FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Milners Decline

Loyalvillan

I don't think his play has gone backward at all. Th difference between Milner at Villa and Milner at City is the surrounding talent. He was arguably our best player, so you notice him much more. At City, he's surrounding by better talent. He doesn't look as good when surrounded by players like David Silva, and not as much is expected of him either.

I think this is why some think Barry has fallen off as well. He's still the same player IMO, he just doesn't really stand out.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think his play has gone backward at all. Th difference between Milner at Villa and Milner at City is the surrounding talent. He was arguably our best player, so you notice him much more. At City, he's surrounding by better talent. He doesn't look as good when surrounded by players like David Silva, and not as much is expected of him either.

I think this is why some think Barry has fallen off as well. He's still the same player IMO, he just doesn't really stand out.

a lot of truth in that mate

To be honest at City hes also used on the wing more, same with England. Whereas for me, his best position will always be the centre of midfield. I said when he rejoined us that he just isn't a winger. His work rate, determination, ability to get stuck into a tackle but also pick out a quality pass makes him a perfect centre mid

mzjj.jpg

Milner wasted a talent going to Man City as he had serious potential and it was showing at Villa ! What fooked me off most about him was Newcastle never gave him the time of day but Villa did and they pretty much give him his shot at premier league footy and he sh*t on them at the earliest opportunity ! I hate modern day footballers.

I personally dont think Milner has gone backwards, for me its just a case of the spotlight isnt on him as much, at villa he was part of a dynamic attack that had alot of people talking, Milner, Young, Gabby, Carew a forward line that took alot by surprise...

at city he isnt one of the focal points of the conversation, not one of the best players like he was a villa, i dont think Milner himself has changed much at all, its just not as obvious.

as for the argument over them not being a integral part of the team, i seen a comment saying Gerrard was injured for half the season and still had better stats than barry so thats why he wasnt an important player... absolute rubbish! so many reasons thats a silly comment... First being that Gerrard plays Attacking midfield or as a 2nd striker, Barry plays defensive mid protecting the back line, the fact Gerrard had more of the ball in the final 3rd of pitch than any other player in that list shows that, Barry interestingly had more in the defensive 3rd than any other, pass success % barry wins by a country mile compared to Gerrard, Tackle Success also ends in barrys favour, simple stats like that cant compared midfielders that do vastly different jobs.

Comparing Gerrard to barry is about as useful as comparing a outright defender and a striker imo

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

England mobilise search and rescue team to find James Milner

James-Milner-missing.jpg

England manager Roy Hodgson has revealed that a search and rescue team is trying to identify the whereabouts of midfielder James Milner, who has been missing since June 11th.

Milner, who was last seen in the player’s tunnel seconds before the opening game of Englands Euro 2012 campaign against France, has been urged by Hodgson to make contact with the squad.

“I want James to know that no-one is angry with him, and we love him very much,” said Hodgson.

“Please, James, just ring, so we know you’re okay.”

England captain Steven Gerrard echoed Hodgson’s concerns for the Manchester City winger.

“When I’ve got the ball and I’m looking for an option I keep expecting to see him, but he’s not there,” he explained.

“If anyone knows where he is then please just pick up the phone and call the authorities.”

Milner sightings

There have been several reported sightings of Milner since he went missing, but none of these have been verified.

“Our hopes were raised when we received news that a group of men had been spotted running around aimlessly,” revealed England right back Glen Johnson.

“We thought that James could be among them, but it just turned out to be the Dutch team playing Portugal.”

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of James Milner, please contact the other ten England players on the pitch by shouting obscenities at your television.

Read more: http://newsthump.com/2012/06/20/england-mobilise-search-and-rescue-team-to-find-james-milner/#ixzz1yMelkkWo

lol funny read but still dont think he has done alot wrong tbh

might just be me tho, ive always been a fan of his, pre and post villa

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Archived