Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

West Brom 0 Aston Villa 0

197 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I have to agree with you Luke

2-1 Villa, dont ask how

prayer mats out for this one

COME ON VILLA

WE CAN DO IT

Can't see nothing else but another loss. wba 3 - 1 villa

I'm hoping for a miracle and we actually play as a team and get a result, but seeing as this hasn't happened for a few weeks now, I can only see a WBA win. The usual crap of we dominate for at least 25/35 minutes without taking a decent lead, then go to crap for the remainder of the game and concede goals.

Come on Villa show some spirit and get us out of this crap Mactit has got us into.

I don't know about everyone else but I'd take another draw, the hawthorns is simply a hard place to go.

Hopefull dunne will be back and raring. We have missed him hugely. Some people thought we would be better off without him. We have been a shambles all season but we were ten time better off with him.

Can't see us getting a win here to be honest. I would be happy with a draw.

Hopefully Dunne is fit, and can rally the lads for this one. If ever we've needed a leader like him it is now!

Don't know why but again I'm going for a Villa win :s. Think it is blind faith more than any sort of expectation though.

Losing isnt an option and McLeish should make this perfectly clear to them. I want AM out as much as the next man but at this moment in time our survival means more than that Ginger Tw*t.

As Karl said, right now we need a leader, so Richard Dunne coming back would be HUGE. Personally I would go with the following 11:

GIVEN

LICHAJ -- COLLINS -- DUNNE -- CUELLAR

GARDNER -- WARNOCK

N'ZOGBIA -- IRELAND -- AGBONLAHOR

HESKEY

Ive gone with this as I believe Warnock did well in center midfield last night, but i think Herd goes missing to much.

Ive gone with pace on both the wings so hopefully with Heskey holding up the ball for those two, it could benifit us. No Weimann either as I believe right now we need experience.

Dunne is out im afraid, he is hopeful on returning against Spurs

Given

Hutton Cuellar Collins Lichaj

Herd Warnock

N'zogbia Ireland Gabby

Heskey

That is what i would play

I thought they said he could be back this weekend?

Also.. Why do people constantly stick with Herd? Last night he left us so exposed at times..

Just seen his interview on SSN and they said he will hopefully be back for Spurs mate

Herd was sent off against them last time and im sure will be up for this, although last night he was pretty poor in the 2nd half

Ive noticed a lot - Herd is there to do the Petrov type job - protect the back four etc. Yet there is always a MASSIVE gap between the midfield and defence - they always look exposed.

The only reason i think Herd is playing is because we lack bite in midfield which is why i seen Warnock playing CM and said to my mate he will play well there, same with Herd as we need his battling as Bannan wont battle and go into tackles also Gardner although he looks good i still have doubts whether he can produce just yet

Also when is Jenas back as he would be a massive help

The only reason i think Herd is playing is because we lack bite in midfield which is why i seen Warnock playing CM and said to my mate he will play well there, same with Herd as we need his battling as Bannan wont battle and go into tackles also Gardner although he looks good i still have doubts whether he can produce just yet

Also when is Jenas back as he would be a massive help

I dont think he will be back mate....pretty sure he injury was season ending. Even if he could come back it would only be for 2 of the matches and hes not played since January....how much help would he really be?

I see most have thrown out the old saying "Form goes out the window for a derby" which is still true regardless of how poor we have been. That being said WBA have been playing good football and will be coming off a massive 1-0 at Anfield..... I would bite someones hand off for a point....

Ive noticed a lot - Herd is there to do the Petrov type job - protect the back four etc. Yet there is always a MASSIVE gap between the midfield and defence - they always look exposed.

There is a massive gap because the defense sinks back too far. Herd has to push forward when we have the ball, and it is the center backs job to push up when the rest of the squad does. When is the last time you saw our CB standing anywhere close to the center circle?

I like Herd. He makes good tackles, reads the game well, and seems to give his all.

I dont think he will be back mate....pretty sure he injury was season ending. Even if he could come back it would only be for 2 of the matches and hes not played since January....how much help would he really be?

I see most have thrown out the old saying "Form goes out the window for a derby" which is still true regardless of how poor we have been. That being said WBA have been playing good football and will be coming off a massive 1-0 at Anfield..... I would bite someones hand off for a point....

Iv heard he would be back before the end of the season and even if he played against Norwich he would be a big help as he is better then what we have

Not a chance will we get anything from this game.

West Brom will love putting one of the final nails in our PL coffin.

Not a chance will we get anything from this game.

West Brom will love putting one of the final nails in our PL coffin.

This 100%

Just pray, because we need points from somewhere and this game is no harder or easier than the other 2 we have left.