As always, Avillafan.com will bring you right up to date with all the latest transfer news circulating Villa Park on deadline day – from that rumour to any official news. This page will be updated whenever we receive any news so be sure to keep refreshing.
- Sky Sports’ Pete Colley has just tweeted that he believes Villa are now done for this transfer window.
- Barry Bannan has officially completed his move to Crystal Palace on a three year deal. ( Link )
- Villa have completed the signing of striker Libor Kozak from Lazio. Kozak put pen to paper on a four-year deal that should keep him at the club until 2017. ( Link )
- Reliable Liverpool source TheLFCWay has tweeted information about the Given to Liverpool deal, stating: “Shay Given complications have been sorted out over the past 2 hours. Deal is back on. Far from complete, though.”
- Stephen Ireland has completed a year long loan deal with Stoke City. This signals the end of his Aston Villa career. ( Link )
- AVFanside have just this second posted that they have just had confirmation that Kozak is at Bodymoor Heath. We await official confirmation from Aston Villa regarding this arrival.
- Several media sources including John Acres LINK are reporting Stephen Ireland has arrived at Stoke City to finalise a loan move from Aston Villa.
- Our friends over at AVFanside are outside Bodymoor Heath as we speak. They have tweeted about spotting someone who looked like Kozak entering the training ground. Interestingly, they also stated someone has left the training ground in a mini-bus, covered by a sheet inside. The lads have also posted a video of a fan quizzing Ashley Westwood about Kozak’s arrival.
- Talksport have just confirmed live on air that Aston Villa have completed the signing of Libor Kozak. This is yet to be confirmed by the club.
- Crystal Palace are set to announce the signing of Barry Bannan from Aston Villa (Link)
- Daily Mirror journalist James Nursey has tweeted that he believes the transfer of Libor Kozak is worth around £7 million, while Barry Bannan to Crystal Palace is said to be worth £1.75 million.
- There are also various sources now claiming that Stoke City are interested in taking Stephen Ireland on loan.
- Stan Collymore has tweeted that there will be no more in-coming players after the Kozak deal is complete.
- Ian Dennis of BBC Radio 5 has tweeted that talks are ongoing regarding Shay Given moving on loan from Villa to Liverpool. The goalkeeper moving to Liverpool remains a “possibility”. BBC sports journalist Ben Smith confirms that the deal is still being worked on and is “likely to go to the wire”.
- Lazio website Lalaziosiamonoi.it claims the deal struck for striker Libor Kozak is worth €9 million in total – €7.5 up front and €1.5 million in bonuses. Lazio have also offered Villa the chance to bid for Marius Stankevicius and Bruno Pereirinha.
- There is a rumour circulating on twitter that Aston Villa will battle it out with rivals West Bromwich Albion for the signature of Sunderland playmaker Stéphane Sessègnon. (Rating: 1/5)
- More talk about the apparent interest in Thomas Ince with Villa, Everton, Newcastle and Spurs all said to be interested.
- News broke last night on SKY Italia that Aston Villa were set to complete the signing of Lazio striker Libor Kozak. (Link)
- Mat Kendrick has revealed that Scotland international Barry Bannan will have a medical at Crystal Palace this morning.
- There are multiple rumours around that Shay Given, Alan Hutton and Stephen Ireland could all be on their way out of Villa Park in loan deals today.
- Paul Lambert is said to be looking for an ‘established attacking midfielder’. Nothing has been confirmed yet but Thomas Ince, Bakary Sako and James Milner’s names are being bandied around.
This page will be kept up to date by Dave Beeston and Stuart Young.
Kozac looks like the end of our incoming business this window. it’s not a climactic end as I, and I assume most villa supporters, have never heard of him, and he doesn’t seem to be an outstanding player right now. still, we can’t fault Lambert on bringing in some quality players early and ready for an exciting season. this signing does strike me as a disappointing last minute signing but Lambert hasn’t failed us in the past, and we have no reason to doubt him this time.
thanks for the liv updates. this is the only reliable and sensible transfer site around.
Hope Stan Collymore is wrong and we may still get an attacking midfield player in. Kozak gives us cover in the physical presence department up front . No problem with his signing but hope that we did not forego a midfield player to get him. Think Citeh would give us Milner on loan and still pay 50% of his wages? Nah. . Thought not. . Will offloading hopefully Bannan Ireland and Given leave an opportunity for a last minute surprise. Keep fingers crossed
Sounds shocking on my PC at work. Was Westy pretending not to know anything about Kozak?
Good work today guys. How many will go apart from Bannan?
Thanks for your kind words.
We believe three could leave in total. Bannan to Palace, Ireland to Stoke and Given to Liverpool.