FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

I don't think there is any need to mention the few positives though (clean sheet, point rather than none) because every one else coming on will do that.

I'd pick up on individual performances but didn't feel there was one.

I can accept that it will take time to be a consistent side. I've never once called for Lambert's head as I think it would be suicidal to keep changing managers.

That doesn't mean people can't complain about how poor we have been this season. Can anyone name a full good performance from us this season? Just one game were we have gone at a team, looked exciting and played without a fear of conceding 6? Don't even need the result just a performance. I can't. I can pick out a few 30-45min spells after a dreadful first half. We shouldn't be steamrolling these sides (as someone mentioned) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect to beat teams that are around us and have a go at teams. They didn't play with a forward today, we started with 5 defenders... Sits with the manager.

You name a single team outside of the top 4 or 5 that have showed a top performance for 90 minutes, unless you are the big guys then it just doesn't happen.

Yes we need to do better but we have a few Injurys the main one bein gabby, IMO benteke doesn't perform without gabby or an on form Weiman to work off.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

We missed Gabby today, both his speed and ball retention. Delph is obviously a huge loss as well. We looked good when Sylla and KEA got forward but that just didn't happen often enough.

You name a single team outside of the top 4 or 5 that have showed a top performance for 90 minutes, unless you are the big guys then it just doesn't happen

I can name you

Southampton (who are currently fifth but may slip down if Spurs or everton win)

Newcastle today played very well

Swansea last season against Arsenal especially which I remember

A top performance for 90mins just doesn't happen, mistakes will be made in every game no matter whos playing even I its Barca vs Luton for example

im personally happy to with a point just as I was against hull. I don't understand why people think we should be winning these type of games. Are we really that much better than teams like west ham and Newcastle that we should be going into the game expecting to win??

I agree the performance was poor and the fact that we haven't scored in 4 is slightly worrying but 2 of the games were away where we also kept a clean sheet and the other 2 were against spurs and everton.

I must be a massive optimist because I just can't see why most seem to be so worried. The plan for this year was progess and were getting progress. It might bot be huge but itis progress

This GIF of Delph has been removed due to him being a JUDAS b**tard!!!!!!

Put your handbag away.

The point is people seem to take all the negatives and that's it, not one person that I've seen who's had a moan pointed out that we go a clean sheet, it seems people focus solely on the negatives. Yes it would have been better if we'd won and yes maybe we could have performed better but it's still better than last season.

Nobody is saying don't criticise that's rediculous but maybe try taking a balanced view

I don have claret and blue specs on at all, in the past I've been one of the. It's negative on here apparently, thing is I am negative but still notice the positives. Personally I feel we should be doin way better than we are but that's down to the funds at the club, when you look at the reality of the situation lambert is working to some tight budgets and in fact worked a minor miracle just keeping us in the league last season.

You cannot deny that we are progressing from last season and although it may not be as successful as we'd all like its profession non the less and IMO we should all sit back and enjoy the ride, if we stick with lambert and his plan IMO in 5-6 years time we will be as successful as we all would like but it's not coming any sooner without bucket loads of cash.

What a load of bollocks....you just want Lerner out and some oil rich Ayerabs to take over...you seriously think we've progressed since this time last season? I agree, there are SOME positives...but not many...As for Lambert working a tight buget...Bollocks....He wasted 20 million in the last days of the transfer window....If he didn't...why isnt he playing these players he spent millions on???Lets face it....Randy is still here , and you dont like it...2 seasons after you (Skyba) reported that the ARABS were taking over at VP.....No matter who runs AVFC.you need a good manager to pick and run the team...PL is not that manager at this time...

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

You name a single team outside of the top 4 or 5 that have showed a top performance for 90 minutes, unless you are the big guys then it just doesn't happen.

Yes we need to do better but we have a few Injurys the main one bein gabby, IMO benteke doesn't perform without gabby or an on form Weiman to work off.

Performances for longer than 45mins do happen though, just not with Villa.

To be honest I just want to enjoy watching the Villa again. It's got to the point where it is boring, home and away. Now don't get me wrong if we get the results then I will take it, but when we don't and we have set up to draw from the off it is hard to take.

I can name you

Southampton (who are currently fifth but may slip down if Spurs or everton win)

Newcastle today played very well

Swansea last season against Arsenal especially which I remember

A top performance for 90mins just doesn't happen, mistakes will be made in every game no matter whos playing even I its Barca vs Luton for example

What are you sayin? Firstly you say you can name one and then You say it doesn't happen.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Last season we lost this fixture...progress.....

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

What are you sayin? Firstly you say you can name one and then You say it doesn't happen.

My mistake, I am saying that a top performance for 90mins just does't happen. Not even top clubs as they will put their foot off the gas at some point (Man U today - where was the second half display?)

I named you some examples of very good overall performances from teams outside the top 5.

My mistake, I am saying that a top performance for 90mins just does't happen. Not even top clubs as they will put their foot off the gas at some point (Man U today - where was the second half display?)

I named you some examples of very good overall performances from teams outside the top 5.

And my point is a good overall performance can involve playing well and attacking for 45 minutes and defending well for the other 45

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived