OFFLINE   Peever

Peever
  • Peasant !
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Carew

BarryBannan.jpg

Barry Bannan

View Player Profile

Discuss Barry Bannan's Aston Villa career here.

Peevfest_zps6c6cc32b.png

meetmember.png          member.png

OFFLINE   Peever

Peever
  • Peasant !
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Carew

Video isnt in English but it the goal scored agaisnt Rapid Vienna by Barry!

Peevfest_zps6c6cc32b.png

meetmember.png          member.png

OFFLINE   Apollo

Apollo
  • The Master Of Disaster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Laursen

Brazil have called striker Leandro Damiao into their squad to face Scotland in a friendly at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday amid doubts regarding the fitness of Alexandre Pato and Nilmar.

AC Milan striker Pato has a sprained ankle, while Villarreal forward Nilmar has a muscle problem and both are being assessed by the team doctor.

The pair are still due to report with the squad on Thursday in London, but Internacional's Leandro Damiao, 21, has been drafted in as cover.

Meanwhile, 21-year-old Barry Bannan admits he has not stopped dreaming about the prospect of facing Brazil since the moment Scotland's friendly was confirmed.

The glamorous fixture was rubber-stamped by the Scottish Football Association in February and it will be Scotland's first meeting with Brazil since the World Cup opener in 1998.

Little niggle
Aston Villa midfielder Bannan, who is currently on loan at Leeds, said: "I had an injury on Friday, a little niggle, and my dad didn't know whether he wanted me to play on Saturday and save myself for the game against Brazil.

"As soon as the Brazil game was announced I was hoping I'd be in the squad and hopefully on the pitch and even start.

"I've been thinking about it since it was announced so I'm looking forward to it. Everyone is going to be up for the game.

"As soon as the fixture was announced I think everyone just couldn't wait for it to come around. Now that it's come around everyone is looking forward to it."

Source:Sky Sports

OFFLINE   Apollo

Apollo
  • The Master Of Disaster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Laursen

Hopefully he gets to play will be valuable experience for him.

OFFLINE   avstu™

avstu™
  • Founder & Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Paul McGrath
  • My Seat: Upper Holte - K4

Named in the starting line up for Scotland tonight.

Playing on the left in a midfield four.

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

OFFLINE   phill79.

phill79.
  • Reserve Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Mcgrath, Laursen, Cowans, Best & Messi
Just flicked over to the Scotland game as it's half time for England.
Just catching the last 10 of their first half and Bannan has been brilliant. Great touch and delivery pin point. Seen him set up about 4 shooting opportunities already.
Only Lithuania but he's looking a real talent.

OFFLINE   Loyalvillan

Loyalvillan
  • Peasant!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Given & Gabby
  • My Seat: Upper Holte K4

Man of the match for Young Bannan!! he has almost banished my fears about his size and strength!! He could become the next big thing for us!! lets sign him to a 10 yr contract now!

staff.gif

These are my final notes as captain of this great club, my final notes as a footballer.

Aston Villa will always remain in my heart. - Stilyian Petrov 11/05/13

ONLINE   Dimitri

Dimitri
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Henrik Larsson & Stan Petrov

maybe will put in a wee cheeky bid he's a good tim so hel come in a heartbeat lol i never seen the scotland game but guys at my work were saying he had a good game aswell

Posted Image

Posted Image

ONLINE   Larry-AV

Larry-AV
  • Rangers Shareholder & Member (one of many)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Praise from the Captain

Telegraph - Darren Fletcher hails impact of Scotland's 'cheeky chappy' Barry Bannan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/scotland/8748204/Darren-Fletcher-hails-impact-of-Scotlands-cheeky-chappy-Bar ry-Bannan.html
AVFC RFC SAFC

OFFLINE   Maca-AVFC

Maca-AVFC
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Delph
  • My Seat: K4 seat 103

Just been on the twitter and a couple of fans are having a write old moan about Barry trying killer balls but this is the way he plays Barry i think Barry is to good for us he would slot perfectley into arsenal.
If bannan didint play that terrific ball into gabby which safely went out for a throw who else in villa gona play that ball everyone moans about him not playing simple but bannan is one of the players who want to send villa forward and he's onley young.
I guess I'm trying to say get off his back and get behind him becaus we need to

ONLINE   Sacro

Sacro
  • Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav Player: Heskey

Just been on the twitter and a couple of fans are having a write old moan about Barry trying killer balls but this is the way he plays Barry i think Barry is to good for us he would slot perfectley into arsenal.
If bannan didint play that terrific ball into gabby which safely went out for a throw who else in villa gona play that ball everyone moans about him not playing simple but bannan is one of the players who want to send villa forward and he's onley young.
I guess I'm trying to say get off his back and get behind him becaus we need to

I agree, he tries to read players runs and he's just getting used to the senior squad. If we can put players around him who can play off his style I.e Samir Carruthers and Daniel Johnson then we'll start to see some great attacking play. I think many fans are so used to the big hoof every time a Villa player touches the ball that they'll slam a young player for attempting the more difficult accurate long pass rather than praise him for it.

Put some like-minded players around him, as we have seen with Ireland, and we'll get some much better attacking play. He's part of our bright future I'm certain of it.

OFFLINE   Sejong

Sejong
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

Whenever we manage to make 5 succesful passes in a row, he and Ireland are ALWAYS involved.
How many hollywood passes did he try against Stoke? About 3? One of them was probably our clearest goal chance.
Who cares if he misses a few of them.

OFFLINE   Maca-AVFC

Maca-AVFC
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

he is the onley one who trys hollywood ball

OFFLINE   Sejong

Sejong
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

And he and Ireland are the only ones who create goal chances out of nothing. I want both of their asses on the pitch, every game.

OFFLINE   Maca-AVFC

Maca-AVFC
  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPip

And he and Ireland are the only ones who create goal chances out of nothing. I want both of their asses on the pitch, every game.

agree with you there

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Barry Bannan, Scotland, Aston Villa, Midfielder, Player Profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users