FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

We picked up a point, last season we were in a relegation battle throughout, as it stands we are 3 points from the bottom three but also only 3 points from 9th.

We're looking for progression and that's what we are getting, slowly but surely, only on here could we get a point away from home and still we complain. Let's not forget west ham have beaten spurs this season also.

Also people are missing the positives, another clean sheet.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

We picked up a point, last season we were in a relegation battle throughout, as it stands we are 3 points from the bottom three but also only 3 points from 9th.

We're looking for progression and that's what we are getting, slowly but surely, only on here could we get a point away from home and still we complain. Let's not forget west ham have beaten spurs this season also.

They also lost to Hull and Stoke.

Fact is they played without a striker and still looked more likely to score.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Or maybe some people can't watch a Villa game without being subjective rather than objective.

You point at that moaning about a point away from home is bad... maybe, if we could pick up points at home!

I don't moan at Villa Park, so if I can't moan about an inept performance by manager and team here then where can I?

Maybe I should just stick my claret and blue specs on though and agree that "we got a point", "we got a clean sheet", "we lost by 8, but at least it wasn't 9".

Also people are missing the positives, another clean sheet

I like the fact we have a clean sheet.

But this is a West Ham team without a striker who had many chances to score while dominating.

Only 4 teams have scored less than west ham (with 8 goals). 3 of those 8 goals came against Spurs - a fluky win IMO. If they hadn't scored those 3 goals at Spurs, they would have scored the least goals in the prem with 5 goals in 10 games.

Hardly an achievement.

Hence my point mate - Hard to be positive if the side arent positive isnt it?
Well we didn't lose, we were away from home, we kept a clean sheet 'couldn't buy one not to long ago' . There are at least 3 positives that I could draw from this game. Too much time spent trying to pull out the negatives, if we'd have nicked it in the last minute it still wouldn't have been enough for some.

Still, that 7-0 to City against Norwich is one behind us last season against Chelsea. Hughton is about to get fired, very soon.

Who gives a rats as about any other team????? Villa is what I care about....

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Well we didn't lose, we were away from home, we kept a clean sheet 'couldn't buy one not to long ago' . There are at least 3 positives that I could draw from this game. Too much time spent trying to pull out the negatives, if we'd have nicked it in the last minute it still wouldn't have been enough for some.

Sometimes I like to see a performance though. If we nicked it late on and got the three, I'd have been happy with the points (without a doubt) but still doesn't change the performance or game plan.

No team is good enough that there isn't anything to improve on. If fans can't pick up on that on an online forum then where can they? Also there would be f*ck all to talk about if people didn't disagree with the ever optimist view.

Who gives a rats as about any other team????? Villa is what I care about....
If most were honest they would all say that they look at other results, I know that I do. Like it or not at this moment in time we're not good enough to not worry about what others are doing.

Archived