Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Ashley Westwood

1 hour ago, ak47deol said:

With Lansbury signed and Hourihane on the way, no way can Westwood stay. 

One of the most useless midfielders to have played for us. Lets hope someone comes in for him this January as surely he will be 7th choice as a CM in the squad

Do we have 7 CM's? Amazes me how people constantly slate him yet we have another midfield who has just signed a new four year deal and in the 10+ years he has been at the club he has made no more that 30 very poor performances for Villa.

1 hour ago, ak47deol said:

With Lansbury signed and Hourihane on the way, no way can Westwood stay. 

One of the most useless midfielders to have played for us. Lets hope someone comes in for him this January as surely he will be 7th choice as a CM in the squad

Like Hutton he tries and does his best,  but at the end of the day , like Hutton he is sh*t. Lock this thread in Larry's notepad now. With lansbury and Hourihane in our squad  we shouldn't have to see this joker again.  

Westwood is not a bad player, just not good enough if we want to move forward. Same as Gardner - not good enough for this division. Loan them out, get them off the wages bill and bring someone else in. Surely Forest would take Gardner back?

8 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

Westwood is not a bad player, just not good enough if we want to move forward. Same as Gardner - not good enough for this division. Loan them out, get them off the wages bill and bring someone else in. Surely Forest would take Gardner back?

Spot on Perth ,It would be great if we could send Gardner on loan to Forest ,,,,Yes its  time to move forward ,  Time to move on from the suffering we have endured since MON left .. We will never get anywhere playing crap  players that Paul Lambert and Alex Mcleish signed

Just shows the lack of depth we have in the squad. SB has a massive job to do, I just hope he is given the time to do it. 

11 hours ago, avstu said:

Do we have 7 CM's? Amazes me how people constantly slate him yet we have another midfield who has just signed a new four year deal and in the 10+ years he has been at the club he has made no more that 30 very poor performances for Villa.

Gardner atleast has a goal to his name, Gardner can put himself aswel although not the best he is better then Westwood.

Amazes me how it has took this long for people to realise how terrible Westwood is when i said this pretty much straight away. Non existent midfield which contained this guy as the main man is the reason we are in the championship

Good luck to him, I have no animosity toward him. Always tried, was just limited as a player.

Wasn't popular I know but i felt he got unfairly treated.

Still see him as a poor mans Carrick if used in the right way. Will do well at Burnley.

Wish him all the best.

Was a big step up from where he came from,  the lad worked hard in every game which was a dam sight more than most did around him the last few years. 

Terrible terrible player, was never good enough, Burnley will soon realise this but no longer our problem

18 hours ago, ak47deol said:

Terrible terrible player, was never good enough, Burnley will soon realise this but no longer our problem

He wasn't a "terrible" player and was often fairly good. Another unnecessary scapegoat. Good luck to the lad. I imagine he'll enjoy his football more away from fans whose ideas on how best to 'support' a team are often as dubious as the performances themselves.

Really tired of the predatory nature of our fan base in general. It helps no-one.

Ak47,  on the pitch tonight in the local derby between Blackburn and Burnley 

8 hours ago, Patrick said:

Ak47,  on the pitch tonight in the local derby between Blackburn and Burnley 

Disgusting picture this is. Hope the bloke is locked up for a long time. 

16 hours ago, avstu said:

Disgusting picture this is. Hope the bloke is locked up for a long time. 

Notice the spineless little tw@t choosing the smallest lad on the park to grab hold of. The kind of spineless coward that has to have a few beers inside him before he plucks up the courage to have a row!  Weak minded men (insert boys) fight with beer in their bellies!