FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Paul Lambert Sacked (merged Topics)

lukedaw

Norwich fan in peace...

Obviously we're bitter you've taken our manager, and your supporters writing up a wish list of our best players is winding us up more. I'm not looking for an argument about it, for me personally i can understand it. We done the exact same to Colchester.

To start with, you are getting a top upcoming manager. Only time will tell whether or not he was ready to take the Villa job though.

First of all, Lambert's tactics. Only on one occasion last season did Lambert name the same starting 11 and formation two games running. Don't get me wrong, we're still in the Premier League, It worked for us. Despite this there were a number of occasions in which Lambert himself cost us points, not the players. Compare this to Brendan Rodgers who developed a particular way of playing at Swansea, common at most 'top' teams. Has he learnt enough yet?

Secondly, Lambert's transfers. I'll start by saying he hasn't really made a terrible signing for Norwich, even the worst have played there part. BUT there is a massive reason in why Lambert bought who he did, they've either worked with him previously or he's seen them play a number of times during his time in the lower leagues. The season just gone we signed 8 players who had been playing in the Championship the year previous and 2 who had been playing in League 1. I very much doubt this will be the road Villa are going down. Will he struggle?

Thirdly, player egos. Before the start of last season our player with the most premier league apps was Adam Drury, our LB that has been at the club 11 years. Very different to a few characters you have at Villa. This is something Lambert has never had to deal with. Will it work?

You've taken a gamble, Lambert's inexperienced at this level. 1 more season at Norwich would've shown if he's got what it takes. Right now It could go brilliantly well or it could go terribly wrong.

As Villa supporters what are you hoping for? Are you expecting instant success from Lambert? Or are you expecting him to be given time to rebuild Villa? A massive overhaul Or a few quality additions?

One thing though, his glum post match interviews will soon be driving you crazy lol! If you haven't worked this out from MOTD already!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwich fan in peace...

Obviously we're bitter you've taken our manager, and your supporters writing up a wish list of our best players is winding us up more. I'm not looking for an argument about it, for me personally i can understand it. We done the exact same to Colchester.

To start with, you are getting a top upcoming manager. Only time will tell whether or not he was ready to take the Villa job though.

First of all, Lambert's tactics. Only on one occasion last season did Lambert name the same starting 11 and formation two games running. Don't get me wrong, we're still in the Premier League, It worked for us. Despite this there were a number of occasions in which Lambert himself cost us points, not the players. Compare this to Brendan Rodgers who developed a particular way of playing at Swansea, common at most 'top' teams. Has he learnt enough yet?

Secondly, Lambert's transfers. I'll start by saying he hasn't really made a terrible signing for Norwich, even the worst have played there part. BUT there is a massive reason in why Lambert bought who he did, they've either worked with him previously or he's seen them play a number of times during his time in the lower leagues. The season just gone we signed 8 players who had been playing in the Championship the year previous and 2 who had been playing in League 1. I very much doubt this will be the road Villa are going down. Will he struggle?

Thirdly, player egos. Before the start of last season our player with the most premier league apps was Adam Drury, our LB that has been at the club 11 years. Very different to a few characters you have at Villa. This is something Lambert has never had to deal with. Will it work?

You've taken a gamble, Lambert's inexperienced at this level. 1 more season at Norwich would've shown if he's got what it takes. Right now It could go brilliantly well or it could go terribly wrong.

As Villa supporters what are you hoping for? Are you expecting instant success from Lambert? Or are you expecting him to be given time to rebuild Villa? A massive overhaul Or a few quality additions?

One thing though, his glum post match interviews will soon be driving you crazy lol! If you haven't worked this out from MOTD already!!

I think next season will be a season for Lambert to get his bearings and build his squad and a mid table finish would be satisfactory considering the past 2 seasons but then the following season IMO we should be making a push for Europa league and comfortably finishing in the top 7 or 8.

As for Lambert not playing the same squad very often IMO that's a good thing, teams don't get used to a way that the team plays and work out how to stop you and it helps with fatigue which was probably the contributing factor that stopped us from breaking the top 4 under o'neill.

As for ego's well i can't see that being too much of a problem after the last couple of seasons, I'm betting most of the squad have been sole destroyed by the sh*t they've had to put up with, plus most of our players are young lads who are very inexperienced.

We have gabby who has never been a problem

Bent who seems to just get on with things and deals with it on the pitch and although I'm not a fan of his you can't fault his proffessionalism.

The only player i could see being a problem is nzogbia but i am hoping we get rid and bring in someone better who will just get on with it.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

I guess only time will tell what the future has in store, but in terms of the objective which was to recruit a young, hungry and vibrant manager i think RL has covered all bases.

One season in, and he has exceeded the expectations of most Norwich supporters i would imagine.

He appears a great motivator of players and I think our young lads in particular can learn alot from his experiences and thrive under his methods.

We should also see Ireland and Zog in particular playing with more purpose about their play, given license to do what they do best because the manager will play to our strengths and potential, not holding us back as AM was accustomed to doing.

Transfer wise, i am confident he has enough knowledge and expertise to know what we are in need of, and if the transfer budget is to be believed, i feel that is enough, along with a few being moved on, to achieve a top half target.

Sorry for your loss, mate.

If it helps in any way, we know another Scot who'd jump at the chance to manage Norwich...

Most Villa fans are fairly realistic and aren't expecting miracles from Lambert but hope we'll see better football and that he will rebuild over time. We live in hope.

2426f5x.png

WOW.......been trolling the Norwich forums.....Boy are they pissed off. Several claiming they are bigger than us as a club....I posted one (in peace and as an observation) comment about worldwide fanbases....BOOM they freaking banned me... Them thar Farmers need to git orf them tracors and join the real world.

footnote:- A farmyard impression from Norfolk........." OOOIII.....Get orf tha fucin tractor"

Maybe that was the clincher....Norwich offered PL a new lawn-mower and RL upped the ante to a John Deere and a new combine? :whistling:

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

We'll pass on AM haha! Why the hell was he ever given the job!!

One thing I can promise Villa fans is attacking football.

Any players that don't pull there weight will soon be gone.. work ethic is everything with Lambert.

Another massive part of Lambert is Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa. (His backroom staff) They followed him from Wycombe to Colchester, Colchester to Norwich, now to Villa? Have you heard anything yet?

Lambert has continually told us how important Culverhouse is to him. He takes all the training sessions. He's continually on the touchline barking orders. Lambert also said recently how he never questions Culverhouse's judgment, if Culverhouse want's to change something in a game they go for it, there very much a 3 man team. Although Culverhouse is fancied by quite a few as the next Norwich manager, most think he'll follow Lambert.

An interesting stat for you all though.. we played the most long balls in the Premiership last season.

Archived