FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

I hope he was steaming, otherwise he has no excuse. I am still partially deaf. What about the two lads beside him? Thick as sh*t: 'If we'd scored that, we'd have been 1-0 up.' Really? Took them about 85 minutes to realise Delph wasn't playing too.

beautiful!!! Aren't you responsible for the youth of today?!! :-)

Wasn't the best road trip ever...especially with a broken down train and then restrictive speed due to weather. ..plus a ton of drunk rugby fans to keep me company.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

beautiful!!! Aren't you responsible for the youth of today?!! :-)

Wasn't the best road trip ever...especially with a broken down train and then restrictive speed due to weather. ..plus a ton of drunk rugby fans to keep me company.

In fairness, they were marginally too old for me ever to have taught them but their conversation throughout the game made me wonder if they'd ever been to school.

Took me two hours to get a few miles up the road. No tube and the traffic was horrendous for some reason. How did you get back to Paddington?

2426f5x.png

I hope he was steaming, otherwise he has no excuse. I am still partially deaf. What about the two lads beside him? Thick as sh*t: 'If we'd scored that, we'd have been 1-0 up.' Really? Took them about 85 minutes to realise Delph wasn't playing too.
That's the problem ,, I don't think he was drunk ! Get on him , was his only tactic lol Then at half time he decided to have a go at me because I said Benteke needed to pull his finger out !

funniest.gif

In fairness, they were marginally too old for me ever to have taught them but their conversation throughout the game made me wonder if they'd ever been to school.

Took me two hours to get a few miles up the road. No tube and the traffic was horrendous for some reason. How did you get back to Paddington?

it was easier getting back then getting there. Queue at underground was nuts but went south to avoid the crowds and got back to Paddy in time for a burger and drink. Queue for underground was like queueing for the last loaf of bread! Bouncer man handling queue dodgers over the railings!!

The language coming out of the young lad's mouth in front of me was shocking....not surprisingly his dad was the same. Lad couldn't of been much more that 12.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

when i think of the line up and what players we were missing i would take a draw all day in this game. big sam says hes missing 7 players but ther strength in depth is alot better than ours. if we were match fit though i feel this game was certainly for the taking.

kea sylla and westwood, underperformed is an understatement. though what was lambert to do??

the so called wing backs bacuna and lowton if thats what u want to call the formation were not really in it either.

1 good cross from lowton other than that i dont remember much from him. plus nearly gave a peno away if i remember correctly

alot here may say benteke is not gettin the service or wasnt his normal self. it always brings me back to the sunderland game where i thought he was nonexistent and then banged in a hat trick.

clearly key players missing was a massive factor and delphs illness was a massive blow considering.

weimann looked not bad in spells but gets nervous or somethin, i cant really put my finger on why he is having this spell other than the idea of inviting teams onto us and then catching them on the counter with long balls from guzan just doesnt give him or anyone for that matter much time on the ball to perform, also when the heat is turned up by teams as much as i would say we are better defending than last year. we were living on a prayer that west ham didnt get a goal at times yesterday. we were overwhelmed

overall when i heard the injuries or the team that was fielded i would of taken a point all day. i actually thought we were gonna lose when i saw the starting line up. this really brings me back to what should lambert do??

i think our depth in players is seriously out of its depth with the style of play we do. i dont mind the not scoring sometimes and every team gets a dry spell. but if we are goin to be in the market in jan i think we need an over haul at times, im all for the idea lambert is trying to succeed at but some players we have are performing like bennett last year at times.

the urgency yesterday had me very frustrated, we were lookin for a draw in this game more so than a win. this team playing for its life in the pl last year woulda came out and hammered the hammers with its own hammer

with sylla playing u could see ther was more passing on the deck than recent games, hopefully he gets picked regularly in the future cause i find when we pass like that we settle alot better and the other teams seem to drop off, i cant remember the last time guzan has rolled the ball out to start at the back

newcomer.png

On a positive note... I've not seen us pick out a claret and blue shirt with our passing with such regularity all season...

Oh dear...

What about the Hammers singing 'Gold'? PMSL. Really thought it was impossible to sing anything cheesier than 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' but, fair play to them, they managed it.

2426f5x.png

Oh dear...

What about the Hammers singing 'Gold'? PMSL. Really thought it was impossible to sing anything cheesier than 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' but, fair play to them, they managed it.

I didn't hear that, I think I slipped into a coma after about 15 minutes.

Did anyone go downstairs at HT? I went down after about 40 minutes with the idea of getting a pint to ease the boredom but as usual with the world's smallest concourse it was pretty difficult to move. Then some idiot decided to let off a smoke bomb. It was carnage with people jumping around, the police and stewards wading in and kids choking to death on the smoke. How f**cking stupid do you have to be to do that in such a confined space? Needless to say the bar got closed and I never got my pint, but with all that smoke in my lungs I didn't feel the need to go into the toilets for a sly fag... We really do have some bellends in our support.

I didn't hear that, I think I slipped into a coma after about 15 minutes. Did anyone go downstairs at HT? I went down after about 40 minutes with the idea of getting a pint to ease the boredom but as usual with the world's smallest concourse it was pretty difficult to move. Then some idiot decided to let off a smoke bomb. It was carnage with people jumping around, the police and stewards wading in and kids choking to death on the smoke. How f**cking stupid do you have to be to do that in such a confined space? Needless to say the bar got closed and I never got my pint, but with all that smoke in my lungs I didn't feel the need to go into the toilets for a sly fag... We really do have some bellends in our support.
Give it up mate ,, it sounds like its becoming painfull for yu

funniest.gif

Archived