Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Ashley Westwood

I thought Bannan played well, but was shocked when he was announced MOTM over Westwood! Am really excited by this kid, more so than Lowton or Benteke even. I think Westwood will be a future England regular. To make the step up he has made, looked like one of the most experienced players on the pitch sat. Looked relaxed on the ball, looked up before passing etc.

I didn't get to see much of the arsenel game but westwood got voted as best player on the pitch against arsenal in the sun, and if the london press are voting for him over arsenal players he must have done well. What i've seen of him so far has been steady, nothing spectacular but not really putting a foot wrong either.

Took a set piece and we scored. Obv means Lambert has been on this forum and seen me mention that lol

this lad is going to be big!! 2 good displays on Saturday and today-----was just itching to take a corner both days---took one today and Benteke got us 3 very very vital points!!--keep on taking em Ashley lad!!--------------------------------- and not many stray passes neither!!!

Took a set piece and we scored. Obv means Lambert has been on this forum and seen me mention that lol

Nah mate , Gabby still plays lol !!!

Seriously,Lambo is getting the new signings playing well, the only one the jury is still out on is Karim,

Just picked this up from another forum.

Spoken by the Crewe boss,

"Clubs had monitored Ash for a long period of time. Villa came in, we thought Villa was a bit of a surprise. But then we found out that they had a thirty game dossier on him so they've done their homework; they knew what they were getting. But nobody else did, so fair play to them; they came in late with all their money and what a fantastic opportunity for him."

It's nice to know that we do do our homework on these lads.

Just picked this up from another forum.

Spoken by the Crewe boss,

"Clubs had monitored Ash for a long period of time. Villa came in, we thought Villa was a bit of a surprise. But then we found out that they had a thirty game dossier on him so they've done their homework; they knew what they were getting. But nobody else did, so fair play to them; they came in late with all their money and what a fantastic opportunity for him."

It's nice to know that we do do our homework on these lads.

Certainly a bit of good business so far, he along with others will develop and will be even better in the coming seasons

am liking the sound of this---the lad can be the midfield brains at B6 for many years to come,---might even catch Roy Hodgson,s eye!!!

and he can swing over a real good corner!!

Nice one Ashley ---and good luck in gracing The Claret and Blue.

Fantastic news, love Westy! As Startinez just said, if Lowton now commits it would be a great summer. (Apparently there are new deals lined up for Lowton and Clark).

Excellent news! just now need to sign up Lowton to a new and improved deal...these are players that seem to know what lambert is trying to do!

Excellent news! just now need to sign up Lowton to a new and improved deal...these are players that seem to know what lambert is trying to do!

Agreed!. Massively pleased with Westwood extension. Smashing player. Westwood, Lowton, Baker etc are the nucleus of the future, we should build around these players, it will bear fruits eventually.

Agreed!. Massively pleased with Westwood extension. Smashing player. Westwood, Lowton, Baker etc are the nucleus of the future, we should build around these players, it will bear fruits eventually.

Yeah I agree with that last part, building the squad around Westwood, Lowton, Guzan, Baker (based on last season) and hopefully players like Gardner, Okore, Delph will prove themselves worthy of doing the same.

Captain ????

Well deserved.

If i was to give any of the young lads the captains armband in the future it would be Baker, the lad is a beast at the back! Although arguments could be made for a number of our players holding the armband. Such is the type of man Lambert is going for, not just footballing ability.

If i was to give any of the young lads the captains armband in the future it would be Baker, the lad is a beast at the back! Although arguments could be made for a number of our players holding the armband. Such is the type of man Lambert is going for, not just footballing ability.

Totally agree mate. Where as we have struggled before for a captain a case can now be made for several. The boys are becoming men.