Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Quite some achievement, when you consider the mid-table quagmire we got ourselves into not so long ago. Now the real work starts, see it through and get back to the PL.
  3. Today
  4. Nearly there....and wee Barry Bannan has just scored against Bristol to potentially make things even better. UTV
  5. EFL1 (Championship), Monday 22/04/2019 : Aston Villa 1-0 Millwall This 1-0 win today has provided an apt and memorable scoreline as AVFC achieve the record breaking 10 consecutive League wins. Very well done to all involved. This win has all but consolidated AVFC's play-off place. Only Bristol City could match our 75 points, but their GD is way inferior to ours, +9 and +22 respectively. Per the SSN Live Commentary the attempts (including goals) were 6-8 & 8-2 = 14-10 to AVFC. Attendance : 39,839 (SSN) After this result AVFC's total Form Points rose from 77 to 78 ... that is, points after 46 games. The maximum available remains 81 points, with 6 points left to play for. AVFC stay above par and are 5th in the table, with 75 points and GD at +22 from 44 games. We also avoided conceding the double to Millwall, honours even. Oct 06 SAT A 12 Millwall 1-2 L Apr 22 Mon H 44 Millwall 1-0 W Doubles, for and against, showing AVFC's points gained. Birmingham 6 - achieved Bolton Wndrs 6 - achieved Derby County 6 - achieved Hull City 4 - failed Middlesbro 6 - achieved Rotherham 6 - achieved Swansea 6 - achieved Wigan Ath 3 - failed ... big time !!! Leeds Utd 0 Millwall 3 - avoided Norwich C 0 Q P Rangers 1 - avoided Sheff Utd 1 - avoided Sheff Wed 3 - avoided
  6. Superb. Wheres Roy Castle when you want him?
  7. I read that article didn't make sense. But this is a business where players demand and get £500,000 a week wages and still moan, so who knows.
  8. Late with this, overslept ! EFL1 (Championship), Monday 22/04/2019 : Aston Villa 1-0 Millwall Thread Locked.
  9. Its only last week rumours were circulating in some of the national media that the Qatari group who own PSG were looking to buy us....I doubt theirs a connection but its the first thing that entered my mind on reading your post.
  10. I also think it likely that a win today will be enough...I've followed The Villa for too many years, 9 wins in a row is too good to be true. I'll be happier if we make it 10 today, draw the last two and then start a new winning streak.
  11. Wes Edens at the match today, lets hope the players put on a performance (good).
  12. Such a hard one for us. They are a bit of a bogey side for us. We have failed to beat them in three attempts in the Championship.
  13. Players could write their names in the history of Villa, first team to win ten in a row. IMO three points today clinches a play off place.
  14. Prediction (in Prediction League), made today (22/04/2019) : Aston Villa 2-1 Millwall
  15. Last week
  16. 20/04/2019 : Players Only Table for Game 46, Wk43 (Bolton Wanderers). Sorted by Player Name (ascending) within From (ascending) within Played (descending) within Score (descending) within Total (descending). Wk43 shows who played in this round (Y or N); there were 25 active participants out of 223 players this time. There were some duplicated names and in all cases I have scored against the consolidated name instead of the duplicate name. EFL1 (Championship), Friday 19/04/2019 : Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Aston Villa Full table on Twitter, link : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4m0qfQXkAAU4dC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096 : AVF-2018-Gm46-Wk43.png 20/04/2019
  17. SPL (SPFL1), Saturday 20/04/2019 : Heart of Midlothian 1-3 Rangers That was a comfortable enough win, Rangers were totally dominant throughout. Pending the remaining games today, this win puts Rangers 11 points ahead of Kilmarnock (3rd) and 8 points behind Celtic, which means the Opposition cannot clinch the Title tomorrow. Attendance : 18,212 (SSN) SPL matches, 20 & 21/04/2019 : Saturday 20th April Hamilton Academical 1-1 Motherwell Heart of Midlothian 1-3 Rangers Kilmarnock 0-1 Aberdeen - Aberdeen now 3rd, 8 points behind Rangers. Livingston 1-3 St Mirren St Johnstone 2-0 Dundee Sunday 21st April Hibernian 0-0 Celtic
  18. Definitely Leeds over United at the minute. Leeds have picked up some injuries and are dropping points. Having said that all our games are cup finals now. Like you say, one game at a time
  19. I said yesterday that I would rather play Leeds over Sheffield United. As you say - we need to get there first. I prefer this 'one game at a time'
  20. They'd add it to their sh*t version of Allez Allez Allez that's for sure lol. At the minute, given a choice it'd have to be Bristol. But chances are it'll be Leeds or Sheffield United. That's if we get through the semi
  21. I actually think a win here will be enough. With Derby and Bristol playing each other also will help. I can't see Middlesbrough losing to Forest. Forest have been awful since O'Neill took over. He will be sacked as soon as the season is over. As you say though, we concentrate on ourselves and Millwall are fighting for their lives. Recently we have struggled when sides are aggressive and play the long ball (Rotherham and Bolton at times). We need to stay out of it and not get involved. We play our own game and we win with ease.
  22. Same. I wouldn't be anywhere near them in the final. We lost and we would ever hear the end of it.
  23. Would be carnage mate. You'd need 4 times the amount of police as usual, including on the trains. I wouldn't trust facing them in the final as they're lucky bastards
  24. 20/04/2019 : This link may not work, beware too of any redirects and/or download offers. Stream link, KO 12:00 hours : Feed2All - Heart of Midlothian v Rangers
  1. Load more activity