FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Summer transfer talk

Maca-AVFC

With the premier league only 10 games away from the finishing I am hearing allot of villa fans say who they would like to see at the villa next season. Fulham Russian striker has been mentioned alot.

Who would you like to see at Villa Park next seoson?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always been a massive fan of Clint Dempsey as I said to you yesterday when the game was on. I reakon Fulham would let him go for around £8M and I believe we would get a good 4 years out of him - he will always give us 100%.

We need to be looking at strenghening the back four aswell but I am not sure who would be available. Would be nice if we could find the next Mellberg!

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Dempsey would be great but I imagine there'll be quite a lot of interest in him. What about big Sigurdsson from Swansea? He's young and wouldn't be overly expensive and I have a feeling our spending will be limited. Drenthe? He's an attacking player but there are 'issues' with him, I know.

2426f5x.png

I think we have a bigger budget than people think. AM has stated there is a budget as long as we stay within our wage budget.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Yes it has, and it will be a hell of a lot more in the summer to.

Brad Guzan (Approx 20k), Emile Heskey (55k), Carlos Cuellar (50k) are all out of contract. We have offered both Cuellar and Guzan new deals but I would put money on them not being offered what they are currently on.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived