Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Ron Vlaar (2012-15)

Jayemdubbya    175

Senderdross as a replacement is laughable, but it looks to be happening. Whenever I see posts from the club on the internet about him, it's always talking about his leadership. They're trying to sell him as our captain before Vlaar goes.

Remember when Vlaar was the low cost replacement?

RonVlaar4    9

Senderdross as a replacement is laughable, but it looks to be happening. Whenever I see posts from the club on the internet about him, it's always talking about his leadership. They're trying to sell him as our captain before Vlaar goes.

Remember when Vlaar was the low cost replacement?

I had the same thoughts on the reports praising his quality and leadership. From what I heard he did alright for Valencia but replacing Vlaar, not only as a player but also as an important figure in the club, would be quite a challenge for Senderos. I can understand if some aren't very optimistic about that idea but I first want to see him in action for us before I make a judgement on this signing. But one thing is for sure, Okore will have to play a major role next season and I really hope he is up for it.

^Yes he has. Night after night. With the help of Baker and Co... C´mon. Vlaar has been quality for us, right from the beginning. I´m very glad that people can see him play with decent players and not that excuse of a defense we possessed last season.

Completely agree with this. We saw how terrible

we were when he was out and he's had to do far more far more than just his own role for Villa plenty of times because of the rubbish around him. Put a couple of solid defenders beside him so he's not a one man show and we'll stop leaking goals.

B6!    631

On the squads page Vlaar is number 4 and Sendusdross has no number.

Loyalvillan    584

dont think the squad numbers for the coming season have been released yet have they? does Cole have a number??

Darrensavfc    2

Im sure neither have been given numbers just yet, isn't it just before our first pre-season game that they release the numbers?

RonVlaar4    9

A mistake of the web provider (?) caused Senderos to have number 4 and Joe Cole to have number 26 (the numbers the two were wearing at their previous clubs) in the squad overview. As more people noticed and asked questions the official site promised to fix the mistake and stated that the new squad numbers haven't been set yet will be revealed next month (not necessarily before preseason).

Peever    238

Its on twitter so pinch of salt. But in reality with the world cup he's having its no surprise. Hope we can keep him though.

Dimitri    261

he would walk into any top4 team imo,...im sure most villa fans that maybe doubted big rons ability will appreciate him now

Peever    238

he would walk into any top4 team imo,...im sure most villa fans that maybe doubted big rons ability will appreciate him now

I think alot stopped doubting him towards the end of last season. I'll admit I was one to slate him at first. But as last season progressed (injury aside) he turned into a solid player at the back. If he leaves he wil lbe hard to replace IMO. Him and Okore at the back..... Going to be massive

Loyalvillan    584

keeping Vlaar is a must imo, lets hope its bullshit, and coming from inocgavfc or whoever he is it is mist likely just that!

AnneMc    265

That Incog has had a few things right since the end of the season - Senderos and Keane for sure.

Supposed to be Southampton who've bid for Vlaar.

Meh. Vlaar's the best of a bad bunch but not even close to Villa's great centre backs, if you ask me, and no captain.

Rawly1966    167
A good squad player

Dimitri    261

A good squad player

hes better than anything man utd or liverpool have already

Rawly1966    167
hes better than anything man utd or liverpool have already
This is based on 3 okish games at World Cup ?

Dimitri    261

This is based on 3 okish games at World Cup ?

no not at all,..ive always rated vlaar infact i remember him from his feyenoord days when celtic played feyenoord in some centenary tournement in rotterdam 2008 iirc which also involved spurs & dortmund & i always remember the commentator bumming up a young vlaar at the time & saying he was gonni be a rising star or something like that lol

ive always liked big vlaar btw & feel for him as he hasnt got a decent cb play alongside hes stuck with that big lump of wood clark as okore's injured so hes been unlucky carrying the defence last season,..of the top of my head i can only think of terry,david luiz,konpany & ivonovic who is better or on par with him

Rawly1966    167
no not at all,..ive always rated vlaar infact i remember him from his feyenoord days when celtic played feyenoord in some centenary tournement in rotterdam 2008 iirc which also involved spurs & dortmund & i always remember the commentator bumming up a young vlaar at the time & saying he was gonni be a rising star or something like that lol ive always liked big vlaar btw & feel for him as he hasnt got a decent cb play alongside hes stuck with that big lump of wood clark as okore's injured so hes been unlucky carrying the defence last season,..of the top of my head i can only think of terry,david luiz,konpany & ivonovic who is better or on par with him
Luiz is a pile of sh*t mate