FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke Signs New Deal

Loyalvillan

Makes me laugh........

Prior to benteke signing a new contract you couldn't look at a paper or listen to the radio without him being mentioned, oh benteke is amazing, he'd make any team in the country better, blah blah blah.

now he's signed I haven't heard a single conversation about him past the mention of him signing the contract lol.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me laugh........

Prior to benteke signing a new contract you couldn't look at a paper or listen to the radio without him being mentioned, oh benteke is amazing, he'd make any team in the country better, blah blah blah.

now he's signed I haven't heard a single conversation about him past the mention of him signing the contract lol.

I know, if that was Rooney at Utd, the press would be creaming their drawers, on how Moyes has a pulled off a masterstroke of genius. Because it's unfashionable Villa, nobody gives a toss, what do we do to generate such negativity from certain quarters?, I know we've had a bit of a circus the past few years on the managerial front, but from my point of view, we are one of the soundest community based clubs around. More so than some of the other contemporary football clubs. Well I guess it makes us stronger, because we are the best fans in the land imo.

I know, if that was Rooney at Utd, the press would be creaming their drawers, on how Moyes has a pulled off a masterstroke of genius. Because it's unfashionable Villa, nobody gives a toss, what do we do to generate such negativity from certain quarters?, I know we've had a bit of a circus the past few years on the managerial front, but from my point of view, we are one of the soundest community based clubs around. More so than some of the other contemporary football clubs. Well I guess it makes us stronger, because we are the best fans in the land imo.

Not always negative though, Adrian Durham on talksport usually sings our praises as he likes what lambert is trying to do.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

well i hope every one can keep their heads up once the season starts, because from what iv seen this summer, i think we are gonna struggle next season, hope im wrong and sorry to be a damp squid but i have to go on what ive seen, read, and heard,, we have played some crap football so far this summer, it has to umprove greatly or else. and apart from that, 8 injuries? already? dont give me much hope,

well i hope every one can keep their heads up once the season starts, because from what iv seen this summer, i think we are gonna struggle next season, hope im wrong and sorry to be a damp squid but i have to go on what ive seen, read, and heard,, we have played some crap football so far this summer, it has to umprove greatly or else. and apart from that, 8 injuries? already? dont give me much hope,

I see what you mean rog. Although I'm hoping that's a good sign as last summer we were winning and playing well, and we started crap. Hopefully its the other way round this season

mzjj.jpg

We kept our heads up last year when all seemed lost at times, this season will be better..mark my words.

I really think we need to get a firm understanding that pre season is not even close to competitive football, just about fitness and a little tinkering with formations etc

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Its the injuries that bother me I must admit. Almost our entire front starting XI are out or unfit. This isn't giving PL much of a chance to get them working together.

There is a chance the first time benteke, Helenius, Tonev, Gabby and Andy play together will be at Arsenal!!!!

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Its the injuries that bother me I must admit. Almost our entire front starting XI are out or unfit. This isn't giving PL much of a chance to get them working together.

There is a chance the first time benteke, Helenius, Tonev, Gabby and Andy play together will be at Arsenal!!!!

I agree with this but, on the other hand Its alot better getting injuries now and not in the middle of January/February when fixtures will begin to pile up.

Unfortunately injuries don't get limited to one injury per player per season (although that's a damn good idea!).

whilst most teams are using pre-season to hone their team tactics and fitness we're achieving hardly any of that.

hopefully the back room staff are working their miracles so we can run out our starting XI sometime before Malaga.

Everyone says that pre-season is about fitness and preparation not scores, we've achieved not a lot of anything ON the pitch. Off the pitch PL has been shrewd.

Arsenal have scored 17 goals in their pre-season already, that's over 3 games.

I can't actually remember our last clean sheet??

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Archived