Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Joe Bennett

135 posts in this topic

Bennett played very well today and seems not to let the stick get to him, will be a good player for us going forward...as long as he learns not to go all or nothing in the box if a player has the better of him

I thought he gave the ball away a few times tbh, but other than that yeah he had a good game although Chelsea didn't really play with wingers so he wasn't tested as much as he was v United

I have to say that I thought Bennett had a great game v Chelsea.

He covered hell of a lot of ground and covered along the back line a couple of times.

Really dont rate him cost us a few times doesnt cut it for me but had a crackin game against chelsea and tbf his alright going forward

To be honest, he's starting to look like another Bannan.

Seems a very harsh assessment :g:

Bannan is very poor consistently whereas I think Bennett has improved markedly this season and will be very handy next season.

Time will tell I suppose.

The only way is up for Bennett.... Personally i think he would be a better winger more than anything he is smart with his crossing into the box. if he really wants to stay as a left back, he would really need to buff up and get stronger off the ball. Half of the crossing goals that we have given up were because him not being able to get the man out of the way... but again the only way is up for him.

Poor first half to the season really improved the turn of they year looking forward to new season

Needs to do more of those weights on the picture of the initial thread, he looked like a typical boy v man against Norwich, and was being rash in frustration.

A good article on Joe Bennett: http://avillafan.com/site/6847/the-curious-case-of-joe-bennett/

Certainly worth a read..

didnt know that he got lashed out of it on his twitter acct till recently. i can openly admit i have called him every name under the sun shouting at the tv but fukin hell, if he messes up at villa im hardly goin around to his house LOL

he improved alot but hes no defender, midfielder i preech

I have to agree Stevo - has a decent cross on him and loves getting forward - must improve on his defending though.

Players like him are the ones that need support the most though. He messes up sure, but he's apologising to the fans afterwards on Twitter, saying he deserves the abuse he gets sometimes - that to me sounds like he beats himself up about making those mistakes in the first place and he needs us to get behind him for him to become a better player.

I have to agree Stevo - has a decent cross on him and loves getting forward - must improve on his defending though.

just doesnt cut it for me, i keep thinking how fortunate we were last year with injuries, if bennett was injured who was goin to replace him??? back 4 imo will be lowton, vlaar, okore, and luna. well thats what im expecting. would love to say bennet did enough cause i know he tried his best and the like of baker, fukin hell that lad would take a bullet to the chest to keep the ball out of the back of the net, realisticly though, madness doesnt get u stability and imo thats what lambert is trying to create

He's got quick feet too, will be interesting to see how Lambert handles him next season.

Get Joe fit and on the left wing he has a wicked cross!

Get Joe fit and on the left wing he has a wicked cross!
I was thinking the same thing, any idea how long he's out for?

I was thinking the same thing, any idea how long he's out for?

Until he finishes his mock gcse's.

Gone on Season long loan to Brighton.
Another lambert f*ck up

Another lambert f*ck up

I was hoping he would come good.... but the real fook up will be if he is replaced by John-Arne Riise imo.

I think Bennett was a decent buy just needs games but not at our expense lol

Hopefully he does well and comes back a better player, think he has a future with us

All that money wasted! I know he had to fill the squad but not with all that dross!

shame, a good player in the making who just needs to fine tune his tackling

Joe Bennett was a scape goat for many things that went wrong.

Last season against a Chelsea team he was outstanding, like many players you need to play week in week out to improve, you all know my opinion on our manager and I have to say if he was not going to give the likes of Bennett a chance why waste the money in the first place.

If you have centre backs like Clarke n baker your never going to look good.

Good luck Joe, your better than you get credit for. Come back and prove people wrong.