FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Relegation- Are We Staying Up

ak47deol

Here's the EPL table, 9th to 20th, as it stands tonight (6th May).

As at 06/05/2013 :

09 Swansea C.. 35 -1 43 : A Wigan Ath (Tue 7th) : A Man United (12th) : H Fulham (19th)
10 West Ham... 36 -8 43 : A Everton (12th) : H Reading (19th)
11 Stoke City. 36 -10 41 : H Tottenham (12th) : A Southampton (19th)
12 Fulham..... 36 -11 40 : H Liverpool (12th) : A Swansea (19th)
13 Aston Villa 36 -21 40 : H Chelsea (11th) : A Wigan Ath (19th)
14 Southampton 36 -11 39 : A Sunderland (12th) : H Stoke City (19th)
15 Sunderland. 36 -12 38 : H Southampton (12th) : A Tottenham (19th)
16 Norwich C.. 36 -22 38 : H W B Albion (12th) : A Man City (19th)
17 Newcastle.. 36 -23 38 : A Q P Rangers (12th) : H Arsenal (19th)
18 Wigan Ath.. 35 -22 35 : H Swansea (Tue 7th) : A Arsenal (Tue 14th) : H Aston Villa (19th)
19 Reading.... 36 -26 28 : H Man City (12th) : A West Ham (19th)
20 Q P Rangers 36 -28 25 : H Newcastle (12th) : A Liverpool (19th)

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw something in today's performance that gave me some hope of staying up ,,

Love it!!!!! Supporting Villa isn't good for my health!!!! Or my marriage Bank balance Car Self respect :-)

listenining to the post match interview----i do,nt envisage much, if any experience being brought in,-- Lambo said Villa have skimmed relegation the last 2 seasons with experience,---and he is right,!

Even though relegation is still possible, I just think that the number of variables that would have to go against us is unlikely.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Roll on when this thread is locked .

We're not going own ffs !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

A draw is ok, but i'd rather they lost. With the 2 games we have left any team below us picking up points is a bad thing. We will almost certainly have to get something from the next 2 games or this will come down to goal difference, and although ours is slightly better than a couple of teams it won't be if we lose our last two games.

If wigan win tonight any of those 5 teams below us could go past us on saturday with a 1-0 win.

No one can call this at the moment and to believe we are safe is premature, at least until this weekend's fixtures have been played out.

For me, it all hinges on Norwich vs Baggies, Sunderland vs Southampton and Newcastle vs QPR.

I am a little worried regarding Norwich as Baggies are showing signs of letting off the gas given their position in the league and, this is Norwich's last realistic chance of picking up a win at home before going to the Etihad. Hoping Baggies do us a neighbourly favour but not holding my hopes up there!

Sunderland and Saints is most vital fixture for me. A loss for either and they are right in trouble. Personally Im hoping for a Saints win because if they draw they go above us anyhow, and Sunderland will have to travel to Spurs needing a win.

I do not believe Newcastle will come away from Loftus Road without anything, hope they don't but it's just a feeling im getting.

Our biggest chance of remaining up is by doing what we need to v Chelsea because 2 of those 3 fixtures are likely to not go the way we would think.

We are very far from safe yet

A draw is ok, but i'd rather they lost. With the 2 games we have left any team below us picking up points is a bad thing. We will almost certainly have to get something from the next 2 games or this will come down to goal difference, and although ours is slightly better than a couple of teams it won't be if we lose our last two games.

If wigan win tonight any of those 5 teams below us could go past us on saturday with a 1-0 win.

Wigan would have to beat arsenal at the emirates For that to be a real problem for us, i just don't see that happening. Best they can hope for is to beat Swansea tonight and take it to the last day, lose to Swansea (which I feel could happen) and its all but over for wigans hopes of finishing above us, they may suRvive but not at our expense

Also a hammering at wembley could really knock the wind out of their sails

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

I honestly think we will get something against Chelsea.

I want either Newcastle or Sunderland to go down as the first for this hatred they have for us and the second for Di Canio's gesture to the fans at the CG.

I,ll go with that man, :good:

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Wigan would have to beat arsenal at the emirates For that to be a real problem for us, i just don't see that happening. Best they can hope for is to beat Swansea tonight and take it to the last day, lose to Swansea (which I feel could happen) and its all but over for wigans hopes of finishing above us, they may suRvive but not at our expense

Also a hammering at wembley could really knock the wind out of their sails

We have known Wigan long enough to know that they do not crack under pressure!

Regardless of our result against Chelsea I think if Wigan lose their game in hand we are safe.

They would need to gain 5 pts in 2 games and all of the teams below us would need to pick up at least 3 points, can't see it happening.

Archived