FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

What a boring game. I was about to drop my laptop a couple of times, when I fell asleep. Benteke had two chances, first was a bit unlucky from Lowton´s incredible cross, second, as I said, Jääskeläinen was better.

How can we win, if we can´t score. Simple question, no answer. I missed Delph, Gabby and, yes, Tonev. Today, we had nothing to offer. Yes, yes, this is a long road and we have just begun blaa-blaa. Impatient, that´s what I am. More and more.

MOM - Guzan

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

Now i know what I am about to say doesn't matter because 'we beat Man City and Arsenal' but what complete and utter crap!

I don't think we have gone out once this season to win a game - its like we are constantly set up to avoid defeat and have got lucky with a few victories.

Fact of the matter is - yes we have had a hard start to the season but we have now played three sides we should be looking at winning and we haven't won one!

Am i being negative? Possible - but its hard to get positive about a team that is set up to be negative!

Agree 100 % A+ post

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Could be worse, tonight you could be a Norwich, Fulham, Palace or Sunderland fan, or a Villa fan with a point from an away fixture ..... the decision is yours

What a boring game. I was about to drop my laptop a couple of times, when I fell asleep. Benteke had two chances, first was a bit unlucky from Lowton´s incredible cross, second, as I said, Jääskeläinen was better.

How can we win, if we can´t score. Simple question, no answer. I missed Delph, Gabby and, yes, Tonev. Today, we had nothing to offer. Yes, yes, this is a long road and we have just begun blaa-blaa. Impatient, that´s what I am. More and more.

MOM - Guzan

Agree 100%....Delph,Gabby and Tonev would have made a difference.....but when is PL gonna see that his blue-eyed boys...ie Westwood, etc cant cut it?...wake up and smell the coffee PL...... You spent money in the summer.....f**cking use what you bought......

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Could be worse, tonight you could be a Norwich, Fulham, Palace or Sunderland fan, or a Villa fan with a point from an away fixture ..... the decision is yours

Couldn't care less what other teams are doing. I'd rather be successful on our own merits rather than other teams being worse.

Couldn't care less what other teams are doing. I'd rather be successful on our own merits rather than other teams being worse.
Just trying to lighten things up a little, this is a pretty depressive place at the minute

Just trying to lighten things up a little, this is a pretty depressive place at the minute

Hence my point mate - Hard to be positive if the side arent positive isnt it?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

okay lets think of the positives:

1). We picked up a point against a decent defensively set up West aam side

2). We got a clean sheet

um..that's about it...

...negatives:

1). we didn't score

2). west aam dominated 60/40 possession

3). lack of real goal threat

4). stubbornness and inability to make a change (e.g tonev) when we were crying out for it

5). Seemed like we were playing for the draw, no desire or will to win

6). This leaves us without a goal in 4 games (unacceptable) and 3 points off relegation

Archived