Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Joe Bennett

135 posts in this topic

Joe Bennett was a scape goat for many things that went wrong.

Last season against a Chelsea team he was outstanding, like many players you need to play week in week out to improve, you all know my opinion on our manager and I have to say if he was not going to give the likes of Bennett a chance why waste the money in the first place.

If you have centre backs like Clarke n baker your never going to look good.

Good luck Joe, your better than you get credit for. Come back and prove people wrong.

Good post I agree I don't think he is ready for the first team and he is only young so can develop. Hyppia was a good defender and hopefully can help him improve his game. There is a good player in him somewhere I think he needs this loan to help him get his confidence up. I won't give up on him but I don't want him near the first team at the moment and hope he comes back a better player. Good luck at Brighton joe.

He would have improved at villa if lambert knew what he was doing ,, lambert out ,

I, like most on here, like Bennett. I felt he could offer something to club and always looked dangerous in the attacking third.

There is, however, the fact that he isn't as young as some make out. He is now 24 years old! Being sent out on loan to 'develop' at 24 is a clear sign that it isn't going to work out for him at Villa.

I wish him all the best but I can't see him playing in a Villa shirt again.

I, like most on here, like Bennett. I felt he could offer something to club and always looked dangerous in the attacking third. There is, however, the fact that he isn't as young as some make out. He is now 24 years old! Being sent out on loan to 'develop' at 24 is a clear sign that it isn't going to work out for him at Villa. I wish him all the best but I can't see him playing in a Villa shirt again.
You are correct. At 24 he should be able to keep his spot in the team. To me, loan development is for 17 year olds. Get consistent playing time for a season in the championship then run on chances in the Villa first team. If they don't cut it by the time they are 20 move them on elsewhere. Everything depends on the academy development management. Perhaps that is an area that needs looking at? You need the correct coaching and management for them to succeed.

Shocking defender, going out to find his level.

Disappointed to see him go as we are short of options left wing and i reckon he could do a job there.

How long was his contract ? because when this loan comes to an end he will have been here for 3 years.

Wow!! how the hell you you get out of bed in the morning being so depressive??

Bennett is a good players but needs to learn!

Mate, everything you say is negative. Why do you support Aston Villa? He is not a shocking defender, he just hasn't come up to expectations at a club that needs solid week in week out performances. For F**k sake take some happy pills or just stay off the site. Do you have any friends?

Mate, everything you say is negative. Why do you support Aston Villa? He is not a shocking defender, he just hasn't come up to expectations at a club that needs solid week in week out performances. For F**k sake take some happy pills or just stay off the site. Do you have any friends?

Not being funny mate, but you being from Australia why do you support Villa? fans from different countries supporting English teams amuse me - im sure watching us on the tele and reading about us on the internet is exciting?. Bennett is dire, anybody that has actually seen him play live will know this, not Premiership standard and never will be, at his age he should be a regular in a side. You saying he needs a run in the team says it all, as if thats ever gonna happen, he isnt good enough otherwise he would be on the sheet and not out on loan. Why do think we purchaed Chissohko? to sit on the bench for super Joe Bennett?

Not being funny mate, but you being from Australia why do you support Villa? fans from different countries supporting English teams amuse me - im sure watching us on the tele and reading about us on the internet is exciting?. Bennett is dire, anybody that has actually seen him play live will know this, not Premiership standard and never will be, at his age he should be a regular in a side. You saying he needs a run in the team says it all, as if thats ever gonna happen, he isnt good enough otherwise he would be on the sheet and not out on loan. Why do think we purchaed Chissohko? to sit on the bench for super Joe Bennett?

Think you'll find Aussie is a Brummie living in exile if my memory is correct and has been to VP many times, and those foreign fans that amuse you are the ones that buy club merchandise and push TV figures through the roof, so the more of them we have the better players those who can attend VP get to see in a Villa shirt.

you will see from my original comment that I agreed with Karl saying he will not play in a Villa shirt again and yes Dorset Lion is correct I am a Brummie and also trialed for Stanley Star who were the original Aston Villa academy. I wasn't successful but know my football ( as it is called over here and I have seen people like Charlie Aitken, Chico Hamilton, Brian Little, Bruce Rioch, Ray Graydon and many other super players who played for Aston Villa. Just because some of us don't live in England doesn't stop us from having the passion of being a Villa Fan. And reading some of your comments begs me to ask the question 'are you a real fan or just someone who just likes to knock them'. I am getting on a bit now but still love the Villa and will follow them always. 50 years a supporter should say something.

Means nothing if you aint there, IMO opinions mean nothing from people who dont attend games, looks like there are loads on here

Means nothing if you aint there, IMO opinions mean nothing from people who dont attend games, looks like there are loads on here

I take it then that we will be spared your opinion in respect of any games you do not attend ?

Not being funny mate, but you being from Australia why do you support Villa? fans from different countries supporting English teams amuse me

the above comment is a joke!!

Hang your head in shame Superman!

you could class Annemc, Peever, Atlanta Villan as the kind of Fan you are referring to!

But why leave it there? lets exile Lost in Normandy, Dorset, Wattsie and all other non brummie VIllans?

and why do people start a sentence with "not being funny Mate...." when you clearly are having a dig?

Watching on tele and reading forums is alright..... I prefer the 3 or 4 matches I get to see Villa play each season in the flesh and have so for the last 4, soon to be 5 seasons on the bounce. Wind your neck in.

Guys just trying to be controversial , it's the case with 90% of his posts! seen many matches live and on TV! things you can miss on tv and same works visa versa , things you can miss sitting in crowd,

the above comment is a joke!! Hang your head in shame Superman! you could class Annemc, Peever, Atlanta Villan as the kind of Fan you are referring to! But why leave it there? lets exile Lost in Normandy, Dorset, Wattsie and all other non brummie VIllans? and why do people start a sentence with "not being funny Mate...." when you clearly are having a dig?
I'm not a Brummie lol

Bullshit, but then again i would expect that from you going by ALL your posts

I'd rather listen to some of these foreign fans than some of the shite you spout on here half the time pal.

Luckily your opinion means nothing to me (and everybody else apparently). I prefer to read comments from people who actually like supporting Aston Villa. Anyway I'll cough up $5000 next week to come and see them and sit behind you and p*ss on your head when you start bagging them, again and again and again. I bet your barbeques are lonely on your own!!!!!!!! Try this site mate - Ineedafriend.com.uk or perhaps this one Italkshit.com.uk

I know im not the most active person on the site, and am still learning about everything regarding football. I do read the threads everyday to get a better understanding of everything that is happening so I can make educated comments, but some people don't have the means to attend matches. I myself, live in Canada. I am a university student with student debt up to my eyeballs. I was under the impression. That the football community is a very inclusive community and the sport should be happy that other people around the world are interested in supporting. Sport brings people together for a common interest. You get to meet new people and learn new things. There are not a lot of things that upset or offend me, but reading your comments sounds like you are implying that because I can't attend games or because I live in another country, I don't deserve to be a part of this community. That's what upsets me.

I know im not the most active person on the site, and am still learning about everything regarding football. I do read the threads everyday to get a better understanding of everything that is happening so I can make educated comments, but some people don't have the means to attend matches. I myself, live in Canada. I am a university student with student debt up to my eyeballs. I was under the impression. That the football community is a very inclusive community and the sport should be happy that other people around the world are interested in supporting. Sport brings people together for a common interest. You get to meet new people and learn new things. There are not a lot of things that upset or offend me, but reading your comments sounds like you are implying that because I can't attend games or because I live in another country, I don't deserve to be a part of this community. That's what upsets me.

I wouldn't worry about his opinion, your a welcome addition to the site.

The violins are out ,,get over it . It's a forum ,nothing serious

I wouldn't worry about his opinion, your a welcome addition to the site.

Thanks! I appreciate that!