Photo

Bristol Rovers 1 Aston Villa 3

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   boldfinger

boldfinger
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Petrov has been the best player this season, but we should be able to roll these while giving him a rest.....
gary gardner?
You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

OFFLINE   dorset lion

dorset lion
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: brian little
  • My Seat: upper holte

Petrov has been the best player this season, but we should be able to roll these while giving him a rest.....
gary gardner?

agreed, petrov was a major doubt for swansea so give him a weekend off.

OFFLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mellberg, Maldini, Kaka
  • My Seat: Holte End

Petrov was very poor against Swansea and truthfully he has a good game now and again but there is a reason why we cant pass the ball around like Swansea do and its because Petrov cant do that. He needs replacing in the team as soon as possible. You all love Petrov because he seems like Mr Aston Villa atm but when we actually sign a decent CM you will see how poor a player he actually is. A good game now and again hasnt made him brilliiant.

Against Bristol we should blood a few kids, not too many just a few maybe Gardner should take Petrovs place
Posted Image

OFFLINE   dorset lion

dorset lion
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: brian little
  • My Seat: upper holte

Petrov was very poor against Swansea and truthfully he has a good game now and again but there is a reason why we cant pass the ball around like Swansea do and its because Petrov cant do that. He needs replacing in the team as soon as possible. You all love Petrov because he seems like Mr Aston Villa atm but when we actually sign a decent CM you will see how poor a player he actually is. A good game now and again hasnt made him brilliiant.

Against Bristol we should blood a few kids, not too many just a few maybe Gardner should take Petrovs place

to a certain extent i agree but credit where it's due, stan has stepped up this season.

OFFLINE   boldfinger

boldfinger
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

I have never been a big fan of Petrov's but your assesment of him is very harsh, he has this season and for some of last been the only person who is willing to put his foot on the ball to look for a pass and he always tries to make himself available to recieve the ball when most players have been treating it like a hot potato.
Without him in there for some of the games we would be in a worse position than we are now.

OFFLINE   Fowlersrs

Fowlersrs
  • Reserve Team
  • PipPipPip

Can't believe people still slate petrov, he's a true servant to thus club and id almost go as far as saying he's creeping into Barry territory. He might not be the best cm in the world but he gives 100% every game. Top captain and role model! I hope he starts the game but if we cruise it then bring in Gardner!!Y

OFFLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

I have said Petrov has been poor before Foreva came on board to that fact although when he has played well i give him credit but to be our captain he needs to playing well week in week out. He needs to set the standard but unfortunately he only performs now and again. We do need to move on and soon, he is also on high wages and there are many better players out there we should be targetting
Posted Image

OFFLINE   holte ender#

holte ender#
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Ronaldinho

Lichaj for Hutton (Cuellar presumably injured), Clark for Collins, Stevens for Warnock (could be a sub later on), Gardner for Petrov, Ireland in again for confidence.

Can't see too many changes in case we lose it, then he'll be even more in the dung!

Posted Image

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

OFFLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Lichaj for Hutton (Cuellar presumably injured), Clark for Collins, Stevens for Warnock (could be a sub later on), Gardner for Petrov, Ireland in again for confidence.

Can't see too many changes in case we lose it, then he'll be even more in the dung!

Lichaj has just returned from a hip injury and has just started training so dont think he will be involved just yet but would put him ahead of Hutton
Posted Image

OFFLINE   cnut86

cnut86
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: marc albrighton
  • My Seat: trinity

Lichaj has just returned from a hip injury and has just started training so dont think he will be involved just yet but would put him ahead of Hutton

would put the bird in peevers pic ahead of hutton!!

OFFLINE   Fowlersrs

Fowlersrs
  • Reserve Team
  • PipPipPip

Ends Stevens must start this game, anythings better than the warnock!!!

OFFLINE   ak47deol

ak47deol
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Ends Stevens must start this game, anythings better than the warnock!!!

How are you going to throw him in straight away? Warnock is a good player who was undone by pace and a lack of help from the not so hard working N'Zogbia
I expect Warnock to play and come back well
Posted Image

OFFLINE   boldfinger

boldfinger
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

How are you going to throw him in straight away? Warnock is a good player who was undone by pace and a lack of help from the not so hard working N'Zogbia
I expect Warnock to play and come back well

with your comments both about petrov and warnock tonight, do you actually watch or go to villa games??? or are you a trialist for a spot on a talk sport wind up radio show?

OFFLINE   cnut86

cnut86
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: marc albrighton
  • My Seat: trinity

with your comments both about petrov and warnock tonight, do you actually watch or go to villa games??? or are you a trialist for a spot on a talk sport wind up radio show?

i won't have you criticising ak,he knew where the brothel was in west brom,top guy in my book,what a pal. :thumbup:

OFFLINE   boldfinger

boldfinger
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

i won't have you criticising ak,he knew where the brothel was in west brom,top guy in my book,what a pal. :thumbup:

not criticising dude, just asking a question. Every villa fan i speak to agrees Petrov has been mr reliable and warnock has been poor almost every game both with the ball and his defensive positioning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match chat here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users