Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yep, we need to keep moving as we are. Would be nice to have all the business done before the friendly games.
  3. Been really impressed by how ruthless we've been with the clear out and paying mccormack off to get him away from the club, superb piece of business. Personally I don't see Elmo, bree, Taylor, bjarni, lansbury or kodjia having a future with us, but remaining more to the fact our squad is a bit on the thin side. Agree we need a lot of additions to fill the squad out, but I love the transfer windows, particularly when Villa are being linked to exciting signings and splashing the cash. Keep the new signings rolling in.
  4. Is there any deadwood left ? a few academy products like Davis and Green who might not be good enough and one or two signings like Bjarnasson who will only feature if we have an injury crisis is about it. 13 players have left if you count the loan players who haven't returned and of the new recruits so far Guilbert, Hause and El Ghazi were already on the payroll. I think we have cleared the decks ready for some major recruitment, I'll be surprised if we don't sign at least another 6 players, and that would still see the squad a fair bit smaller than last years.
  5. Starting to clear out the last of the deadwood. All good.
  6. Agreed. Villa dont seem to be hanging around which is a good thing. The longer you usually wait, the higher the prices.
  7. It will certainly be difficult for all clubs this window now that the transfer window has been shortened.
  8. avstu

Pre-Season 2019

I am so pissed about this. I have a wedding that day. Would have been all over that.
  9. We will have to do a Avillafan meet up again. See if we can get some of the old faces back.
  10. Could we throw in Nyland as part of a job lot ?
  11. Welcome back Kortney. We are being strongly linked with a loan signing of Ampadu from Chelsea, I don't want to be loaning an 18 year old centre back who has never played in the premier league.
  12. Apparently Nantes looking to sign Kalinic. Clearing the way for Butland?
  13. That was certainly the case with the Hause deal taking so long to be confirmed. Hopefully more signings will start arriving.
  14. I think a lot of deals are all depending on holidays. Agents can only do so much without the players.
  15. Season tickets Season tickets are out again. Slight increase as you’d imagine with promotion one notable is that you can purchase tickets in Q1,Q2 & Q3 this is the lower of where the away fans go, surely this is a mistake or is it?
  16. Now announce Mings and surprise us With Axel. Then a winger, a cdm or two and a left back and we're pretty much sorted? We're said to be revisiting the Tammy situation towards the end of the window. Would be nice to get him in as well
  17. Aston Villa have taken up the option to permanently transfer Kortney Hause from Wolverhampton Wanderers. The 23-year-old, who has represented England at Under-20 and Under-21 level, becomes the club’s third signing since winning promotion to the Premier League.
  18. Last week
  19. Dan Bardell and a few others around
  20. Where did you hear that?
  21. Apparently Butland is a done deal??
  22. i doubt mings will be able to stay with us, he played to well last year, unless we pay through the nose price for him, so we need cover for him, he is going to take some replacing for the money we can spend. but i hope im wrong.
  23. He sure has mate. 14 in a few weeks.
  24. It looks like it could be an alternative to Mings. I'm really hoping this is just one of the list of bulls**t rumours that come to nothing, and that we are getting Mings after all.
  25. Anty

Transfer rumours

As AXel wont return, need a partner for Mings
  26. I'm wondering if Dunk is an alternative to Mings?? I hope not, Mings was a colossus for us
  27. Maybe it is because we have been out of the lunatic asylum for three seasons, In the last three years transfer fees have gone mental, and other premier league club fans don't bat an eyelid at those kind of prices any more. It has become the norm for them. I hope Villa don't think they need to lose all common sense in order to catch up.
  1. Load more activity