FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Darren Bent (Loan To Fulham)

LaVillain

Skyba, I know there isn't a great deal to be positve about after the season we have endured but it's rather pessimistic to think Bent won't get the supply next season. You seem to have forgotten that we have already signed Brett Holman, a hard-working, intelligent and versatile winger by all accounts. Admittedly, Holman has to prove himself in the premiership but I still think he looks like a great signing, considering the position we were in when he agreed to join us. Holman could easily be played in a central role behind Bent or maybe in central midfield in a 4-4-2, depending on where Gabby is deployed.

Of course there are no guarantees about Holman, or anything else, but at least the club seems to be addressing the problems in the supply chain - and the season's not even quite finished.

Have to agree Anne, Ashley Young and judas downing were a gamble on MON's behalf....look how that worked out...Holman looks good and could be the player that fits Bent . Problem is, If Holman comes good, how long before manure or citeh come knocking?

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree Anne, Ashley Young and judas downing were a gamble on MON's behalf....look how that worked out...Holman looks good and could be the player that fits Bent . Problem is, If Holman comes good, how long before manure or citeh come knocking?

I'm not saying Holman is going to light up the premiership and be snapped up by a 'top 4' club, LA. Let's worry about that later, shall we? LOL.

What I am saying is we've all moaned this season about the lack of attacking football and a lack of creativity. I just think, from what I have seen of Holman, that he could bring us something we've lacked of late. I am just glad he's signed and believe it could prove to have been a great move.

2426f5x.png

The thing is ...if Bent had been fit, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in....against Bolton, Bent would have scored at least one, against WBA, Bent would have beaten the keeper at least once, Please Skyba take your Gabby glasses off and realize he is not the striker we need....We need a goal poacher, and Bent is that player..

It's nothing to do with gabby I didn't even mention him!!! All I'm saying is there's no point in holding onto bent unless we're going to have the money to buy players who can get the ball to him.

I think people are getting me saying bent should be sold mixed up with me calling him crap but that's not the case, I'm looking at it in the way that money from his sale could give the us the base to rebuild but if he's not we might end up the same as we did this season with a goal scorer that gets no opportunity to score because of the rest of the team which makes him useless.

But as you mentioned gabby, you say without bent we wouldn't be in this position which in fairness is a total unknown, but what is known wihout gabby's form at the beginning of the season we would have been relegated as he scored 5 and created 7, i don't know how many of those 6 were for bent but i would put money on non of gabby's 5 being created by Bent.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

I'm not saying Holman is going to light up the premiership and be snapped up by a 'top 4' club, LA. Let's worry about that later, shall we? LOL.

What I am saying is we've all moaned this season about the lack of attacking football and a lack of creativity. I just think, from what I have seen of Holman, that he could bring us something we've lacked of late. I am just glad he's signed and believe it could prove to have been a great move.

I think that depends on who is in charge at the start of next season.......AM got Stevens.....A great prospect,but never played him once,despite all the problems we had at the back. Holman could end up the same if mactit stays in charge......We have some great players up and coming...IF given the chance....Grumpy Fergie and Arseole blood these type of players....AM seems not to..

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

As i have said before we should sell Bent and buy Defoe as Defoe is a better all round footballer as he can score from outside the box etc.

Get well soon Petrov

I think that depends on who is in charge at the start of next season.......AM got Stevens.....A great prospect,but never played him once,despite all the problems we had at the back. Holman could end up the same if mactit stays in charge......We have some great players up and coming...IF given the chance....Grumpy Fergie and Arseole iner blood these type of players....AM seems not to..

Agreed that McLeish hasn't gotten the best out of some of the attacking players in our current squad and that it was weird that Stevens didn't get a start. However, it was said from the off that he was unlikely to be in the first team this season. I'm not sure why, given Warnock's generally under-par performances. Here's hoping we have a decent new manager in place soon.

2426f5x.png

It's nothing to do with gabby I didn't even mention him!!! All I'm saying is there's no point in holding onto bent unless we're going to have the money to buy players who can get the ball to him.

I think people are getting me saying bent should be sold mixed up with me calling him crap but that's not the case, I'm looking at it in the way that money from his sale could give the us the base to rebuild but if he's not we might end up the same as we did this season with a goal scorer that gets no opportunity to score because of the rest of the team which makes him useless.

But as you mentioned gabby, you say without bent we wouldn't be in this position which in fairness is a total unknown, but what is known wihout gabby's form at the beginning of the season we would have been relegated as he scored 5 and created 7, i don't know how many of those 6 were for bent but i would put money on non of gabby's 5 being created by Bent.

Well if Gabbys that good......why are we in the predicament we find ourselves in......I'm not saying Gabby is useless......He's just not the player you make him out to be.....He looked great at times for us...but in another team, he would be just another has been....aka Charlie Adams......

Also Bent scored 11 goals, Wiemann scored 2 and only played 5 games.......your arguement for Gabby , who has started 30-odd games ,holds no water....take off your Gabby glasses and see the player for what he has become....A middle of the road, average player, sure Villa through and through...AKA Fenton,and Hendrie..both were praised up,but came up with nothing...Gabby is going down that path... Sorry if you Gabby fans don't agree....but thats how it is!

As i have said before we should sell Bent and buy Defoe as Defoe is a better all round footballer as he can score from outside the box etc.

This

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Spurs put a very ambitious £20 million price tag on him in January, which they will struggle to get. It's no secret Defoe is very frustrated and deflated at the lack of first team football so, as much as he professes to love Spurs, a move is quite probable. If I were in charge at Villa, I'd definitely be looking into a loan deal for Defoe.

2426f5x.png

Well if Gabbys that good......why are we in the predicament we find ourselves in......I'm not saying Gabby is useless......He's just not the player you make him out to be.....He looked great at times for us...but in another team, he would be just another has been....aka Charlie Adams......

Also Bent scored 11 goals, Wiemann scored 2 and only played 5 games.......your arguement for Gabby , who has started 30-odd games ,holds no water....take off your Gabby glasses and see the player for what he has become....A middle of the road, average player, sure Villa through and through...AKA Fenton,and Hendrie..both were praised up,but came up with nothing...Gabby is going down that path... Sorry if you Gabby fans don't agree....but thats how it is!

Sorry but when have I ever said gabby is any more than an average player and at the moment we are and will for some time be a below average team.

This whole take of your gabby glasses bollocks has arisen from AK making out I think he's some sort of god but if you actually read my comments I've never said this at all.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived