FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Darren Bent (Loan To Fulham)

LaVillain

Are you trying to say Bent doesnt score other then penalties? Gabby would have a hard job putting the ball on the spot dont you think

Not saying he doesn't score anything other than pens. I will say he doesn't score anything other than pens and tap ins though.

And LA i do think the pen point does hold some credence as a player could score 30 goals in a season and they could all have been from penalties won from other players this does not mean they are a 30 goal a season player.

I just still don't think that if Lerner is not selling up bent won't have a cat in hells chance of being provided with wingers who can supply him with the service he needs and he'll be rendered utterly useless if this is the case.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying he doesn't score anything other than pens. I will say he doesn't score anything other than pens and tap ins though.

And LA i do think the pen point does hold some credence as a player could score 30 goals in a season and they could all have been from penalties won from other players this does not mean they are a 30 goal a season player.

I just still don't think that if Lerner is not selling up bent won't have a cat in hells chance of being provided with wingers who can supply him with the service he needs and he'll be rendered utterly useless if this is the case.

Ok ,So in your world,a player that scores from a penalty, that goal should be attributed to the player who commited the foul and gave away the penalty, or the player who was actually won the penalty....Therefore Ashley Young is this seasons leading scorer and if its a hand ball penalty, is that goal credited to the defender and classed as an own goal?

I agree that we need to get players who can provide Bent with the service he needs.....If those players are not forthcoming.. Gabby is NOT the answer...Simple

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Ok ,So in your world,a player that scores from a penalty, that goal should be attributed to the player who commited the foul and gave away the penalty, or the player who was actually won the penalty....Therefore Ashley Young is this seasons leading scorer and if its a hand ball penalty, is that goal credited to the defender and classed as an own goal?

I agree that we need to get players who can provide Bent with the service he needs.....If those players are not forthcoming.. Gabby is NOT the answer...Simple

Your argument on the pens is a bit silly really. It's not about WHO the goal should be given to but it's the fact that a players quality cannot really be assessed by how many pens he's scored.

Look at it this way, say in the summer we're signing some Complete unknown, then someone pops up with the stat, last season he played 32 games and scored 30 times. How bleedy excited would you be??? Then if someone else came and dropped the bombshell that 28 of those goals were from the penalty spot!!! Your enthusiasm would be dampened and you'd be wanting to know more about what else this player can do because penalties let you know nothing about a player other than he can score from the spot.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

In gabby's best seasons he's consistently got 12-14 goals. Just saying.

Also you've answered your question as to why we should get rid, he hasn't had the supply!!! And can you see him getting the supply?? And if he gets the supply do you see him staying or would he jump ship like the rest??

I think if gabby gets back to form with a player next to him who is also a goal scorer but not at £24m (and before people jump on the add ons bit, if he stays he will reach these goals I'm guessing) at least we'll have a villa lad playing in our squad making us a better team who won't jump ship and upset the apple cart yet again

Its a little negative to think he wont ever get the supply here ever again dont you think?

And i wasnt too far off about Gabby - LA is right, in his best seasons hes got 12-14 in ALL competitions, Bent can easily score 20 in the Premiership alone

We cant just sell off players willy nilly just because we "might" not get in players to supply him, thats all hypothetical. Wait to see what the summer brings and if Lerner invests/sells up and there is investment in the playing squad then he'll have the supply

mzjj.jpg

Your argument on the pens is a bit silly really. It's not about WHO the goal should be given to but it's the fact that a players quality cannot really be assessed by how many pens he's scored.

Look at it this way, say in the summer we're signing some Complete unknown, then someone pops up with the stat, last season he played 32 games and scored 30 times. How bleedy excited would you be??? Then if someone else came and dropped the bombshell that 28 of those goals were from the penalty spot!!! Your enthusiasm would be dampened and you'd be wanting to know more about what else this player can do because penalties let you know nothing about a player other than he can score from the spot.

Actually your arguement is a little silly......Are you saying that Wayne Rooney,RVP,Christian Ronaldo etc are mediocre players? Because a lot of those players score a lot of their totals from the spot. I may be wrong but I believe Messi is the penalty taker for Barcelona...does that make them mediocre players....At the end of the day a goal is a goal,no matter if it comes from the spot or open play.Bent has scored some class goals...You dont remember his first for us? As for signing a player who scored 28 penalties in a season...I'd snap him up in a heartbeat...because it means we signed him from Man Utd.. :thumbup:

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

If we get the ball into the area and he scores every game whats the problem? If he just stood there all game in the same spot but still scored id be chuffed to be honest!

mzjj.jpg

Its a little negative to think he wont ever get the supply here ever again dont you think?

And i wasnt too far off about Gabby - LA is right, in his best seasons hes got 12-14 in ALL competitions, Bent can easily score 20 in the Premiership alone

We cant just sell off players willy nilly just because we "might" not get in players to supply him, thats all hypothetical. Wait to see what the summer brings and if Lerner invests/sells up and there is investment in the playing squad then he'll have the supply

You've just argued agains your own argument in the same post lol.

Yes it's all hypothetical but that's why I have said numerous times, IF Lerner is going to invest and provide a supply line for bent he must stay, if there's no money again he has to go to create funds to rebuild some sort of team. If He's not investing and he's not allowing cash from transfers out to be spent well then we're fucked.

Non of us know what's going to happen that's why I've said what scenario I would want bent sold in and what one he should be kept in but I think some want to keep him regardless.

Here's a random metaphor that I feel explains it.

If you have a Ferrari parked up at home but you only have enough cash to put 20 miles worth of petrol in and you work 30 miles away you sell the Ferrari and buy yourself a nice BMW or Audi and keep some cash for other things, otherwise you'll lose it all because you cant get to work.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

You've just argued agains your own argument in the same post lol.

Yes it's all hypothetical but that's why I have said numerous times, IF Lerner is going to invest and provide a supply line for bent he must stay, if there's no money again he has to go to create funds to rebuild some sort of team. If He's not investing and he's not allowing cash from transfers out to be spent well then we're fucked.

Non of us know what's going to happen that's why I've said what scenario I would want bent sold in and what one he should be kept in but I think some want to keep him regardless.

Here's a random metaphor that I feel explains it.

If you have a Ferrari parked up at home but you only have enough cash to put 20 miles worth of petrol in and you work 30 miles away you sell the Ferrari and buy yourself a nice BMW or Audi and keep some cash for other things, otherwise you'll lose it all because you cant get to work.

Nahhhhhhhh put a bike on the roof...drive 20 miles to work, bike the other 10, earn money, keep job, keep ferrari... :thumbup:

The thing is ...if Bent had been fit, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in....against Bolton, Bent would have scored at least one, against WBA, Bent would have beaten the keeper at least once, Please Skyba take your Gabby glasses off and realize he is not the striker we need....We need a goal poacher, and Bent is that player..

In gabby's best seasons he's consistently got 12-14 goals. Just saying.

Also you've answered your question as to why we should get rid, he hasn't had the supply!!! And can you see him getting the supply?? And if he gets the supply do you see him staying or would he jump ship like the rest??

I think if gabby gets back to form with a player next to him who is also a goal scorer but not at £24m (and before people jump on the add ons bit, if he stays he will reach these goals I'm guessing) at least we'll have a villa lad playing in our squad making us a better team who won't jump ship and upset the apple cart yet again

Skyba, I know there isn't a great deal to be positve about after the season we have endured but it's rather pessimistic to think Bent won't get the supply next season. You seem to have forgotten that we have already signed Brett Holman, a hard-working, intelligent and versatile winger by all accounts. Admittedly, Holman has to prove himself in the premiership but I still think he looks like a great signing, considering the position we were in when he agreed to join us. Holman could easily be played in a central role behind Bent or maybe in central midfield in a 4-4-2, depending on where Gabby is deployed.

Of course there are no guarantees about Holman, or anything else, but at least the club seems to be addressing the problems in the supply chain - and the season's not even quite finished.

2426f5x.png

Archived