Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. SPL (SPFL1), Sunday 20/09/2020 : Hibernian v Rangers, KO 12:00 hours, SKY. 18/09/2020 : The Opposition have the chance to go top on Saturday by GD and/or goals scored. We must ensure their tenure is brief and in so doing, boost our GD and goals scored figures too ! SPL matches, 19-20/09/2020 : Saturday 19th September Celtic 15:00 Livingston Dundee United 15:00 St Mirren Kilmarnock 15:00 Hamilton Academical St Johnstone 15:00 Ross County Sunday 20th September Aberdeen 15:00 Motherwell Hibernian 12:00 Rangers - SKY
  3. 17/09/2020 : The League Cup 4th Round Draw was made today, giving AVFC a Home fixture if we win at Bristol City next week. Second Round : Burton Albion 1-3 Aston Villa Third Round : Bristol City v Aston Villa Fourth Round : Bristol City or Aston Villa v Stoke City or Gillingham League Cup Third Round matches, to be played in the week commencing September 21st. Bristol City v Aston Villa Chelsea v Barnsley Fleetwood Town v Everton Fulham v Sheffield Wednesday Leicester City v Arsenal Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur Lincoln City v Liverpool Luton Town v Manchester United Manchester City v Bournemouth Millwall v Burnley Morecambe v Newcastle United Newport County v Watford Preston North End v Brighton and Hove Albion Stoke City v Gillingham West Bromwich Albion v Brentford West Ham United v Hull City League Cup Fourth Round Draw (alpha sorted) Round four games to be played in the week commencing September 28th. Bristol City or Aston Villa v Stoke City or Gillingham Fleetwood Town or Everton v West Ham United or Hull City Leyton Orient or Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea or Barnsley Lincoln City or Liverpool v Leicester City or Arsenal Millwall or Burnley v Manchester City or Bournemouth Newport County or Watford v Morecambe or Newcastle United Preston North End or Brighton and Hove Albion v Luton Town or Manchester United West Bromwich Albion or Brentford v Fulham or Sheffield Wednesday
  4. Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round Thursday, 17/09/2020 : Lincoln Red Imps (Gib) 0-5 Rangers That was a comprehensive victory in what had all the atmosphere of a training match. The goals came from Tavernier, Goldson, Morelos, Defoe and finally Morelos again. The game and result far exceeded the quality of the video, which was like watching an illegal stream. It had blocking, smearing, false colouring, buffering interrupts both video and audio, all capped by a blue screen blackout just as Defoe scored our 4th goal ... RTV must do better ! I had purchased this match earlier today but every link from Rangers led me to the purchase page instead of the video. It was only when I clicked on the faded out Lincoln Red Imps v Rangers match that the video opened and played, with the game 2 minutes old. Today's match was listed under Rangers v Ross County - which was marked as 'Purchased' ! Our next tie will also be on RTV ... away to Willem II ... after their victory yesterday. 16/09/2020 : Europa Lge 2nd QR : Progres Niederkorn (Lux) 0-5 Willem II (NED)
  5. There comes a point when you have to stand firm and try and progress as a club and keep your best players, delighted with the ambition shown by the club. We must make some progress this season and not got involved in any relegation battle, really excited for the season to kick off. Everything is here for us as a club to go on and progress
  6. Last week
  7. 16/09/2020 : The 4 year deal for goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez has been done today.
  8. Scott Hogan has signed for Birmingham, undisclosed fee, 4 year contract.
  9. It's crossed my mind but I think we'll be ok, in fact if the post lockdown improvement was a sign of players getting use to each other and this league and Watkins can step up we could well be this seasons surprise package.
  10. Podcast for kids: 6-10 year old Hi There is a new podcast available for very young Villa fans (aged 6-10), hosted by Zahi (aged 8). The podcast is now on Episode 4, ad is available on Youtube, Spotify and Apple Podcasts. For any parents, carers and older siblings who have young Villa fans that may be interested, the links are below. Episode 4 - TRANSFER SPECIAL - was released last night. It starred special guest, Tom Julian from the Villa View, where Tom and Zahi discussed Grealish, Martinez, Marty Cash, Rashica, Traoré and Ollie Watkins - with a kid-friendly intro into stats like Save Ratios & Expected Goals. Previous episodes included guests: Neil (LoveMcGrathPod), James Rushton and Mark Jirobe from Under A Gaslit Lamp. Special thanks to all of these guys. Enjoy Youtube: https://youtu.be/1G0jvKvC1CU Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/show/2KWJMa4ntmm2ie0ixjCva0 Apple Podcasts:https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/villakids-podcast/id1528617656
  11. Game 01, Week 01: Aston Villa v Sheffield United - 21.09.20 16/09/2020 : EPL (Premier League), Monday 21/09/2020, KO 18:00 hours. Predictions for Game 01, Wk01 : Aston Villa v Sheffield United Please make your predictions below.
  12. It is all well said and done. We have been there before with a certain American! I get that. We just have to make the right changes at the right times. Relegation can not even cross our mind this season IMO.
  13. What are the limits for Aston Villa ? With our history, fanbase and geographical location ( huge city within a shortish drive for at least half the UK population ) I don't see any. FFP prevents us doing it overnight like Chelsea or City but it can be done, the cartel at the top isn't as impenetrable as it once was.
  14. 15/09/2020 : This day cannot pass without comment, it being the 80th Anniversary of Battle of Britain Day. I said in my post about VE Day that we held the line for Liberty ... the 'we' is true for us as a Nation, but it was they, the Few, backed up by the many support staff, who actually held that line. We today are forever in their debt.
  15. It should be nothing less than restoring AVFC to its No:1 position in English football. If that is not the ambition then it will not be good enough.
  16. Some statement although I never felt we would lose him the second we secured our Premier League status. No clubs in this country seem to be splashing too much apart from Chelsea. I would love to know about this 'ambition' Jack speaks about from the owners.
  17. We looked rusty but some positives to take from the game. Jack grew into the game and I love the movement of Watkins. Was a decent run out and the match fitness would have done us the world of good.
  18. Football League Cup Round Two (North), Tuesday 15/09/2020 : Burton Albion 1-3 Aston Villa Banana skin avoided, goals from Watkins, Grealish (a belter!) and Davis took AVFC from 0-1 down to 3-1 up. Our Third Round opponents play tomorrow, I will update their score in this post. Update 16/09/2020 : FLC Round Two (South) : Bristol City 4-0 Northampton Town
  19. All looking positive for us. 😁
  20. Yes, either as a member of AVillaFan or as a Twitter player, but not both. Each player can only have one online Username.
  21. Reports Traore has passed his medical and will arrive in Birmingham tomorrow (Wednesday). Had work permit hearing today, apparently.
  22. Hello, Is the Prediction League Open for everyone?
  23. It is good news, there was always the possibility of a late bid which would have left us right up a certain creek. Now lets hope the owners continue to show ambition.
  24. Jack Signs New Contract Jack Grealish has signed a new 5 year contract. Excellent news.
  25. Looking forward to watching this tonight.
  26. 15/09/2020 : The AVF Prediction League for Season 2020-2021 will start from Monday 21st September with our EPL game, Aston Villa v Sheffield United. I was not sure if we were going to run the PL this Season as Stu had issued a tweet on September 5th inviting participation in the Super 6 competition on SKY and had retweeted this on September 11th too. However, Stu sent me a PM yesterday asking if I was prepared to run the PL for 2020-2021, so we will go again but as I said, from September 21st, which means our League Cup match at Burton Albion today will not be covered. As before the AVF Prediction League will only cover Aston Villa matches but in all competitions, EPL, FA Cup and if we win today, the League Cup too. I have informed our Twitter players on #AVLPL of the resumption of the Prediction League from September 21st.
  1. Load more activity