FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Relegation- Are We Staying Up

ak47deol

I can't think of a better one,, I have booked we'd, thurs ,Friday off work if wigan win,, at work if they don't My MD understands. Lol

Nice mate.

I have a bottle of champers that hopefully I will be popping Tuesday night therefore I will be late to work Wednesday morning. Lol.

You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw something in today's performance that gave me some hope of staying up ,,

Love it!!!!! Supporting Villa isn't good for my health!!!! Or my marriage Bank balance Car Self respect :-)

listenining to the post match interview----i do,nt envisage much, if any experience being brought in,-- Lambo said Villa have skimmed relegation the last 2 seasons with experience,---and he is right,!

I think it's good that Spurs won, that puts the pressure on Arsenal Tuesday. They need a win against Wigan to control their CL fate. Anything else and Spurs are in control for the last CL spot.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

First Post! Hello everyone!

I wouldn't want to be Wigan having won the FA cup and still having to play 2 more matches in the same week. I think we have an advantage that Arsenal will still be chasing a CL place, will be rested (as will we) and that Wigan need to win. Although they nailed Man City, I think Wigan will be overconfident as they will think they are giant slayers, given they have just won a major trophy. However, on the other hand, Arsenal would be wise to look at the Man City match and learn from it not to underestimate Wigan.

If it does go to the last match with Wigan and us, then it will be nailbiting and terrifying and, in all fairness, if we fluff it and lose we will deserve to go down. It will be a sad day for the club but not the end of the world as increasingly the Prem, imho is an ill matched league with the divide between the super clubs and the smaller clubs (by smaller I mean clubs that are not not Manucityarseskipurs) meaning that the league seems to be all about 4 or 5 teams. Dont want Villa to go down but if we do, it will be our doing, not any of the clubs around us. If we stay (and I am confident we might) we need to take a long hard look at this season as 'good enough to stay up' is not something that we should aspire to. We need to sort the defence, stop relying on one man to score for us (as much as I love Benteke) and really reorganise how we approach the game. Luckily our squad has moments of sheer brilliance and I do think it is unfair we are where we are as in previous seasons we would have been safe.

But, it aint over till the fat lady sings and lets hope they are in good voice on Tues. Lets hope Wigan lose or draw so that next weekend can just be a good p*** up.

Lets remain positive and if we do go down, lets make next season a great one too. But it aint over yet!!

UTV!!!

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

Hi Wince welcome good to have you onboard---good post man,

its typical that the 2 clubs who have a comparable GD with us won yesterday and can be deemed "safe"---just knew Delia,s team would smash the baggies!!,and Arry,s mercenaries dont give a monkey,s,

it really is in our hands --go to Wigan beat em and it eliminates all the --if,s, buts, also rans, what if, and if only,s-- it wont blinking matter what happens tomorrow or anywhere else on sunday,!!

saying that i really really hope the Gunners beat Wigan!

i would really hate it if GD was to be the deciding factor,

Come On You Villa Boyzz----one last rally round that Claret and Blue flag!!!---do us proud just once more this season!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

First Post! Hello everyone!

I wouldn't want to be Wigan having won the FA cup and still having to play 2 more matches in the same week. I think we have an advantage that Arsenal will still be chasing a CL place, will be rested (as will we) and that Wigan need to win. Although they nailed Man City, I think Wigan will be overconfident as they will think they are giant slayers, given they have just won a major trophy. However, on the other hand, Arsenal would be wise to look at the Man City match and learn from it not to underestimate Wigan.

If it does go to the last match with Wigan and us, then it will be nailbiting and terrifying and, in all fairness, if we fluff it and lose we will deserve to go down. It will be a sad day for the club but not the end of the world as increasingly the Prem, imho is an ill matched league with the divide between the super clubs and the smaller clubs (by smaller I mean clubs that are not not Manucityarseskipurs) meaning that the league seems to be all about 4 or 5 teams. Dont want Villa to go down but if we do, it will be our doing, not any of the clubs around us. If we stay (and I am confident we might) we need to take a long hard look at this season as 'good enough to stay up' is not something that we should aspire to. We need to sort the defence, stop relying on one man to score for us (as much as I love Benteke) and really reorganise how we approach the game. Luckily our squad has moments of sheer brilliance and I do think it is unfair we are where we are as in previous seasons we would have been safe.

Hi Wince,

much as i agree with most of wht you say i don't think we're over reliant on Benteke. He's just had a really good season. If you look at our scoring stats for this season we have Benteke on 23, and Gabby and Weimann on 12 each, last season our top scorer was Bent with10 goals followed by gabby on 6 and stan on 4. Hell bent has even managed 5 goals this season and he's hardly played.

The way the team is set up up now is to score more goals but from fewer players, so far 12 scorers this season against 17 last season. but thats given us 65 goals while we only got 44 last season.

If we can hang on this weekend and get a new CB and LB maybe a DM too i could see causing a few surprises next season. Possibly a new keeper too, i like Guzan but he makes bad decisions which have cost us too many goals.

Just looking at those stats i'm laughing to myself about Robbie Savages reasons for us struggling against relegation, he couldn't see where the goals would come from. thats not been a problem, the other end of the pitch has been the problem.

Hi Wince,

much as i agree with most of wht you say i don't think we're over reliant on Benteke. He's just had a really good season. If you look at our scoring stats for this season we have Benteke on 23, and Gabby and Weimann on 12 each, last season our top scorer was Bent with10 goals followed by gabby on 6 and stan on 4. Hell bent has even managed 5 goals this season and he's hardly played.

The way the team is set up up now is to score more goals but from fewer players, so far 12 scorers this season against 17 last season. but thats given us 65 goals while we only got 44 last season.

If we can hang on this weekend and get a new CB and LB maybe a DM too i could see causing a few surprises next season. Possibly a new keeper too, i like Guzan but he makes bad decisions which have cost us too many goals.

Just looking at those stats i'm laughing to myself about Robbie Savages reasons for us struggling against relegation, he couldn't see where the goals would come from. thats not been a problem, the other end of the pitch has been the problem.

I guess I am over reliant on 'The Beast' lol! I think with some fine tuning we will be a better team next season and hopefully this year and last will be the last time we face relegation in a good long while.

UTV!

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

Archived