Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Ron Vlaar (2012-15)

AnneMc    265

Yeah, may well have booked his ticket out of B6 tonight but, excuses aside, has not played like this for Villa.

Jarkko    11

^Yes he has. Night after night. With the help of Baker and Co... C´mon. Vlaar has been quality for us, right from the beginning. I´m very glad that people can see him play with decent players and not that excuse of a defense we possessed last season.

AnneMc    265

^Yes he has. Night after night. With the help of Baker and Co... C´mon. Vlaar has been quality for us, right from the beginning. I´m very glad that people can see him play with decent players and not that excuse of a defense we possessed last season.

Disagree. A few solid games aside, he hasn't been great and is no captain.

Jayemdubbya    175

Disagree. A few solid games aside, he hasn't been great and is no captain.

He'll be missed and appreciated more when he's gone.........similar to Petrov.

His fullbacks don't defend, he's constantly playing next to utter sh*t CBs like Clark and Baker, and he doesn't have a true DM protecting the back four. Not sure what you expect him to do with that. Kompany would look like sh*t in that defense.

Skyba    246

When he was out injured we all realised how much we missed him but I think it's easy to forget just how bad it was when it's just as sh*t but just in different areas

Jarkko    11

^This. I remember commenting just that when he was injured. Without him we were wide open and utter *hite. Yes, he has made and will make mistakes, but he has been the only really solid backbone down there, with the except of Guzan of course. Would like to see, what he can do with Okore and Senderos. If Holland plays well and him too, it´s no guarantee, that he is in Villa when transfer window ends :-(

dorset lion    356

Unless i am mistaken he signed a 3 year contract, he's been talking of his dream to win silverware and is now in the shop window of a world cup. We either sell him this summer or he walks next and to be fair to him i wouldn't blame him the way the club is been run.

B6!    631

Let him go, we've got Senderdross to play alongside Clarke/Baker !

Darrensavfc    2

Great defended IMO, have always said that. We looked lost without him when he was injured but if an offer came in for him, I think I'd take it. Much rather that than watch him walk on a free next summer.

Darrensavfc    2
I hope he stays we will miss him if he leaves.
Agreed, but if he has to go, I'd rather get something for him, than watch him walk away on a freebie. Plus more World Cup performances like that, and we got get a fair bit of cash for him.

Dimitri    261

he is good enough for man utd infact he would be the best the CB at the club imo i cant think of anyone at man utd who is better than vlaar at CB

mattlynch    0

He has got a weight off his shoulders with the Netherlands he is not carring a defence

RonVlaar4    9

Maybe just a temporary mistake but the official website currently lists Senderos with a number 4 and Joe Cole with number 26. I don't think it is likely that Vlaar would change his number ...

We can't afford to let him go atm and so far I don't believe he would leave this summer. Just waned to point out above point as I thought it was interesting.

Loyalvillan    584

Maybe just a temporary mistake but the official website currently lists Senderos with a number 4 and Joe Cole with number 26. I don't think it is likely that Vlaar would change his number ...

We can't afford to let him go atm and so far I don't believe he would leave this summer. Just waned to point out above point as I thought it was interesting.

I think he will be gone! motivated by the words of his national and soon to be club coach in his ears

avfc85    130

I love Villa and I want Vlaar to stay, but I'm not going to begrudge Vlaar a move to Man Utd at this stage - he might not come in for him but I think it's highly likely.