Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Ron Vlaar (2012-15)

try watching TC from the stands and not the TV. dont think ive once seen him overlap to put a cross into the box! every time opting to receive a backwards pass.

Westy has been one of our more consistent performers the last few seasons.

I agree he has done ok the last few seasons but this season he has been terrible mate

I agree he has done ok the last few seasons but this season he has been terrible mate

his form has dropped this season but i'd rather give him the chance to improve than waste 8m on TC thats better spent elsewhere.

More signs that Cleverly will improve with more games he plays then Westwood who imo has reached his maximum potential at Villa, will do better for a club like Swansea who suit his football style

I think our p*ss poor midfield is our biggest weakness, we never dominate possession which buts pressure on the defense and they create very little going forward. All very average footballers.

pass success rate for the last 3 games in which you claim Cleverly was worse then Westwood

QPR - Westwood 77% Cleverly 89%

Spurs - Westwood 75% Cleverly 96%

West Ham - Westwood 73% Cleverly 80%

Just to let you know Cleverlys pass success rate was also higher in the Everton and City game

And only speaking of the qpr game, it is easy to get high stats when you constantly pass it straight back to cissoko everytime!!!

Cleverley loves the auld sideways pass. Not hard to get that right, AK.

Forward players like gabby and wiemann dont make the movement for Cleverly to make forward passes more often, if anything i see Westwood pass the ball sideways more then Cleverly and he clearly doesnt do it that well as he doesnt find the mark enough going by the stats

anyway...back on the Ron Vlaar

Injured , average defender , ehhh that's about it

Too much emphasis is put on Vlarr. Let him go and let's move on. Why keep a player who doesn't want to be at the club. We need players who want to play for Aston Villa. We should not be worried over him wanting to leave. I would rather play someone who is passionate about our club and gives 100% every game. He is not that person. We are a massive club and I am sick and fuc**ng tired of wasting space over average players. He is not the great defender some people think he is. If he wants to go - goodbye Ron!