Injury Latest

• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   deano.w

deano.w
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mcgrath, Cowans, Mellberg

Still the best player this season. we need to get more players on the same same level and ability.

OFFLINE   AnneMc

AnneMc
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte

Ireland and Collins are both fit for Sunday. Albrighton probably won't play again this season.

LINK

kiwv.jpg

staff.png

OFFLINE   JustRich

JustRich
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Laursen, Milner

Im beginnng to wonder what the hell they put these players through in training to get so many injuries. No other clubs seem to have THIS much trouble?

mzjj.jpg

OFFLINE   deano.w

deano.w
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Im beginnng to wonder what the hell they put these players through in training to get so many injuries. No other clubs seem to have THIS much trouble?

you expect to pick up injuries through the season, we do seem to have picked up aour fair share, may be we feel it more because we have a small squad.
we picked up another 3 yesterday.
weimann out with knee medial ligaments after his clash with freidal. 6 weeks should give him a good rest ready for next season.
heskey after his clash with sandro. should be fit for norwich hopfully.
hutton only bruising to the shin. just watched the replay of the rose challenge. he went straight over the top of the ball and cant believe huttons leg did'nt break in two.

OFFLINE   freddy

freddy
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Brian Little,Gary Shaw,Lionel Messi,
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K1

you expect to pick up injuries through the season, we do seem to have picked up aour fair share, may be we feel it more because we have a small squad.
we picked up another 3 yesterday.
weimann out with knee medial ligaments after his clash with freidal. 6 weeks should give him a good rest ready for next season.
heskey after his clash with sandro. should be fit for norwich hopfully.
hutton only bruising to the shin. just watched the replay of the rose challenge. he went straight over the top of the ball and cant believe huttons leg did'nt break in two

Actually thought Hutton was having a decent game yesterday-

-----reckon he,s a very lucky lad not to have a broken leg,cos that "tackle" as you say was right over the top,and was a leg snapper if i ever saw one,

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   deano.w

deano.w
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Actually thought Hutton was having a decent game yesterday-

-----reckon he,s a very lucky lad not to have a broken leg,cos that "tackle" as you say was right over the top,and was a leg snapper if i ever saw one,

Made me cringe. I broke my left leg twice in my playing career and both times i heard it crack. You never forget that noise.
As you watch that tackle you see huttons leg flex. Very lucky reckon he opened the ankle joint up also. Cant see him being fit for norwich.

OFFLINE   freddy

freddy
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Made me cringe. I broke my left leg twice in my playing career and both times i heard it crack. You never forget that noise.
As you watch that tackle you see huttons leg flex. Very lucky reckon he opened the ankle joint up also. Cant see him being fit for norwich.

Yup i know what you mean man,that noise is so tell tell and stays with ya-- i remember playing when a good mate broke his leg on a Sunday morning --it must be 30 years ago,the crack was heard all over the pitch,and we all knew straightaway---the game was one of 8 taking place in a very large park in Coventry--and it took the ambulance an age to get to the poor lad,who no one dare move from the pitch---i dont reckon anyone on either side wanted to re-start the game,
Reckon i was lucky to escape my playing days with only a damaged knee and being knocked out once when going up for a corner the opposing player headed the side of my old conk---i keeled over at work 2 days later with "delayed concussion"---ahh memories man.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   deano.w

deano.w
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Yup i know what you mean man,that noise is so tell tell and stays with ya-- i remember playing when a good mate broke his leg on a Sunday morning --it must be 30 years ago,the crack was heard all over the pitch,and we all knew straightaway---the game was one of 8 taking place in a very large park in Coventry--and it took the ambulance an age to get to the poor lad,who no one dare move from the pitch---i dont reckon anyone on either side wanted to re-start the game,
Reckon i was lucky to escape my playing days with only a damaged knee and being knocked out once when going up for a corner the opposing player headed the side of my old conk---i keeled over at work 2 days later with "delayed concussion"---ahh memories man.

Yep, good memories. i had that old concussion thing after playing on the oval in the bedworth nursing cup final one easter monday. playing AEI rugby and headed the back of somebodies head. made a right mess of the old snout, lost 3 - 2 in extra time then off to the walsgrave for an operation.

OFFLINE   freddy

freddy
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Yep, good memories. i had that old concussion thing after playing on the oval in the bedworth nursing cup final one easter monday. playing AEI rugby and headed the back of somebodies head. made a right mess of the old snout, lost 3 - 2 in extra time then off to the walsgrave for an operation.

Blimey man ive, over the years watched many a Nursing Cup final on The Oval--!! who were you playing for?

sorry to hear bout your snout----however your blinking lucky you never went to George Eliot,--they,d probably have taken it clean off!!! :lolthumb:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   deano.w

deano.w
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Blimey man ive, over the years watched many a Nursing Cup final on The Oval--!! who were you playing for?

sorry to hear bout your snout----however your blinking lucky you never went to George Eliot,--they,d probably have taken it clean off!!! :lolthumb:

was around 99/2000. was playing for ambleside at the time we was the nuneaton ex's. we played the chaple end nursing cup on the easter sunday against jet blades, that went to extra time and replay. then the bedworth nursing cup on the monday. ended up losing both but won the league that year.

OFFLINE   freddy

freddy
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

was around 99/2000. was playing for ambleside at the time we was the nuneaton ex's. we played the chaple end nursing cup on the easter sunday against jet blades, that went to extra time and replay. then the bedworth nursing cup on the monday. ended up losing both but won the league that year.

Ambleside ehh --a good sporting club both football and cricket, played em at cricket.--
i uesd to know a few of them Jet-Blades boys,-- but -have drifted away from the local scene nowadays .
thems were the days man ---thems were the dayzz

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

Richard Dunne is to go under the knife again, have a feeling this could be the end of his career, seems to be struggling to recover and he keeps developing other issues with his hip.

PL said he has never seen anything like it before?

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   Jayemdubbya

Jayemdubbya
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Richard Dunne is to go under the knife again, have a feeling this could be the end of his career, seems to be struggling to recover and he keeps developing other issues with his hip.

PL said he has never seen anything like it before?

Sad news. Didnt think his career was in jeopardy, just his time at Villa due to PL's rebuild. Sucks that his last premier league experience could be playing for that useless t**t AM. Deserves better than that.

Best wishes to Dunne.
"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

ONLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

Heard rumours of that this week saying he might be out till March though
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

Heard rumours of that this week saying he might be out till March though

Thye issue is that his injury keeps changing if that makes any sense, sort one issue out and another crops up!!

he not a young man any more and the longer he is out the less likely it is he will return

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users