Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Ashley Westwood

132 posts in this topic

Ashley Westwood

2012-2017.

Discuss Ashley Westwood's Aston Villa career here.

Crewe's manager on Westwood's Villa transfer:

"Clubs had monitored Ash for a long period of time. Villa came in, we thought Villa was a bit of a surprise. But then we found out that they had a thirty game dossier on him so they've done their homework; they knew what they were getting. But nobody else did, so fair play to them; they came in late with all their money and what a fantastic opportunity for him." - Crewe manager Steven Davis

Nice work, Lambert! 30 games?!?

Crewe's manager on Westwood's Villa transfer:

"Clubs had monitored Ash for a long period of time. Villa came in, we thought Villa was a bit of a surprise. But then we found out that they had a thirty game dossier on him so they've done their homework; they knew what they were getting. But nobody else did, so fair play to them; they came in late with all their money and what a fantastic opportunity for him." - Crewe manager Steven Davis

Nice work, Lambert! 30 games?!?

And people were talking on transfer deadline about "panic buys" from the lower leagues. A 30 game dossier? Sounds like Lambert knew exactly who he wanted all window. A couple more seasons under Lambert and with the facilities we have we could have a youth system like utd (probably not that far off now to be fair)with a scouting system like arsenal, who needs marquee players?

Love hearing that PL Dow his homework on these buys. I don't think AM and MON did, not to that level at least.

Had a tough time yesterday but hopefully he will learn from it.

Had a tough time yesterday but hopefully he will learn from it.

dont think anyone came out of that game with any credit really??

dont think anyone came out of that game with any credit really??

No, they didn't, and Westwood wasn't the worst of them.

No, they didn't, and Westwood wasn't the worst of them.

I couldn't name the worst ,but KEA must run close ,,, not as it matters of course,, collectively is what counts and they were all undervpar ( maybe CC apart )

Westwood is looking the real deal!! along with benteke & Lowton he is becoming the 3rd Gem unearthed by Lambert! nice bit of business for 2 million quid

Westwood is looking the real deal!! along with benteke & Lowton he is becoming the 3rd Gem unearthed by Lambert! nice bit of business for 2 million quid

Couldn't agree more, thought Westwood had a decent game today

Yeah, some tidy passing from young Ashley today.

He looks a good player and i think he just needs to have a bit more confidence in himself and wouldn't mind seeing him take a few set pieces as his passing has been top notch

Put in a good display and came of age today----read the game well,liked how the lad took charge of midfield and back four--and detailing at our free kicks in the immediate panic following Concrete Rons withdrawal-- well-played young man---defintely one for the future----nice one Lambo!!!

He looks a good player and i think he just needs to have a bit more confidence in himself and wouldn't mind seeing him take a few set pieces as his passing has been top notch

Solid point. Bannan just has no power on his set pieces. Need someone who can put something on it. Worth a try.

Very impressed with Westwood. It's amazing that Benteke, Weetwood, and Lowton cost similar to Nzogbia. AM's best buys were players he never managed on the pitch: Stevens and Holman. Combined cost of £100k plus wages.

Solid point. Bannan just has no power on his set pieces. Need someone who can put something on it. Worth a try.

Very impressed with Westwood. It's amazing that Benteke, Weetwood, and Lowton cost similar to Nzogbia. AM's best buys were players he never managed on the pitch: Stevens and Holman. Combined cost of £100k plus wages.

Bannan reminds me of when we played football at school running everywhere just to take the free kick or corner to be the star man and the fails miserably. Westwood has quietly got on with his job and deserves more praise then most as he has come from nowhere

Bannan reminds me of when we played football at school running everywhere just to take the free kick or corner to be the star man and the fails miserably. Westwood has quietly got on with his job and deserves more praise then most as he has come from nowhere

LOL. The announcer over here kept mentioning how we could never get a proper ball to Benteke. He won it every time, but that was with jumping from a set position. He never gets to truly attack the cross because Bannan's lobs float too long and allow the defense to play it.

We need someone who can hit it like AY and Downing. With Benteke, Vlaar, and Clark, I guarantee we could get some goals.

Westwood was my man of the match but i dont get the stick for Bannan, i thought he played well and made some great passes.

I Thouht Bannan had a cracking game, his passing was excellent. I dont understand what some people see in the game sometimes.

Bannan did play well, but some folk need some one to knock if you know what i mean!

I thought Bannan played well, but was shocked when he was announced MOTM over Westwood! Am really excited by this kid, more so than Lowton or Benteke even. I think Westwood will be a future England regular. To make the step up he has made, looked like one of the most experienced players on the pitch sat. Looked relaxed on the ball, looked up before passing etc.

I didn't get to see much of the arsenel game but westwood got voted as best player on the pitch against arsenal in the sun, and if the london press are voting for him over arsenal players he must have done well. What i've seen of him so far has been steady, nothing spectacular but not really putting a foot wrong either.

Took a set piece and we scored. Obv means Lambert has been on this forum and seen me mention that lol

this lad is going to be big!! 2 good displays on Saturday and today-----was just itching to take a corner both days---took one today and Benteke got us 3 very very vital points!!--keep on taking em Ashley lad!!--------------------------------- and not many stray passes neither!!!