FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Villa Manager - Thread 1

avstu

New Signings  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings do you think Martin O'Neill will make between now and the close of the transfer window?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more

Just had a read of the rags and in the daily star they are reporting that AM may be heading an overhaul again in the summer, as RL is apparently looking to bring in a new sports director.

Also mentions that he is looking for investment to attract a high profile candidate(s)...?

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no! not Martinez again I almost was on verge of tears when I heard we approached him back in the summer and jumped in the air when I heard he turned us down. Lambert or Rodgers for the job no one else. Well if can hold of Mourhino!

I HATE COV,

FROM RAISING OUR HOPES.... TO DESTROYING OUR CLUB = RANDY LERNER

Just had a read of the rags and in the daily star they are reporting that AM may be heading an overhaul again in the summer, as RL is apparently looking to bring in a new sports director.

Also mentions that he is looking for investment to attract a high profile candidate(s)...?

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!

Randy is someone who plays his cards very close to his chest. Not a chance he would give anything away to the media let alone a rag like the Daily star!

POUNTNEY

Oh no! not Martinez again I almost was on verge of tears when I heard we approached him back in the summer and jumped in the air when I heard he turned us down. Lambert or Rodgers for the job no one else. Well if can hold of Mourhino!

How would you feel about Moyes?, he would be my first choice.

I know it may be difficult BUT it all depends on RL's future plans, if he reinvested then he could sell the club to Moyes. If he's planning to carry on down this same road then it will be difficult to attract any half decent manager.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Randy is someone who plays his cards very close to his chest. Not a chance he would give anything away to the media let alone a rag like the Daily star!

I agree the paper is a rag, but right now I'll grab for any piece of news which suggests AM is on the way out.

I'm going to be controversial and suggest the blues current boss, Chris Hughton!!!!!!!!

He's a young manager who has taken the rubbish left by AM, been forced to sell the best players in the squad, and s still threating to get them promoted. I said last summer that we should have kept GH on as director of football and brought in CH as manager and i stand by it. by keeping GH we wouldn't have had to pay him off and we would have retained his contacts and by bringing in CH we would have brought in a man with something to prove, i felt he was shafted by the geordies, and he's proven he can get the best out of limited players.

I absolutely second this!

mzjj.jpg

Positive signs that any paper is even printing that McLiesh could be getting the boot.

For me the next manager has to be one of the following..... Rafa (doubt it) Moyes (won't happen) lambert (50/50 IMO) Ole? Can't comment but he's young and would be hungry but won't happen.

If AM is sacked, which he should be, the next manager all depends, as some one said, what ever RL future plans are.

I'm going to be controversial and suggest the blues current boss, Chris Hughton!!!!!!!!

He's a young manager who has taken the rubbish left by AM, been forced to sell the best players in the squad, and s still threating to get them promoted. I said last summer that we should have kept GH on as director of football and brought in CH as manager and i stand by it. by keeping GH we wouldn't have had to pay him off and we would have retained his contacts and by bringing in CH we would have brought in a man with something to prove, i felt he was shafted by the geordies, and he's proven he can get the best out of limited players.

Absolutely agree with the GH statement he WAS turning the club round, and as director of football a young manager could have been brought on, and certainly would not have disagreed with CH, certainly doing the business.

Archived