Piermario Morosini Dies After Pitch Collapse

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   JustRich

JustRich
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Laursen, Milner

He was only 25 years of age. After muamba and others it begs the question - why does this keep happening? It's now happened in the Italian, English (albeit Fabrice was thankfully brought back to us) German and Spanish leagues, and internationally when Foe collapsed and passed away.

You could perhaps understand if we were talking about players well into their thirties or fourties. But 25? And muamba is only 23. Are the players 'too fit' as they say?

mzjj.jpg

OFFLINE   ejuventus

ejuventus
  • Reserve Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Platini

I don't know if modern football is more engaging for bodies.
But in Italy we have had also another recent fact: just a month ago the volleyballer Bovolenta, who made part of Italy World Champion team during 90's, died himself too while playing a match in a secondary division. And volelyball is not the strongest sport for bodies.

Every death is a death, but today's fact is more impressive:
Morosini lost both parents in a car accident, and a brother in another; he had remained only with his sister, who has got a kind of paralysis.
Despite that, he was always positive, helpful with others and life loving .... as all team mates are saying.
Also his picture testifies that.

I'm personally more impressed in this case.

Thx JustRich for remembering
All is from that night ..... on 2nd March 1983.
When The King was born

OFFLINE   Raymond

Raymond
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

This has been a problem in American Football for a while now. A kid I knew well growing up because I played with his brother died on the field of a high school football game just two years ago.

I always assumed it was the size of the players in American Football (To give non-handegg fans perspective, I played at 6"1' and around 300 pounds, and I would have been considered undersized at my position in college), but seeing these 170 pound football players having the same issues is concerning.

It is time to really look into what these guys are putting into their bodies. EPO and Windstrol are not easily found if cycled correctly, and they would be obvious help to a football player.

The other aspect is just bad luck and bad genes. My friend that died on the field just had an unrecognized heart defect. Maybe increased screening is the answer for that side of it.

Either way, it is awful when it happens.
Off to VillaTalk. If you want Skyba free chatting, join me.

OFFLINE   AnneMc

AnneMc
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte

Terrible news about Morosini. Another sad day in football.

This has been a problem in Gaelic football in recent years too. Without meaning to cast a shadow on Morosini or any other sportsman or sportswoman, I think Raymond's right that the issue of performance-enhancing drugs and steroids has to be looked at more closely, especially in football where testing is not yet at the same level it is in other sports.

OFFLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

Sad news about this young lad but something really does need to be done about this as it is becoming a big problem now

R.I.P Piermario Morosini
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Jayemdubbya

Jayemdubbya
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Terrible news about Morosini. Another sad day in football.

This has been a problem in Gaelic football in recent years too. Without meaning to cast a shadow on Morosini or any other sportsman or sportswoman, I think Raymond's right that the issue of performance-enhancing drugs and steroids has to be looked at more closely, especially in football where testing is not yet at the same level it is in other sports.

Not always the illegal variety of drugs. The overuse of supplements all together can cause this. Add to that the increase of drinks like red bull, and it causes a lot of stress on your body.
"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

OFFLINE   AnneMc

AnneMc
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte

Not always the illegal variety of drugs. The overuse of supplements all together can cause this. Add to that the increase of drinks like red bull, and it causes a lot of stress on your body.

Yes, Jay, that's true. I was involved with junior football for many years and the overuse of drinks like Red Bull and its cheaper rivals by youngsters is truly shocking. Dread to think of the long-term damage caused to those drinking litres of the stuff daily.

OFFLINE   Dimitri

Dimitri
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Henrik Larsson & Stan Petrov

poor lad never had much luck :(

RIP Morosini

l.jpg

Untitled_1.gif

meet.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users