FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

Haven't watched the game but was anyone expecting a classic ? after some of the shite we have endured in recent years I will still try to take some positives from this.

A point away from home for a team that has spent the last 3 years fighting relegation, why do people think we should be rolling these teams over ?

We only have 3 players in the squad capable of getting into double figures when it comes to scoring goals, gabbys injured, so is weimann now and he's been poor for weeks anyhow and benteke still looks to be struggling from that hip injury.

We all have opinions on what lambert should do and this is the place to air them but lets not throw in the towel just yet.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

Or maybe some people can't watch a Villa game without being subjective rather than objective.

You point at that moaning about a point away from home is bad... maybe, if we could pick up points at home!

I don't moan at Villa Park, so if I can't moan about an inept performance by manager and team here then where can I?

Maybe I should just stick my claret and blue specs on though and agree that "we got a point", "we got a clean sheet", "we lost by 8, but at least it wasn't 9".

Put your handbag away.

The point is people seem to take all the negatives and that's it, not one person that I've seen who's had a moan pointed out that we go a clean sheet, it seems people focus solely on the negatives. Yes it would have been better if we'd won and yes maybe we could have performed better but it's still better than last season.

Nobody is saying don't criticise that's rediculous but maybe try taking a balanced view

I don have claret and blue specs on at all, in the past I've been one of the. It's negative on here apparently, thing is I am negative but still notice the positives. Personally I feel we should be doin way better than we are but that's down to the funds at the club, when you look at the reality of the situation lambert is working to some tight budgets and in fact worked a minor miracle just keeping us in the league last season.

You cannot deny that we are progressing from last season and although it may not be as successful as we'd all like its profession non the less and IMO we should all sit back and enjoy the ride, if we stick with lambert and his plan IMO in 5-6 years time we will be as successful as we all would like but it's not coming any sooner without bucket loads of cash.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Sometimes I like to see a performance though. If we nicked it late on and got the three, I'd have been happy with the points (without a doubt) but still doesn't change the performance or game plan. No team is good enough that there isn't anything to improve on. If fans can't pick up on that on an online forum then where can they? Also there would be f*ck all to talk about if people didn't disagree with the ever optimist view.
Completely agree and I'm not having a go about people being negative on here I'm just trying to say that it could be worse. There will aways be differing opinions, that's what makes this forum such a great place.

Seriously......We suck.....We are no better away from home as we are at home.... The win at Arsenil and the win against citeh were flukes......If you think otherwise your delusional.... We are a mediocre, bottom/midway table team...PL is not the mesiah...infact hes just a middle of the road manager....I say give him until the end of next season....then bye ,bye PL...

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

, not one person that I've seen who's had a moan pointed out that we go a clean sheet

okay lets think of the positives:

1). We picked up a point against a decent defensively set up West aam side

2). We got a clean sheet

um..that's about it...

...negatives:

1). we didn't score

2). west aam dominated 60/40 possession

3). lack of real goal threat

4). stubbornness and inability to make a change (e.g tonev) when we were crying out for it

5). Seemed like we were playing for the draw, no desire or will to win

6). This leaves us without a goal in 4 games (unacceptable) and 3 points off relegation

Cough cough :readthemessage: :whistling:

IMO a performance is just as importance as a result. It breathes confidence for players and gives them belief. A poor performance and a decent result does nothing.

Sadly a good performance does not give 3 points....

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Put your handbag away.

The point is people seem to take all the negatives and that's it, not one person that I've seen who's had a moan pointed out that we go a clean sheet, it seems people focus solely on the negatives. Yes it would have been better if we'd won and yes maybe we could have performed better but it's still better than last season.

I don have claret and blue specs on at all, in the past I've been one of the. It's negative on here apparently, thing is I am negative but still notice the positives. Personally I feel we should be doin way better than we are but that's down to the funds at the club, when you look at the reality of the situation lambert is working to some tight budgets and in fact worked a minor miracle just keeping us in the league last season.

You cannot deny that we are progressing from last season and although it may not be as successful as we'd all like its profession non the less and IMO we should all sit back and enjoy the ride, if we stick with lambert and his plan IMO in 5-6 years time we will be as successful as we all would like but it's not coming any sooner without bucket loads of cash.

I don't think there is any need to mention the few positives though (clean sheet, point rather than none) because every one else coming on will do that.

I'd pick up on individual performances but didn't feel there was one.

I can accept that it will take time to be a consistent side. I've never once called for Lambert's head as I think it would be suicidal to keep changing managers.

That doesn't mean people can't complain about how poor we have been this season. Can anyone name a full good performance from us this season? Just one game were we have gone at a team, looked exciting and played without a fear of conceding 6? Don't even need the result just a performance. I can't. I can pick out a few 30-45min spells after a dreadful first half. We shouldn't be steamrolling these sides (as someone mentioned) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect to beat teams that are around us and have a go at teams. They didn't play with a forward today, we started with 5 defenders... Sits with the manager.

Seriously......We suck.....We are no better away from home as we are at home.... The win at Arsenil and the win against citeh were flukes......If you think otherwise your delusional.... We are a mediocre, bottom/midway table team...PL is not the mesiah...infact hes just a middle of the road manager....I say give him until the end of next season....then bye ,bye PL...

Yes we are a mediocre bottom to mid table team that's a fact and that's not going to change by sackin lambert is it?? We don't have the money to compete anywhere other than where we are now.

It's more delusional that some think we should be fighting for top 8 with the resources we have.

If you look at the whole picture we are about where we should be now IMO a huge club like ours definitely shouldn't be where we are and we should be fighting the top 6 but I'm affraid histor doesn't get you results but bein able to pay proper wages and bring in quality talent does.

That being said the only other way of achieving is by takin the long and difficult road of trying to build and produce that tea from youngsters. But this takes time and patience from all involved, Rome wasn't built in a day and it didn't look like a masterpiece from the outset either

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Sadly a good performance does not give 3 points....

You're right, it doesn't.

But good performances are still important. We've had 4 poor performances, its hardly going to lift the players in for future fixtures.

If we performed well today at least we would have more confidence and belief leaving us with a better chance of winning our next game.

Firstly, the win at Arsenal wasn't a fluke, secondly the win against Man City probably was a bit lucky so I guess that most likely means that I am delusional! We are or will be a mid table team and that will be an improvement on last season.

If Lambert is here until the end of next season then he will have obviously done something right so bring it on

Archived