Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Ashley Westwood

Not sure about this season, but I can see Westwood becoming a captain. Wearing the armband isn't always about being the loudest one, but being calm and cool under pressure. That's Westwood. Cool, calm, and composed.

Am I the only Villa fan who can see what utter dross Ashley Wastewood is?

Depends why you'd make this point after he was; A, possibly our best player on the pitch yesterday and B, one of his best performances of the season yesterday?

He's been far from up to standard this season but he's still one of our most technically gifted footballers, probably only Delph has more skill on the ball than he.

Players like Westwood go unnoticed, until they aren't there, no coincidence that we lost conrol of the games yesterday when he went off.

He's always looking for an incisive ball, problem is the movement up top at the moment is non existent. When the front 3 were on form like last season Westwood provided some assists, his through ball to Gabby against Norwich last season was inch perfect.

He's a tidy footballer, not one that warrants criticism at the moment for me.

Players like Westwood go unnoticed, until they aren't there, no coincidence that we lost conrol of the games yesterday when he went off.

He's always looking for an incisive ball, problem is the movement up top at the moment is non existent. When the front 3 were on form like last season Westwood provided some assists, his through ball to Gabby against Norwich last season was inch perfect.

He's a tidy footballer, not one that warrants criticism at the moment for me.

He seems to waste every opportunity when he is within 50 yards of goal. And whether it is the lack of movement but never see him play any remarkable passes, we need better quality than him.

He seems to waste every opportunity when he is within 50 yards of goal. And whether it is the lack of movement but never see him play any remarkable passes, we need better quality than him.

I personally think he's pretty good. He's similar to Barry in the sense that he won't play the hollywood pass or be always banging in 30 yard screamers so the good work that he does goes unnoticed by most. I don't think it's a coincidence that after he went off against Newcastle we looked really poor in the middle of the park and Newcastle had most of the ball

I personally think he's pretty good. He's similar to Barry in the sense that he won't play the hollywood pass or be always banging in 30 yard screamers so the good work that he does goes unnoticed by most. I don't think it's a coincidence that after he went off against Newcastle we looked really poor in the middle of the park and Newcastle had most of the ball

When I watch Barry now, just like Scott Parker you see them doing all this leg work and stopping threatening attacks so that the flair players i.e. Mirallas/Barkley and Taraabt (not that he is there anymore) could roam free and hurt teams.

Just like we watched Tiote do against us, infact Tiote IMO is the best in the PL at doing this, he picks up lots and lots of yellow cards, but he stopped us breaking by making clever tackles whether they be fouls or not.

For me Westwood hasn't got enough about him and is very wasteful at times.

Each to their own mate

Sylla is no premiership player. Spent most of my first year moaning about him. He does have good spells but they are too far and few between.

He also looks more lost than most in PL setup....of that's possible.

Westwood's issue is his passing...

Sylla is no premiership player. Spent most of my first year moaning about him. He does have good spells but they are too far and few between.

He also looks more lost than most in PL setup....of that's possible.

Westwood's issue is his passing...

Sylla breaks up attacks, his passing isn't wonderful, at times it is woeful, but seeing as we can't score at the minute we need to focus on stopping them scoring at the very least, and Westood doesn't aid to that in the slightest. Lambert just does what he has done all season. Even if it meant dropping KEA. I still can't see how he gets so much Flack if I'm Honest.

Thought Westy was brilliant again on Sunday, yes he does give the ball away on occasion but that is because he's the one trying to create with incisive passing. I thought the 3 central players complimented each other very well against Norwich, something I've been waiting for all season.

Rated Sylla last season, but he was regressed a lot this term, not offered us anything. Rightly behind the other 3 on current form.

i cant compare westwood to sylla, one is meant to be a sort of playmaker while the other is a defensive midfielder.

sylla is brilliant when hes on form for us while so is westwood, though they do different jobs, simple as that

As I've said before, I think what Westwood brings goes unnoticed, much like Petrov when he was playing.

As I've said before, I think what Westwood brings goes unnoticed, much like Petrov when he was playing.

He's more trigger happy than Tonev and can't score from the halfway line like Petrov.

I am a fan of westwood but he like the rest of the team is inconstant! but constancy comes with experience i guess??

Can be a big player for us in the run in! remember Hoolahan will be joining us on a 3 year deal in the Summer! you heard it here first!

I am a fan of westwood but he like the rest of the team is inconstant! but constancy comes with experience i guess??

Can be a big player for us in the run in! remember Hoolahan will be joining us on a 3 year deal in the Summer! you heard it here first!

Bit of tutoring could be a good thing, or is that me playing too much FM?