FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Paul Lambert Sacked (merged Topics)

lukedaw

Lambert is useless with big name players, he is a control freak and clueless when it comes to tactics .

Agree.

doesn't matter either if he had a tough job to do, we aren't whinging because we're not in Europe this year, we're whinging because the football was god awful with no passion or want. I think everyonefully appreciates the restrictions he worked under.

PL spent the same amount as Pulis this year too btw. Poyet is also another manager that's done a amazing job with not alot.

Lambert is tactically naive, not a leader and judging by the issues off the pitch (and also on) it not a good developer of football.....basics like pass and move, overlap, playing the triangles, work ethic etc etc etc......

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do think that some of you are way to harsh on Lambert, i know things haven't gone well but cut the guy some slack. Every single signing he had to make was a big gamble, not one of them had played at this level before. He has worked under the strict parameters set by Lerner. He has had to take a struggling experianced set of players and replace the lot on a budget. I see him slated because he won't play Bent.......the same Bent THREE different managers at Fulham have largely ignored this season.

People are now talking of Pulis as a managerial genius.....but if we had appointed him 2 years ago instead of Lambert the fans would have moaned like f*ck.

Every situation is different, if Pulis was appointed manager at a struggling club every season how often do you think he could repeat what he has just done ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, there was a thread when Lambert came here.... not that i can be arsed trying to find it, but i was in a small minority on here two summers ago when i raised concerns about the lack of experianced players we were signing.

Lambert has failed to move the club forward on the pitch but he has succeded in keeping us in this league while slashing the wage bill.

I really do think that some of you are way to harsh on Lambert, i know things haven't gone well but cut the guy some slack. Every single signing he had to make was a big gamble, not one of them had played at this level before. He has worked under the strict parameters set by Lerner. He has had to take a struggling experianced set of players and replace the lot on a budget. I see him slated because he won't play Bent.......the same Bent THREE different managers at Fulham have largely ignored this season. People are now talking of Pulis as a managerial genius.....but if we had appointed him 2 years ago instead of Lambert the fans would have moaned like f*ck. Every situation is different, if Pulis was appointed manager at a struggling club every season how often do you think he could repeat what he has just done ? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, there was a thread when Lambert came here.... not that i can be arsed trying to find it, but i was in a small minority on here two summers ago when i raised concerns about the lack of experianced players we were signing. Lambert has failed to move the club forward on the pitch but he has succeded in keeping us in this league while slashing the wage bill.
In part you are right,cutting wage bill,restrictions etc.As to the "gamble "he took on players,I'm quite sure they were well scouted and assessed prior to buying.Lambert found a gem in Teks,but alas the majority of the rest are awful.He is the sole person who decides whether they would add to his team building project.There's no case here of a higher body making those signings,there are ALL his,add his lack of motivation,and lack of decision making,inept ability to use his players wisely then out casting some,just because he's in charge,throw in the back room staff probs etc.......and its a recipe for disaster,He'll prob be a god somewhere else but I for one think its time for him to move on.Villa/Lambert just doesn't fit,as we have seen for 2 seasons.Problem is a new gaffa has got a whole load of crap to sort out and I believe he will still be in charge next year.

wZaXfsX.jpg

Sorry Dorset my PC won't let me quote.

Your right about Pulis, when he was at Stoke he managed a very mediocre performing side, renowned for their long ball and boring football style, and on that note he certainly wasnt on any of our shortlists. This year he has proven himself as a good Manager and been rewarded as such.

My comparison with him is that he has competed with PL on about the same level of transfer and wage bills, and achieved more.

Secondly, and more importantly, I am happy to admit I was wrong; I was one of those that had no complaints about a younger side at the beginning of this year.

At the end of last season I was full of hope after seeing the better performances under Lambert and didnt see the need for experienced players, despite the heated debates with my father about it. Hindsight is wonderful as you say.

I will however stick to my believes about Lamberts ability even under tight constraints, I just cannot see him turning Villa around now even with new owners and money to spend. It would be too much of a risk at such an important juncture for our club.

Maybe in a few years well look back on Lamberts time with a bit more clarity, maybe hell go on to achieve better things with someone else and prove some of us wrong.but as I say his time at Villa needs to come to an end.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Rufust and Norman.......i don't disagree with what either of you say.

He hasn't been able to move the club forward and it is probably for the best if a new owner comes in with a new manager.

Rufust and Norman.......i don't disagree with what either of you say. He hasn't been able to move the club forward and it is probably for the best if a new owner comes in with a new manager.
Unfortunately ,us,the faihful,will be the ones who suffer in the end along with our famous club.It is a case of we are in limbo,we will be the last to know what's going on and it worries me to say we may start the season as we have ended,none the wiser,in the exact same position.If Lambert is still here,we just need to hope,its 3rd time lucky and he finally gets us established as a mid table club instead of continuously looking over our shoulder.Then I"ll be quite happy to say he's a decent manager,until then I just can't see any change on the pitch at all.I don't actually care what's happening behind the scenes,I just want to watch some decent Footy from our side.Is that to much to ask?

wZaXfsX.jpg

rumour from celtic forum huddleboard

Lambert quits Villa....
For Celtic job?

My source at Villa says that Lambert has quit and is meeting with Randy Lerner today in the US to finalise his departure. He had a meeting with the entire 1st team squad yesterday which was seen a him saying goodbye before taking part in a friendly match with all the players that had the 'leaving do' air about it.

The suggestion seems to be that he has quit as he believes the Celtic job will be available this summer and wants to be in a position where he can take it if approached. Benefits of this are that Celtic wouldnt have to pay any compensation for his services and Lambert can get some time away from England to restore his reputation.

In transfer matters Delph is on his way out aswell & Marc Albrighton is on his way to Leicester.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

#18 report.gif
post_new.gif Today, 09:11
icon1.gifRe: Lambert quits Villa....
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddso88 viewpost.gif
Your sauce???????????
Member of the medical team boss. Have a search for the Benteke thread I posted a while back.

#5 report.gif
post_new.gif Today, 09:00
Hackiedoodle Thiustle CSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambobhoy viewpost.gif
Its probably a lot of p*ss, but hypothetically id be happy with that.
Me too.

Folk have been critical of Lambert, but I think him keeping Villa up this year (given the shite he's had to deal with internally) is a minor miracle.
quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif
#6 report.gif
post_new.gif Today, 09:02
Who fears to speak of Easter week?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly viewpost.gif
For Celtic job?

My source at Villa says that Lambert has quit and is meeting with Randy Lerner today in the US to finalise his departure. He had a meeting with the entire 1st team squad yesterday which was seen a him saying goodbye before taking part in a friendly match with all the players that had the 'leaving do' air about it.

The suggestion seems to be that he has quit as he believes the Celtic job will be available this summer and wants to be in a position where he can take it if approached. Benefits of this are that Celtic wouldnt have to pay any compensation for his services and Lambert can get some time away from England to restore his reputation.

In transfer matters Delph is on his way out aswell & Marc Albrighton is on his way to Leicester.
My source(me) says Lambert will not be appointed Celtic manager.
#7 report.gif
post_new.gif Today, 09:03
Coral Springs Easycore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bhoy viewpost.gif
Have you seen the football that Labert's Villa play? It's worse than Stoke FFS.
You have to appreciate the restraints he has had to work under at Villa. He has had no option but to play young players and keep a tight ship at the back. Him keeping them up, as Number 13 says, is some achievement.

I think Lenny has came to the end of his cycle, and Lambert would bring more tactical nous imo, something we lack.
#8 report.gif
post_new.gif Today, 09:03
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ the big hoose must stay open!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly viewpost.gif
For Celtic job?

Hate to be the sceptic but he's quitting his job on the belief that a job he's actively stated he wouldn't be interested in taking might become free?

Wouldn't mind Lambert but not sure I buy this one.
#9 report.gif
post_new.gif Today, 09:05
Starburst csc
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddso88 viewpost.gif
Your sauce???????????
His source works with villa and he has been spot on in the past