FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Villa Manager - Thread 1

avstu

New Signings  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings do you think Martin O'Neill will make between now and the close of the transfer window?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benitez - 8/1 - NO - Rubbish at buing players, won CL with GH's team and made it worse every year with the players he bought, except Ft for a year of course

Curbishley - 10/1 - NO - Never done anything outside charlton and i think he's too comfortable as a pundit to even think about managing again

MacDonald - 12/1 - NO - Maybe assistant manager but his time as assistant to stan for Ireland convinced me he is youth manger and nothing else

Solksjaer - 12/1 - Yes - Huge potential, plays attacking football and seems to understand the game

Martinez - 12/1 - NO - Wigan are at a standstill, buys are a real mixed bag and doesn't seem to understand defence at all

Bruce - 12/1 - NO - seems to have lost his knack to man manage, likes spending money too much to come here

Moyes - 14/1 - Yes, but not a prayer he'll come

McCarthy - 14/1 - No, but he's far from being the worst manager on the list, unfortunately

Lambert - 14/1 - Yes - showing real promise but will he come, i think he'll stay at Norwich for at least 1 more year

Rodgers - 16/1 - NO - not convinced by him, he'll probaly jump at any chance to get out of swansea cos they've no money and few fans, only a matter of time before they gop back down.

Keane - 12/1 - NO F*****G WAY - probably the worst manager in the game at the moment, every player who has ever played for him hates him.

How about Mr Bean........he has more understanding about the game than Mactit

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Pretty sure a page or 2 back there is a similar thread..... not to sure why we are discussing it as there is not even a HINT of him being sacked by the club..... if we have stuck with him this long.....he will be around till next season....simples :)

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

Rich villan

I agree with 90% , however your not convinced by Rodgers made me chuckle,, he has in 2 seasons with a team worth 17 mill, got promoted out championship first attempt , kept them mid table most of the season with smallest squad in the premier league,

And can we all not remember the 2-0 master class on how to keep the ball on the floor and play good attacking football , and made us look ordinary,,

He has been blooded at Chelsea in there successful years,

He would jump at the chance to manage us and would put his heart and sole into the job,,

They beat man city and took points off all top 6 at home,,,

The rest of ur list is good but they won't come,,

But we could always keep mcshite, and let him waste the little money that will be available on crap,,,

I'm going to be controversial and suggest the blues current boss, Chris Hughton!!!!!!!!

He's a young manager who has taken the rubbish left by AM, been forced to sell the best players in the squad, and s still threating to get them promoted. I said last summer that we should have kept GH on as director of football and brought in CH as manager and i stand by it. by keeping GH we wouldn't have had to pay him off and we would have retained his contacts and by bringing in CH we would have brought in a man with something to prove, i felt he was shafted by the geordies, and he's proven he can get the best out of limited players.

Rich villan

I agree with 90% , however your not convinced by Rodgers made me chuckle,, he has in 2 seasons with a team worth 17 mill, got promoted out championship first attempt , kept them mid table most of the season with smallest squad in the premier league,

And can we all not remember the 2-0 master class on how to keep the ball on the floor and play good attacking football , and made us look ordinary,,

He has been blooded at Chelsea in there successful years,

He would jump at the chance to manage us and would put his heart and sole into the job,,

They beat man city and took points off all top 6 at home,,,

The rest of ur list is good but they won't come,,

But we could always keep mcshite, and let him waste the little money that will be available on crap,,,

I wanted to keep the post as short as i could so i didn't go into detail.

What i mean by not being convinced is that everything has gone well for him at swansea, he's never had to pick the team up afetr a really bad run. when he was at reading they were rubbish and he couldn't turn it around and ended up getting the axe.

remember phil brown at hull, he was the darling of the media but a couple of bad results and he lost it with the team at half time and kept them on the pitch. The team never looked the same again. I'm not saying Rodgers is the same as Brown but he hasn't had to face a serious problem yet and until he does and comes through the other side i won't be convinced.

I like a manager comes on the touchline with a tracksuit on, I like to idea of the boss going on training ground and saying "Now this how it should be done" you can't see people like Houllier or McLeish putting a tracksuit and giving some advice and demonstrations on the training ground. Nearly all our top manager's were tracksuited men John Gregory and Martin O'Neill did good job's. Taylor, O'Leary, Houllier and McLeish suit men didn't.

3420063194.jpg

Graham Taylor didnt do a good job?......sometimes I despair of people on this site!

POUNTNEY

Graham Taylor didnt do a good job?......sometimes I dispair of people on this site!

Norwich play good football and Lambert knows about tactics .The obvious choice really but we dont know what Randy intends to do. Sell the club, or sack Mccleish (and hopefully Faulkner) would be the popular option and then reinvest.

Remember he found 18mil to buy Bent that was a shock.

So he could do almost anything and I suspect he will shock us again!

POUNTNEY

Archived