FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke Signs New Deal

Loyalvillan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gives a whole new outlook on this season. Signing a deal shows a commitment on both sides. Great news. Rumors will always be there, but at least we've gotten a commitment from him. I really think that getting passed this mess makes us a real threat for the top 10.

Personally, I'm just glad to get some more use out of my Benteke t-shirt. Really thought I was gonna have to torch it.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Hopefully his agent has been paid off and sent packing, maybe we'll be able to take the prem by storm this season.

Lambert has shown that he knows what he's doing when it comes to dealing wih players and building a TEAM, and by the looks of it maybe Sylla played a part in this which only reiterate's the sense of togetherness at the club which IMO is one of the reason the MON team used to do so well.

This could also be a turning point for the club as a whole, of you look at the bigger picture, this is the first time since Barry that we've managed to keep hold of a want away player, maybe this indicates a difference in the clubs stance on player power??

And about time too

I think credit has to go to Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and Randy Lerner for not allowing either Spurs or 'player power' to bully around Aston Villa. The way the club approached it from day 1 was fantastic,

This

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

the feel good feeling this could bring to the squad could be worth 4 points form the first 2 games!! or at least a few extra points early doors on the crest of this wave

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

I was saying just that, mate.

This could really galvanise the squad.

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

A reality check was required :

Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Christian Benteke has withdrawn his transfer request and agreed a contract extension through to 2017 with the Club. - Club Statement, 19/07/2013.

- and reality checks in.

Let normal service resume.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Archived