FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Villa Manager - Thread 1

avstu

New Signings  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings do you think Martin O'Neill will make between now and the close of the transfer window?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more

It has been brought to my attention today that there are currently two bookmakers already offering odds on the next Villa manager, even though we already have one.

This could be nothing, but makes you wonder if the bookies know something we dont?

Here are the top from both bookmakers:

Victor Chandler -

Benitez - 8/1

Curbishley - 10/1

MacDonald - 12/1

Solksjaer - 12/1

Martinez - 12/1

Bruce - 12/1

Moyes - 14/1

McCarthy - 14/1

Lambert - 14/1

Rodgers - 16/1

Stan James -

Benitez - 3/1

Curbishley - 6/1

Bruce - 8/1

MacDonald - 10/1

Solksjaer - 10/1

Martinez - 10/1

Moyes - 10/1

McCarthy - 12/1

Lambert - 12/1

Keane - 12/1

Possibly not the best of names but then again I believe there are some hidden gems in there.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is another of Sir Alex's former players but instead of jumping straight into a top club he went to his home nation were he thought he would make a name for himself before testing himself in one of Europes top leagues.

He went on to win the Norweigen Premier League with Molde with a 60% win rate.

The other names that interest me are both Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers who I personally believe would both consider moving to Villa from there clubs as long as we approached them in the Summer.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the current situaton at Villa surronding our finances and RL's ownership, what makes you think Rodgers or Lambert would leave secure jobs to take over at Villa?

Reading that back makes me sad, that i doubt Villa could attract the manager of Swansea or Norwich, how far we have fallen.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

I personally dont get the big thing about Martinez. He has brought a hell of a lot of crap at Wigan and in his three years at the club they havent improved.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Here are the top from both bookmakers:

Victor Chandler -

Benitez - 8/1 YES

Curbishley - 10/1 YES

MacDonald - 12/1 NO

Solksjaer - 12/1 NO

Martinez - 12/1 NO

Bruce - 12/1 NO

Moyes - 14/1 YES

McCarthy - 14/1 NO

Lambert - 14/1 YES

Rodgers - 16/1 YES

My comments next to the managers name.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

I'd take Benitez, Lambert or rogers but the rest can go screw.

Saying that. I wouldnt be disappointed with MacDonald being given the job as he has a good relationship with the kids

mzjj.jpg

Oh dear, some frightening prospects in there...Definite no to Big Mick and Bruce from me. Few others I'm not sure about. Wonder what the odds are on McLeish staying?

2426f5x.png

Archived