Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Ashley Westwood

132 posts in this topic

I personally do.
Each to their own mate

Each to their own mate

Sylla is no premiership player. Spent most of my first year moaning about him. He does have good spells but they are too far and few between.

He also looks more lost than most in PL setup....of that's possible.

Westwood's issue is his passing...

Sylla is no premiership player. Spent most of my first year moaning about him. He does have good spells but they are too far and few between.

He also looks more lost than most in PL setup....of that's possible.

Westwood's issue is his passing...

Sylla breaks up attacks, his passing isn't wonderful, at times it is woeful, but seeing as we can't score at the minute we need to focus on stopping them scoring at the very least, and Westood doesn't aid to that in the slightest. Lambert just does what he has done all season. Even if it meant dropping KEA. I still can't see how he gets so much Flack if I'm Honest.

Thought Westy was brilliant again on Sunday, yes he does give the ball away on occasion but that is because he's the one trying to create with incisive passing. I thought the 3 central players complimented each other very well against Norwich, something I've been waiting for all season.

Rated Sylla last season, but he was regressed a lot this term, not offered us anything. Rightly behind the other 3 on current form.

I thought Westwood was terrible on the weekend tbf

i cant compare westwood to sylla, one is meant to be a sort of playmaker while the other is a defensive midfielder.

sylla is brilliant when hes on form for us while so is westwood, though they do different jobs, simple as that

As I've said before, I think what Westwood brings goes unnoticed, much like Petrov when he was playing.

As I've said before, I think what Westwood brings goes unnoticed, much like Petrov when he was playing.

He's more trigger happy than Tonev and can't score from the halfway line like Petrov.

I am a fan of westwood but he like the rest of the team is inconstant! but constancy comes with experience i guess??

Can be a big player for us in the run in! remember Hoolahan will be joining us on a 3 year deal in the Summer! you heard it here first!

I am a fan of westwood but he like the rest of the team is inconstant! but constancy comes with experience i guess??

Can be a big player for us in the run in! remember Hoolahan will be joining us on a 3 year deal in the Summer! you heard it here first!

Bit of tutoring could be a good thing, or is that me playing too much FM?

Interesting stat for those who say Westwood is like a crab.. image.jpg

Westwood needs a season like Delph had last season.

looks like he gained some muscle this year too, when we signed thats the first thing i said was he needed to muscle up.

Would actually love to see us sign another DM to release Westwood to play further forward, he's actually a pretty handy creative player the times I've seen him get forward.

Delighted that Ash has taken to the Premier League like he has done and can't wait for him to be called up to the England squad which shouldn't be too long the way he's progressed.

Missed him today didn't we.

Missed him today didn't we.

I think so mate, him and Delph would have been great today

According to 'The Telegraph', Westwood is Villa's most under-rated player.

LINK

Been saying this for ages.

According to 'The Telegraph', Westwood is Villa's most under-rated player.

LINK

Been saying this for ages.

I like Westy, future captain for me, not not for a few years yet!

Think he is the most over rated player in our team lol