Formula 1 2012

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   JustRich

JustRich
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Laursen, Milner

Wow, Vettels not made the greatest start has he. And looks like Mercedes have learnt from their bad start last season. Should be an interesting season! I hope Raikonen does well as he seems genuinly down to earth

mzjj.jpg

ONLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Olof Mellberg
  • My Seat: Upper Holte - K4

RACE 4 - GULF AIR BAHRAIN

Posted Image

Number of Laps: 57

Record Holder:

1:30.252 - M Schumacher (2004)

Race Chat and Predictions..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

OFFLINE   Maca-AVFC

Maca-AVFC
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: WESTWOOD #pass
  • My Seat: K4 seat 103

Lewis is due a win

OFFLINE   B6!

B6!
  • Peasant !
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Gordon Cowans
  • My Seat: K4 Row 27

Lewis will win and stay number 1 in the driver championship

predictionleague.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

ONLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Thats if it goes ahead...

Force India team members were forced to flee as petrol bombs were hurled over their vehicle on their way back from the Bahrain Grand Prix track.
The four mechanics in a 4x4 were caught in the middle of an incident as police clashed with protesters.
Some tear gas fired by police entered the car, before the driver escaped through a gap in the flames on the road.
No Force India staff were hurt but two team members have asked to return home.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

ONLINE   Skyba

Skyba
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: gabby, yorke, mcgrath, mellberg, bosnich

This Is bullshit, my mate who has lived in Bahrain for a long time rather safely is saying its no that bad, it's being blown out of proportion once again. I was I've there not long after it kicked off last time and it was fine.

Last time they were all where the protests were smoking sheeshas and having hair cuts, it was more like a festival.
And the coppers that got killed and it was all over the news pulled 2 men from the crowd and were attempting to beat them to death.

Me personally I love Bahrain and I would live there if i could convince the mrs but I can't, I could get work and I've tried to blag but she has non of it lol
Posted Image

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.
Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

OFFLINE   Karl

Karl
  • Founder, Owner, Complete Genius!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Ashley Westwood
  • My Seat: K4

This Is bullshit, my mate who has lived in Bahrain for a long time rather safely is saying its no that bad, it's being blown out of proportion once again. I was I've there not long after it kicked off last time and it was fine.

Last time they were all where the protests were smoking sheeshas and having hair cuts, it was more like a festival.
And the coppers that got killed and it was all over the news pulled 2 men from the crowd and were attempting to beat them to death.

Me personally I love Bahrain and I would live there if i could convince the mrs but I can't, I could get work and I've tried to blag but she has non of it lol

I don't see why they'd lie about petrol bombs being thrown at the Force India staff, why would they need to? So I don't see how petrol bombs being thrown (putting people's lifes at risk) is not that bad! Maybe not for your friend, but I'm sure he'd feel different if they were aimed or even indirectly thrown towards him.

Also I can't see how anyone can claim they 'were attempting to beat them to death', that would mean you personally know the people's (coppers in this case) motive and aim. Which is very difficult to do so seeing how you would have been told or heard about it from a source that will exaggerate one way or another, as every source does depending on their personal situation.

Anyway, I think it is fairly simple. If the FIA believe that any of the staff or drivers are at risk, then the race should not go ahead.

ONLINE   Skyba

Skyba
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: gabby, yorke, mcgrath, mellberg, bosnich

I don't see why they'd lie about petrol bombs being thrown at the Force India staff, why would they need to? So I don't see how petrol bombs being thrown (putting people's lifes at risk) is not that bad! Maybe not for your friend, but I'm sure he'd feel different if they were aimed or even indirectly thrown towards him.

Also I can't see how anyone can claim they 'were attempting to beat them to death', that would mean you personally know the people's (coppers in this case) motive and aim. Which is very difficult to do so seeing how you would have been told or heard about it from a source that will exaggerate one way or another, as every source does depending on their personal situation.

Anyway, I think it is fairly simple. If the FIA believe that any of the staff or drivers are at risk, then the race should not go ahead.

You just have to know people who live there and watch the Arabic news who can actually get coverage. The British press aren't telli the entire story and that's a fact.

I'm not saying things are great but it's a protest against the rulling family, would you expect the British gp to be cancelled due to a riot in London about our government?

If you look into it there's actually been people trying to take the British press to court for biased coverage from the last time and this isn't just bahraini's it's also British bussiness owners in Bahrain who have seen their profits drop due to exaduration of what's been going on.

Also I was in Bahrain not log after the trouble and they were still at the pearl roundabout and I drove past and was greater with smiles and a party atmosphere, ed (my mate) has 2 kids in he and his wife would be out of there to Dubai or Oman if they felt any danger towards their family and they've stayed put and the last time they even drove past the pearl and saw the same as i did and were treated with smiles and waves.

If you notice when this trouble happens its usually the same story that circates over and over for days and it get exadurated.

And like you said if they felt people were in danger I shouldnt go ahead but the fact of the matter is they're not in danger if they have any sense. The track is miles away from where it's all going on at the pearl and the bahraini's have no interest in harming anyone they're protesting against their government and they want democracy harming westerners wouldn't do their cause much good would it.

I'm planning a holiday there after the summer and i wouldn't go anywhere near there I I thought there was any danger.

Anyway back to the gp, I think this one will be a mclaren 1,2 or at least I hope lol. Schumacher and Rosberg will be coming up the rear
Posted Image

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.
Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

ONLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

Scumey down in17th place?? oh f*ck! maybe a podium is all i can hope for and thats a long shot!

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   Karl

Karl
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Again, I'm going for a McLaren 1 and 2. As long as their pits don't f*ck them up as is usually the case!

OFFLINE   Karl

Karl
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Scumey down in17th place?? oh f*ck! maybe a podium is all i can hope for and thats a long shot!

Down to 24th if I'm not mistaken, due to a 5 place grid penalty.

Be good to watch him fight his way through the pack though, and I still expect him in the points at the end.

ONLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

Mclaren f*ck up yet again
Posted Image

ONLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Very much so. They will cost the drivers the championship if they are not careful.

But in the case of Lewis - this has been the problem in 3 of the 4 races so why have they done nothing about it?

Mellberg_Signature.png

ONLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

You could see Lewis shaking his head whilst the problem occurred and even after the race he wanted to slate the guys but had to hold back

Both Button and Hamilton lost out on valuable points today ad the way it is going you just dont feel confident when they pit

Also great race for Kimi, Grosjean and even Di Resta after all the fracas around that team this week
Posted Image

ONLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Very much so - Di Resta gambled on a two stop strategy and it paid off for him.

I felt Kimmi should of took Vettel - just seemed like he held back - a little like sauba Ferrari did a few weeks back on Alonso

Mellberg_Signature.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F1, Formula 1, 2012, McLaren, Red Bull, Hamilton, Button, Vettel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users