• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   AnneMc

AnneMc
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte

Re: the £40K wage thing, reports vary. Initially, it was reported that Lerner has said no Bosman signing's to get more than £40K a week. In an interview, McLeish then said the aim was to get the average wage bill to £40K.

Great pic for Peever to take home.

kiwv.jpg

staff.png

OFFLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

This 40k wage cap I heard from my dad so it will probably have been reported in a paper, I heard Merson and co mention it on football sat and someone else on here mentioned it in the mcliesh out thread.

I have never heard of the 40k a week cap, i think this is just media misquoting the Club.

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   Raymond

Raymond
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Have already tried to clear this up before. The actual quote was we want to have an average wage of 45k a week.

The exact words AM used were we can sign one or two big wage players as long as they fit into the "wage structure."
Off to VillaTalk. If you want Skyba free chatting, join me.

OFFLINE   Peever

Peever
  • Peasant !
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Carew

Just got back not to long ago. Got dropped off in City Centre. Had a quick pint with Killer once getting dropped off. Absolute quality day! So good to see everyone one last time before heading home. Topped off by meeting a few Villa legends. Good trip ladies and gents!

As for the football today our first half was alright though we never looked like scoring. 2nd half was a bit scrappy and the most we did was in the last 5 minutes!

meetmember.png          member.png

OFFLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

Have already tried to clear this up before. The actual quote was we want to have an average wage of 45k a week.

The exact words AM used were we can sign one or two big wage players as long as they fit into the "wage structure."

Thanks for clearing that up ray!!

I knew i was right!! fact!

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   rogerstan

rogerstan
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

and thats closer to what i read to.

OFFLINE   LaVillain

LaVillain
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: anyone who is commited to the Villa
  • My Seat: holte end

What a waste of a Saturday morning.

Have to agree Ray, I watched it,then went to work. Next week I'm gonna record it and watch it after work. I seriously believe we are probably one of the worst teams in the PL.
The work rate by some is good,but work-rate alone is not good enough. Albrighton was poor again. N'Zogbia is to selfish and needs to release the ball earlier instead of trying to be the sole saviour as he did last year at Wigan and as supposedly wingers their crossing is terrible. There were several periods where we showed some promise,but also at times we looked dire.
I agree with AK47, our midfield needs to start chipping in with some goals ,our shooting from outside the box is terrible and if certain players lifted their heads up and looked where their team-mates were and tried to pass the ball I'm sure we would be creating a lot more chances.
We have all been screaming for the young players to be given a chance,but when your not playing as a team,nothing is going to give you the wins.

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

OFFLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Olof Mellberg
  • My Seat: Upper Holte - K4

They turned up at the Addies!! see the picture below with Myself, Peever and Killer in very very good company!!

Posted Image

Didn't realise people were still in there!! We was in the back room - main room looked dead!

Performance wise I thought Lichaj, herd, and Weimann impressed - they ran and tried but there just doesn't seem to be any urgency to get tht goal.

We still play like we are to scared to concede. Could be our downfall come Tuesday!

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

OFFLINE   JustRich

JustRich
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Laursen, Milner

Well people can't have a go at Ireland anymore can they. The guys our player of the season and has started tracking back a lot. Saved a goal off the line aswell. Last week he covered the most ground out of both sets of players. Not bad eh

mzjj.jpg

OFFLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Olof Mellberg
  • My Seat: Upper Holte - K4

Funny yOu say that.. I don't think we use Ireland as much as we should. He is our best option in terms of finding that killer pass - we should be looking to go through him at every given oppurtunity.

If you watch him - it's shocking the amount of times he shakes his head because someone loses the ball instead of actually givin it to Ireland

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

OFFLINE   Jayemdubbya

Jayemdubbya
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Well people can't have a go at Ireland anymore can they. The guys our player of the season and has started tracking back a lot. Saved a goal off the line aswell. Last week he covered the most ground out of both sets of players. Not bad eh

He got my vote. I couldn't even think of anyone else that was deserving of the POY award.
"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

OFFLINE   Dublin Villain

Dublin Villain
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
Ireland has been superb for us this season alrite.
Agree with Stu he is the only really intelligent footballer in the team and must be the man we look to go through , he wants to get forward with little triangles of passing and tries to deliver a killer pass but some of the midfielders around him just don't have the quality to support this kind of play.
Don't think I have ever seen a midfield less capable of retaining the ball then this Villa team though that has imporved with Delph being shipped off.

Actually thought Heskey was effective when he came on and the more I see of Weimann the more impressed I am.

Great picture peever hopefully you enjoyed the trip !
"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aston villa, Sunderland, Match chat, Villa park

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users