FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Truth About The Darren Bent Situation

JustRich

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2239734/Darren-Bent-Paul-Lambert-row--Aston-Villa-misfit-playing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I don't think anybody is any wiser on this situation. It's one part of lamberts persona that is quite infuriating.

Press: Can you see him playing again here?

Paul Lambert: You never know. I'll keep saying it: I'll play a team and squad to win. The game's about winning. I've got 26 guys, some are injured. It's a team game. You need everyone to pull the same way and that's what we will create here.

I think this bit sums it up quite nicely!!

Seriously people need to stop hanging on the fact that bents not playing, he doesn't fit full stop. The manager is making his choice and it seems to be the right one.

I'd say that if bent was on the pitch for the arsenal game it would have made it harder to get a draw and he would have made it harder to get the win last night.

Every player in the team at the moment works hard for each other, Darren bent will not work hard for anyone, that's just his game and it doesn't fit with our style.

If we get relegated, which we won't, then people can complain about lamberts decisions but at the moment we seem to be able to scrap out results when needed and we have a foundation to build on for the future which is exactly what every single one of you was crying out for last season when it looked like we was going nowhere fast under Mctit.

The amount of people who had a to at me for complaining about lerners spending cuts, the amount of people that said we need to cut cost etc and these people Re now moaning because lambert is building a team on a budget and that means not building it around one man.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2239734/Darren-Bent-Paul-Lambert-row--Aston-Villa-misfit-playing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I don't think anybody is any wiser on this situation. It's one part of lamberts persona that is quite infuriating.

Infuriating? I f**cking love it!

He showed the Bent situation as much respect as it deserves and that's very little. A bunch of FM and FIFA playing rag writers who can't let it go. It's clear as day that Bents days are numbered. Some people just need to accept it.

Quite disrespectful of the players at the club who actually won the match, to focus so much attention to a player who quite frankly has done f*ck all this season. I'll be glad when hes gone so everyone can just move on already. It's clear the manager already has.

In PL I trust!

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Infuriating? I f**cking love it!

He showed the Bent situation as much respect as it deserves and that's very little. A bunch of FM and FIFA playing rag writers who can't let it go. It's clear as day that Bents days are numbered. Some people just need to accept it.

Quite disrespectful of the players at the club who actually won the match, to focus so much attention to a player who quite frankly has done f*ck all this season. I'll be glad when hes gone so everyone can just move on already. It's clear the manager already has.

In PL I trust!

+1 far too much attention on a so called star!!! Do these rag writers think they know better than a man who's played at and managed football clubs for his entire life.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Press: Can you see him playing again here?

Paul Lambert: You never know. I'll keep saying it: I'll play a team and squad to win. The game's about winning. I've got 26 guys, some are injured. It's a team game. You need everyone to pull the same way and that's what we will create here.

I think this bit sums it up quite nicely!!

Seriously people need to stop hanging on the fact that bents not playing, he doesn't fit full stop. The manager is making his choice and it seems to be the right one.

I'd say that if bent was on the pitch for the arsenal game it would have made it harder to get a draw and he would have made it harder to get the win last night.

Every player in the team at the moment works hard for each other, Darren bent will not work hard for anyone, that's just his game and it doesn't fit with our style.

If we get relegated, which we won't, then people can complain about lamberts decisions but at the moment we seem to be able to scrap out results when needed and we have a foundation to build on for the future which is exactly what every single one of you was crying out for last season when it looked like we was going nowhere fast under Mctit.

The amount of people who had a to at me for complaining about lerners spending cuts, the amount of people that said we need to cut cost etc and these people Re now moaning because lambert is building a team on a budget and that means not building it around one man.

Here here, I say sell him and use the money to help fund a bit of experience in the midfield and defence, and possibly a young replacement for DB, as he's not being played its hardly risk.

As for your second point I think that is the difference from last season,. The club last season at all levels was like a headless chicken, there seemed to be f*ck all leadership on any level. Now at least there seems to be a sustainable long term plan in place for the club.

Id love Sturridge here, and if that's what's on the cards then its exciting, but I just can't see Sturridge coming here unfortunately

Not a chance in my eyes ,, but hey I have mis laid my glasses , so maybe !

funniest.gif

Archived