Photo

Aston Villa 0 Man City 1

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Raymond

Raymond
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Whoa!! i never said we would win!! lolol i just think this season luck has deserted us a little!

Beating Citeh is another animal!

I said it in the Newcastle match. We have been the unluckiest team in the EPL this year. Not even in games we should have won, but the type of goals we have given up.

This wont come down to luck though. 3-1 City.
Off to VillaTalk. If you want Skyba free chatting, join me.

OFFLINE   villa man91

villa man91
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: , darren bent,

All this luck business is tosh you make your own luck in life and football we dont just have the right attitude in making any of our own these days

My head says 4-5 nill to city but my heart says we can get a point on the day

OFFLINE   LaVillain

LaVillain
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: anyone who is commited to the Villa
  • My Seat: holte end

I said it in the Newcastle match. We have been the unluckiest team in the EPL this year. Not even in games we should have won, but the type of goals we have given up.

This wont come down to luck though. 3-1 City.

Ray...luck doesn't come into it...The fact is we are very, very poor.....We are the only team in the PL not to score from a corner.....We have also conceded more goals from corners than any other PL team...thats nothing to do with luck...Its all to do with p*ss poor defending and lack of ideas at set pieces.
Also when it comes to scoring...Bent has missed more chances than you can shake a stick at, the one's he has scored make him look good, I bet Rooney, Drogbia or even Owen would have buried 2 of the 3 Bent missed against Newcastle.....Keane has played 3 games and netted 3 times...If Keane hadn't scored against Wolves we would have lost and if he'd not netted against Newcastle our goals against would be even worse than it is ..Luck is not a major factor...poor defending and poor finishing is the major factor.

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

OFFLINE   Raymond

Raymond
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Ray...luck doesn't come into it...The fact is we are very, very poor.....We are the only team in the PL not to score from a corner.....We have also conceded more goals from corners than any other PL team...thats nothing to do with luck...Its all to do with p*ss poor defending and lack of ideas at set pieces.
Also when it comes to scoring...Bent has missed more chances than you can shake a stick at, the one's he has scored make him look good, I bet Rooney, Drogbia or even Owen would have buried 2 of the 3 Bent missed against Newcastle.....Keane has played 3 games and netted 3 times...If Keane hadn't scored against Wolves we would have lost and if he'd not netted against Newcastle our goals against would be even worse than it is ..Luck is not a major factor...poor defending and poor finishing is the major factor.

Well that is just not true. The Dunne goal against Arsenal was from a corner.

Anyway. My point is that some of the goals that have been scored, especially recently, have been tipped or deflected balls that happened to fall to the other team instead of us. The first Newcastle goal is case in point. Then, on the other end, Krul gets to a loose ball just before Heskey can get a foot on it to bang it home. These are just two examples from the last game, but I have seen it all year.

You cannot argue that we have been poor defensively, but you also have to acknowledge that we have been a little unlucky as well.

OFFLINE   LaVillain

LaVillain
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Well that is just not true. The Dunne goal against Arsenal was from a corner.

Anyway. My point is that some of the goals that have been scored, especially recently, have been tipped or deflected balls that happened to fall to the other team instead of us. The first Newcastle goal is case in point. Then, on the other end, Krul gets to a loose ball just before Heskey can get a foot on it to bang it home. These are just two examples from the last game, but I have seen it all year.

You cannot argue that we have been poor defensively, but you also have to acknowledge that we have been a little unlucky as well.

I wasn't arguing that we are poor defensivley...thats a known fact. Yes we've been unlucky, but also we've been poor and I think that the latter outweighs the former.

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

ONLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

I dont seem to recall us having any luck at all this season, like a dodgy pen, goal or a harsh sending off for the opponent, Man UTD and Sunderland on the other hand get it week in week out.

We have been poor but every team needs some luck
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Raymond

Raymond
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

I wasn't arguing that we are poor defensivley...thats a known fact. Yes we've been unlucky, but also we've been poor and I think that the latter outweighs the former.

I was saying you cant argue with the idea that we have been poor defensively. I worded that poorly.

I dont seem to recall us having any luck at all this season, like a dodgy pen, goal or a harsh sending off for the opponent, Man UTD and Sunderland on the other hand get it week in week out.

We have been poor but every team needs some luck

My point exactly.

ONLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

Gabby, Albrighton and Collins all fit for this game according to Sky Sports, 2 of those players i would welcome back with open arms, Collins on the other hand is just keeping Clark out of his rightful position!

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte - K4

TBH I wouldnt mind seeing Dunne dropped if Collins is going to come back in. Dunne has been p*ss poor the last couple of games - Saying that Cuellar wasnt the best Vrs Newcastle either.

Can see Lichaj starting left back. He played the 2nd half there in the reserves win over Fulham.

Starting XI (My prediction)

GIVEN

LICHAJ ----- DUNNE ----- COLLINS ----- HUTTON

-- PETROV ----- GARDNER --

NZOGBIA ----- KEANE ----- AGBONLAHOR

BENT

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

OFFLINE   lukedaw

lukedaw
  • the legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Agbonlahor

TBH I wouldnt mind seeing Dunne dropped if Collins is going to come back in. Dunne has been p*ss poor the last couple of games - Saying that Cuellar wasnt the best Vrs Newcastle either.

Can see Lichaj starting left back. He played the 2nd half there in the reserves win over Fulham.

GIVEN

BENT

Good team would like, Albrighton to come in and hope Collins does not play.
Get well soon Petrov

OFFLINE   Peever

Peever
  • Peasant !
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Carew

GIVEN

BENT

Good line up Stu, my only concern would be Collins. Might be due a good game getting back from injury so we shall see. Also wouldnt mind Clark in for Hutton...

Can see Hutton getting a red here if city is pressuring down his side

Peevfest_zps6c6cc32b.png

meetmember.png          member.png

OFFLINE   LaVillain

LaVillain
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Thing is, AM is set in his ways and has his favorites. He's not going to drop Warnock or Hutton, he's going to bring Collins back into the squad, after last weekends outbursts, he'll bring in Gabby for Ireland and Gardner for N'Zogbia... Leicha will be in the squad as will Heskey,and Stevens (who AM ranted about) may, just may make the bench... from there on in it will be SNAFU.....

ONLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

this game is worrying me if i am to be honest, the protest before hand, then the result and fans reaction if we play badly, and the post match demo in the stands that is sure to happen!

Usually i look forward to all games but at this point in time i am not looking forward to going on Sunday...now thats the saddest part of it all!

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

OFFLINE   irish_villain

irish_villain
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Ireland has to play

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

OFFLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte - K4

Good line up Stu, my only concern would be Collins. Might be due a good game getting back from injury so we shall see. Also wouldnt mind Clark in for Hutton...

Can see Hutton getting a red here if city is pressuring down his side

If kightly slaughtered Clark at left back - I think it would be a doddle for whoever Man City try against him..

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match chat here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users