FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke Signs New Deal

Loyalvillan

Clubs use agents too though that's the problem, they'll never GE rid as they make money from them also.

I was listening to stan collymoore talking about when Gregory froze him out at the villa, he said his agent was pushing for him to make a move to a club in the championship when he was being offered a contract somewhere else in Europe. Basically it all boiled down the fact that Gregory was part of the agency or something and the deal to the English club would have brought in more money for the agents.

Collymoore said he only found out because he rang the agency and asked if he could send some post in for Gregory and slyly found out that Gregory had a PO box at the agents office.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter what his agent says anyway - the club will always have the final say. If the club want to show him who's boss then they will prevent the sale regardless, however following the previous few years of idiotic personalities at this football club I would rather the club just made money and got someone who actually wants to play for the club. After all - no-one and I mean no-one player is bigger than our football club regardless of what division we find ourselves in - in the future.

u cant believe that statement surely?

clubs have no power over players these days... lets not forget how Benteke is even currently a villa player! im sure Genk wanted to show him who was boss... he proved who it was... HIM! if the guy wants out he will go, nothing else matters.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Its not the agents that are the problem. Its the brokers. Proper agents look after their clients pretty well and genuinely look for the best options. Brokers on the other hand will approach the player, say they can get them a move to an illustrious club (or one that will pay through the nose) and once the move has been made and money changes hands, they move on to the next player. Not all agents are bad folks

Spurs after him now according to the Mirror. I'd like to keep him next season, but to be honest i've given up all hope of us ever mounting a successful premier league campaign under Lerner. We won't build on what we have even if we keep him, and he won't stick around fighting relegation if clubs vying for CL football want him.

I'm depressed.

Spurs after him now according to the Mirror. I'd like to keep him next season, but to be honest i've given up all hope of us ever mounting a successful premier league campaign under Lerner. We won't build on what we have even if we keep him, and he won't stick around fighting relegation if clubs vying for CL football want him.

I'm depressed.

£20 million + Bale seems a fair offer to me for Benteke

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

say you want to build a team and sell your best players look at spurs kept hold of the bale defoe modrics we would be up there with them if we didint sell on

woudent sell him he is still young 15+ goals this year he will onley get better we should concentrate on getting rid of the fringe players not out best asset

Well, we forked out 20 odd mill for Bent, and although Benteke is good, i would say that he is not as good as bent was when we signed him last season. I would like at least 20-25 mil for Benteke should he go, which i think is pretty darn likely reading the press clippings. He's not as good as bent was, but he is younger. As far as Darren goes, should Benteke leave in the summer, maybe we should try and keep Darren as our main man upfront (supported by gabby,Weimen, and Charles) and spend the money from Benteke on our mid or def.

I watched the Arsenal game with my brother, and he really would like to see Andy Weimen sign for the gunners (my bro is a Arsenal supporter). As far as players in go, i really think we need to find some ladz who are villa fans (like Gabby - thats loyalty right there).

for now i just hope we are still in the top flight next season.

I don't think he's polished enough to go for 20m+ money and maybe needs another year learning the game at villa and getting that consistency needed. can see numerous clubs in for him for around 10-15m in the summer, but villa might as well keep and develop his talent for the possibility of greater financial reward.

Archived