FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Relegation- Are We Staying Up

ak47deol

i thought that was the idea last season if im honest, and then didnt think it could be the worse thing to happen to us.

with the increase in TV money, weakness of our own squad, strengthening of those around us... and the emerging strength in the championship (lets not forget a few of them have wealthy owners now)... i think it would run a very high risk of sending us into a footballing no mans land, ive said before, 'better' teams than ours have fallen and never returned.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw something in today's performance that gave me some hope of staying up ,,

Love it!!!!! Supporting Villa isn't good for my health!!!! Or my marriage Bank balance Car Self respect :-)

listenining to the post match interview----i do,nt envisage much, if any experience being brought in,-- Lambo said Villa have skimmed relegation the last 2 seasons with experience,---and he is right,!

if we do go down we should use fan power to get rid of literally everyone within the heirarchy.

manager and coaches included.

boycott games. whatever if takes because if the ppl at the top think going down is a good idea we simply cannot have them in OUR club!!!!

that cant happen... if we do go down, and we boycott games... theres every chance budgets will get cut even more and we be following the sty dwellers into league one

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Do you almost get a feeling like, we are being groomed to be relegated by our owner, (self destruct) if you will. I think he has some kind of vision of accepting relegation, to reform, win the Championship and come back up as some kind of young, resurgent and economically viable Aston Villa. A philosophy and theory i'm sure many will not agree with, but it seems that way to me. It's 17th January and we haven't bought a soul nor had any serious....serious links to be honest. Worrying to say the least.

Erm sorry to say but the thought has crossed my mind on several occasions !!- all things being considered--and have posted it somewhere---

and if this is the case then i for one sure do not agree with it-----ask Leeds,Pompey,Forest,Coventry,Hull,Blackpool,Bloosers,Boro fans see what they say --for every Newcastle and West Ham there are 3 or 4 former premier clubs treading water in the championship--and beyond!!!--

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Do you almost get a feeling like, we are being groomed to be relegated by our owner, (self destruct) if you will. I think he has some kind of vision of accepting relegation, to reform, win the Championship and come back up as some kind of young, resurgent and economically viable Aston Villa. A philosophy and theory i'm sure many will not agree with, but it seems that way to me. It's 17th January and we haven't bought a soul nor had any serious....serious links to be honest. Worrying to say the least.

Not sure if I would say groomed for relegation, but it does seem like the possibility is being prepared for. I wouldn't call it a self destruct though. Self Destruct is more like what happened to Leeds and what could happen to QPR if they don't stay up this season. If QPR goes down, look at all the high earners they have to get rid of. Thats almost Pompey territory there.

Can't believe we've had zero movement. I know GH made some deadline deals, but I think we had Makoun in by this time. AM already had Robbie Keane, even if it was a short term loan. Keano provided a spark that we needed, and helped carry us for two months. So far we got nothing, and so called ITK's cant even make stuff up for us. That probably the worst part. There aren't even bullshit rumors out there to give us hope.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Well if the lack of signings so far in january and the declaration by lambert that he is happy to go with what he has, though we are looking to make one or two shrewd ( cheap ) signings is anything to go by i can only assume lerner doesn't care if we are relegated.

It is patently obvious that we need players. We've been stuffed 8-0, we've lost to an average 4th division club and two of our relegation rivals have just turned us over at VP, teams walk through our midfield and defence at will and it's going to take more than a couple of shrewd signings to turn this mess around.

Guest Villanation

I don't get the feeling we are being groomed for relegation, I get the feeling the writting is on the wall, I get the feeling that Lerner says no major investment until either Lambert turns things around or he goes.

If what you are saying do you think there is a karma to this like is feels like destiny,............you could be right.

I saw something in today's performance that gave me some hope of staying up ,,
+1 so did I , we will not go down !! Keep the faith, f*ck the board, UTV , VTID !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Archived