Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lukedaw

Ron Vlaar (2012-15)

261 posts in this topic

Looks like he will be a star

I have to say that i have been very impressed with Vlaar so far this season with a few exceptions, he is confident in his ability and will settle into a fine long term addition to the team.

He is a natural born leader and this will shine through as the season progresses, this is of course my own opinion of the Guy and by no means right! what are your thoughts?

i do agree with that but i have been impressed with most of Paul Lambert signings!

How much did we pay for him, I forgot?

Cracking Signing though nevertheless. I would like to see him and Dunne as a partnership once dunne gets back to his best

between 2.5 and 3 million i think?? maybe a bit more??

Also the players are only likely to get better as they are young and will improve under Lambert.

After all is said and done, I think Vlaar will be similar to Dunne. A very good player, worthy of the armband, but will drive you nuts at times. I definitely see him anchoring our back line for 3-4 years.

How much did we pay for him, I forgot?

Cracking Signing though nevertheless. I would like to see him and Dunne as a partnership once dunne gets back to his best

Sorry Rich, I don't think there's any way Vlaar and Dunne could, or should, play together.

Yes, Loyal, this guy will be great for us.

I mentioned in the 'Benteke' profile thread that I hope we can keep the vultures at bay when he clicks. The same applies to Vlaar.

Sorry Rich, I don't think there's any way Vlaar and Dunne could, or should, play together.

Agreed. I've thought all along that Vlaar and Dunne will compete for one spot, and Clark and Baker for the other. Good way to go IMO.

He needs to work on his distribution imo, i have seen him so many times just keep running with the ball and losing it. Seems a good defender but i expect alot more to come from him. Good leader also

After all is said and done, I think Vlaar will be similar to Dunne. A very good player, worthy of the armband, but will drive you nuts at times. I definitely see him anchoring our back line for 3-4 years.

Pretty much agree a good physical presence but does seem to lack tactical awareness at times.

It's called an undisclosed fee !

does anyone have any idea how long Ron is out for? thought he would have been back by now??

Anybody think Ron has been very very poor in last 3 games ? . He seems to go unnoticed when he makes mistakes like yesterday's winner for Fulham .

A mate mentioned that on Saturday in the Holte suite.

Everyone was busy going on about Baker, Clarke, Lowton & Bennett (unjustly imo).

This chap slammed his fist down and shouted "What about *effing* Vlaar?" and went off on a rant.

I thought he had a bit of a point, too.

That is just Sod's Law.

Ron Vlaar has consistently been the only reliable defender, covering the multiple errors of others, but if Ron makes just one mistake, he gets slagged off !

That is just Sod's Law. Ron Vlaar has consistently been the only reliable defender, covering the multiple errors of others, but if Ron makes just one mistake, he gets slagged off !
Who mention one error ,, who slagged him offf. ? I just think he has been poor for three game. Sorry I should have put some stats to my post !

Vlaar is gone this summer

Vlaar is gone this summer

thanks for pissing on my Chips mate!

Yeah, may well have booked his ticket out of B6 tonight but, excuses aside, has not played like this for Villa.

^Yes he has. Night after night. With the help of Baker and Co... C´mon. Vlaar has been quality for us, right from the beginning. I´m very glad that people can see him play with decent players and not that excuse of a defense we possessed last season.

^Yes he has. Night after night. With the help of Baker and Co... C´mon. Vlaar has been quality for us, right from the beginning. I´m very glad that people can see him play with decent players and not that excuse of a defense we possessed last season.

Disagree. A few solid games aside, he hasn't been great and is no captain.