FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Barclay's Premier League Talk - 2012/13

Peever

How many times did they say "Maybe this will push us to goal-line technology." on the evening show tonight? How many times will they say it before they realize that reason has no chance in the face of "tradition?"

I didn't see any of the football shows this evening, Ray.

As a ref myself, I'm not opposed to goal-line technology at all but don't think we can count on it entirely: it won't be installed for financial reasons in the lower leagues and Infantino has said it won't be used in the Champions' League or for Europa League even if it's approved in July by the IFAB.

2426f5x.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see any of the football shows this evening, Ray.

As a ref myself, I'm not opposed to goal-line technology at all but don't think we can count on it entirely: it won't be installed for financial reasons in the lower leagues and Infantino has said it won't be used in the Champions' League or for Europa League even if it's approved in July by the IFAB.

It'll end up in league football and then world and European football will be forced to follow suit:

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

It'll end up in league football and then world and European football will be forced to follow suit:

Eventually, probably, but not as soon as some would like to see it.

I won't be counting on the assistance of goal-line technology at Hackney Marshes next season.

2426f5x.png

Seen this a few times now. My thoughts are that if the uprights (goal posts) were not leaning backwards the ball would have looked more over the line. However I think the right decision was made and poor old Judas Downing only picked up a losers medal...what a shame!

I dont think all of the ball crossed all of the line, there is a camera shot from along the touchline when Cech touched the ball and you are unable to see the whole of the ball or even a gap between post and ball.

in these circumstances the benefit of the doubt should be with the defending team!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

from what i seen on tv the ball wasnt over the line, and the rule as you all know is that the whole of the ball must be over the line, so tough luck downing you piece of belly draught.

I cant really say, certain angles look like it did, others didn't....all the more reason for goal-line technology, I 'm sure if it was us in the final,and Bent had wheeled away celebrating (like Carrol) claiming it had crossed the line, we would all be in agreement.

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

I cant really say, certain angles look like it did, others didn't....all the more reason for goal-line technology, I 'm sure if it was us in the final,and Bent had wheeled away celebrating (like Carrol) claiming it had crossed the line, we would all be in agreement.

No, no, no: we'd be calling for the game to be replayed at a later date, such is our sense of fair play...

Tough call but I think it was the right one. Carroll got carried away with himself and celebrated too early. He should have finished the job.

2426f5x.png

He should have finished the job.

Thats what she said..............................I thank you!!!!

chinated.gif soccer90x90.gif funny_soccer.gif

when your up to your nuts in alligators...It's hard to concentrate and remember your initial task was to drain the swamp

Thats what she said..............................I thank you!!!!

LOL. If I had my way, thugs like Carroll wouldn't have jobs with premier league clubs.

2426f5x.png

Archived