• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   LaVillain

LaVillain
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: anyone who is commited to the Villa
  • My Seat: holte end

Rumors already, or could there be any truth in this?
Not the most reliable of sources, but I have seen it on sites as well.

http://www.caughtoff...er-darren-bent/

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

OFFLINE   Skyba

Skyba
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: gabby, yorke, mcgrath, mellberg, bosnich

They can have him as long as they pay up for him. He's good but with the cost cutting we could do much more with the money we paid for him

Posted Image

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.
Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

ONLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Vive la Revolution
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

When has Lerner stated he would not release funds for rebuilding??? seems to be making things up

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   Jayemdubbya

Jayemdubbya
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

He's 28. Are we really close enough to serious contention to not look at selling him? Liverpool think he could be a final piece to their puzzle, but they are idiots. Even if Randy is making funds available, we need to think long term.

It's nothing against DB9 as a player. He can be dangerous, and if we had the wingers to supply him he could be very prolific. But hes not a Drogba or Berbatov who could still be a threat in his 30's.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

ONLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Vive la Revolution
  • PipPipPipPipPip

We have blamed the board for selling some of our best players and now you want to sell a player who could attract others to the club?

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

OFFLINE   Skyba

Skyba
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

We have blamed the board for selling some of our best players and now you want to sell a player who could attract others to the club?

Yeah Lerner did sell our best players and bent would have been a brilliant addition to that squad but we're no longer that same team, we have different goals.

Bent is good but is he 18-24m good?? Not in my eyes, we could get 2 players who could contribute more than he has.
He's scored 9 goals and had 1 assist, next season he could score loads but we'd have to go out and buy a team to create those chances for him because he rarely creates anything himself.

I like bent sort of, and would have been thrilled to see him in mon's team but I just can't see him doing much for us with our current situation and I think the money could be spen elsewhere, if liverscum tried to take the p*ss and offer us 15m we'd have to tell them to do one...... Unless they agreed to do a ceremonial sacrifice of downing as part of the deal lol

Posted Image

YOU KNOW THE REST

OFFLINE   Jayemdubbya

Jayemdubbya
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

This is a bit different IMO. We had a lot of pieces to build around and were pushing for CL football when players like Barry and Milner were sold. We all knew AY was gonna leave, because he rejected a new contract. Downing jumped ship and left Bent by himself.

We're not pushing for Europe right now. We need to rebuild. Bent's not going to attract new player as much as a new manager and better football would.

He's our only asset right now that's worth anything. At 28, does he really want to be part of a rebuild? He could bring in significant funds that could be applied directly to a younger and more complete striker. Remember, Bent plays best as a line striker and needs to be fed the ball to be effective. If we don't cater to him, it's a waste.

I don't want to be a one striker team anymore. If Bent plays like crap, there's not a second striker to chip in with the goals. Look at how Ba and Cisse have complemented each other. Any mix of Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, or Berbatov. Bent ain't RVP. He ain't Messi. Unless you have someone like that, you shouldn't be playing a lone striker.
"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

OFFLINE   boldfinger

boldfinger
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

charlie adam and £12 million would do me, then use the £12 million to get Adam johnson. Thats 2 very good additions needed in midfield, then use transfer funds to bag a couple of strikers,...
This management stuff is easy lol :whistling:
You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

OFFLINE   Skyba

Skyba
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Image

YOU KNOW THE REST

OFFLINE   Skyba

Skyba
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

charlie adam and £12 million would do me, then use the £12 million to get Adam johnson. Thats 2 very good additions needed in midfield, then use transfer funds to bag a couple of strikers,...
This management stuff is easy lol :whistling:

Lol. See that would be 2 additions to the team who IMO are better for the club by a mile than bent is. We would still need a goal scorer, how about Defoe? We've gOt it sorted, someone get Lerner on the phone!!!

Posted Image

YOU KNOW THE REST

OFFLINE   rogerstan

rogerstan
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

the problem as i see it is, we need bent, we need players to feed him and of which we havnt got, and if we sold him who is to say the money we get for him will be used for another player or players? we havnt had the sale money from the last player yet so we should keep him and see if or how much money learner is going to put in the kitty before we get rid of any one, the squad is to small and short of experienced players to sell anyone,
if learner is serious about taking us forward he should buy players and then and only then should players be sold, its not like we have players worth 15 or20 million that we want to get rid of. so what im saying is, dont sell anyone untill we have replaced them.

ONLINE   Sacro

Sacro
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Heskey

What we need is confidence that there is someone in charge who has a clear plan. I wouldn't mind selling Bent as long as it was to start again, go for an attacker who can create goals independently and strengthen in the middle. I believe Weimann will be a big player for us, and someone with experience along side him would be perfect. What about Keane? that would save alot of the money from Bent for other positions too, or Pogbrenyak?

OFFLINE   deano.w

deano.w
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mcgrath, Cowans, Mellberg

WTF, sell bent because he does not contribute and does not fit into the style of football we are playing. Maybe because he dont control the hoof ball style and the lack of support he gets with players around him.
we only have one player who can play the ball to feet in Ireland. i suppose we should cash in on him aswell and maybe see if we can get zigic or someone in the same mould. play like we did against spurs yesteday and load the pitch with defenders
6 defenders on the pitch, hutton gets injured, spurs down to 10 men. shall we bring someone on with good passing ability now there might be a bit of space. no throw another centrback on in collins and start hoofing the ball.
bent still wouldnt have got support even if he was playing yesterday against 10 men.

it is not bent, its the style of play that needs to change.

OFFLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

Who is going to put the ball in the net if he goes? Gabby? the guy cant even kick a ball properly

We all wanted him before he came and now people want him gone. We would be better off selling the poor performers in the last few years and buying young talent and a few experienced heads.
Posted Image

ONLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Vive la Revolution
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Who is going to put the ball in the net if he goes? Gabby? the guy cant even kick a ball properly

We all wanted him before he came and now people want him gone. We would be better off selling the poor performers in the last few years and buying young talent and a few experienced heads.

agree, even if you are being a little harsh on Gabby

staff.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Darren Bent, cavani, agbonlahor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users