FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Sir Alex Ferguson Retires... The End Of A Legacy

LionHeart82

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite weird that he didn't go for 1500, that would annoy the crap out if me personally.

Maybe the rest of us will receive fair treatment against united now? Doubtful

mzjj.jpg

A great manager no doubt about it and the history books will show him to be the best ever because of the amount he has won.

But he has managed at united during an era when financial power has dominated football and as such for much of his reign united have only ever had one or two teams that could compete with them on an equal footing. If he'd managed in any other era i don't believe the trophy haul would be anywhere near as high.

What he has achieved at united was remarkable, but his record in the champions league was poor.

For me his most remarkable achievement came at aberdeen, to beat the old firm like he did was virtually a miracle.

A great manager no doubt about it and the history books will show him to be the best ever because of the amount he has won.

But he has managed at united during an era when financial power has dominated football and as such for much of his reign united have only ever had one or two teams that could compete with them on an equal footing. If he'd managed in any other era i don't believe the trophy haul would be anywhere near as high.

What he has achieved at united was remarkable, but his record in the champions league was poor.

For me his most remarkable achievement came at aberdeen, to beat the old firm like he did was virtually a miracle.

This. Always said he was overrated, he received an infinite amount if luck in his time. And in 26-27 years at united he only won about 5 ish league cups and 6 fa.

Personally I think united is one of the easiest jobs there is. You could just pick any 11 to go out an still expect to win.

Anyway, fair play to him

mzjj.jpg

Quite weird that he didn't go for 1500, that would annoy the crap out if me personally.

Maybe the rest of us will receive fair treatment against united now? Doubtful

Still 2 leagues games left to play.

Be interesting to see who his replacement is.

Mourinho would be the obvious choice buy i've read reports that he isn't liked by the hierarchy at utd. Other than mourinho i see no obvious choice, how the f*ck do you replace alex ferguson ?

Moyes is being mentioned. Fergies hands a shortlist of three to the club.

Worth noting that the source I have mentioned this back in November, the guys class

mzjj.jpg

Archived