FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Darren Bent (Loan To Fulham)

LaVillain

In the right team bent is worth the 80k but at the villa he's not because we're trying to cut costs and the fact that we would have to build around him.

I've said loads that if we signed him when MON was in charge he would have been the final piece to the puzzle and I think we would have broke the top 4 and he would have got his 20 goals but in our squad now he'll never achieve it and will add very lIttle to the team unless we go out and but pretty much an entirely new midfield.

And on gabby I think it's very harsh to say he's that poor, he's definitely premiership quality and has just been suffering with form and the same thing bent has been, being in a shite team with shite tactics

Not sure how you can say he will never acheive 20 goals when he got 9 in 22 games this season.

The best stat is that we scored 8 goals in the 11 games since Bent was hurt. 31 goals in the 26 games Bent was around. That equates to a half a goal a game difference.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how you can say he will never acheive 20 goals when he got 9 in 22 games this season.

The best stat is that we scored 8 goals in the 11 games since Bent was hurt. 31 goals in the 26 games Bent was around. That equates to a half a goal a game difference.

That stat is irrelevant, one thing we all agree on is that bent doesn't create anything and he is a goal poacher and he's scored 9 goals this season and had 1 assist I think it is. He will never get his 20 goals because Lerner probably isn't going to put up the money to buy the supply chain. Nobody is saying he's not capable of it it's just not happening in our team and the money from him could be used to build a team but without selling him are we going to be given a significant amount of cash?? If not then we'll be in the same position next season where we have a goal scorer who has no supply.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

That stat is irrelevant, one thing we all agree on is that bent doesn't create anything and he is a goal poacher and he's scored 9 goals this season and had 1 assist I think it is. He will never get his 20 goals because Lerner probably isn't going to put up the money to buy the supply chain. Nobody is saying he's not capable of it it's just not happening in our team and the money from him could be used to build a team but without selling him are we going to be given a significant amount of cash?? If not then we'll be in the same position next season where we have a goal scorer who has no supply.

The stat from Raymond is far more relevant than your "9 goals, 1 assist" one. One of the reasons we scored more goals with Bent in the side is because he drags defenders with him when he doesn't have the ball. That opens up space for other players. He also inspires other players with confidence knowing that if they get the ball to him in the box, he's more than likely going to score.

A natural-born goalscorer like Bent is worth at least 80k a week to us. Look at what happened to Sunderland without him before MON arrived. Buying 3-4 average players in his place is not the answer.

When Bent hits the ground running how many goals has he scored look at the records, I agree he doesn't offer as much as other strikers do but as a goal scorer he gets 9/10. Gabby will score a few goals then go missing when you see him with chances he always looks like a rabbit caught in headlights! If AM wasnt so negative at home and gave Bent more supply we would of easily finished mid table by now.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

bent score 9 goals in 22 games and he gets knocked by skyba, gabby scores 5 in a full season and he is sliced bread. (laughable)

Instead if looking for my post an instantly slagging me or why not Try reading what I've wrote. Never one have I said gabby is the best thing since sliced bread all I've stated is he's capable of much more than he's showing and he's better for us in the future than Heskey.

Also I'm not knocking bent!! I've said he's a good player, all I'm saying a this moment in time with the squad as it is and bent needing a team built around him IMO it would be more wise to sell him because that 18-24m could be better spent elsewhere.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

and who the hell is going to spend 18/24 mill for him, not the top 6 teams, and none of the rest could afford it. or would want to spend it. therefore we are better off keeping him, its better than spending on average middle of the road players and cast offs.it only takes a little bit of common sense to see that surly.

and where did i slag you off? ive voiced an opinion thats all.

We can't sell our biggest asset, we've waited years for a goal scorer (I remember Ian Ormondroyd and Tony Cascarino). Teams around the world are all searching for a proven goal scorer, and Bent is a proven EPL scorer.

So why should'nt we look to buy players to complement Bent?, if we sell Bent we then need to find a goal scorer don't we?

Also who is to say any money raised from the sale of Bent would be reinvested on the team by RL?, he certainly did'nt reinvest the cash we received for AY or SD.

IMO we have to keep Bent else we have nothing.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

and who the hell is going to spend 18/24 mill for him, not the top 6 teams, and none of the rest could afford it. or would want to spend it. therefore we are better off keeping him, its better than spending on average middle of the road players and cast offs.it only takes a little bit of common sense to see that surly.

and where did i slag you off? ive voiced an opinion thats all.

Liverpool are apparently interested and if they want him I'm pretty sure they'd stump up the cash.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived