Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 4

170 posts in this topic

Lol.

Dont think this will be as much of a hiding but a loss all the same

Cant see us winning this one. 3-0 Chelsea with Torres scoring! Hope Villa win but cant see it.

Cant see us winning this one. 3-0 Chelsea with Torres scoring! Hope Villa win but cant see it.

With a lineup like we had against Arsenal, it's no chance. If we play someone like Weimann, then maybe we can steal a point or more. He brings an energy that we need.

I really hope AM doesn't play to draw like we did against City. It won't work and it's not worth it. Forget experience, run the kids out there. It will get the fans behind the club.

With a lineup like we had against Arsenal, it's no chance. If we play someone like Weimann, then maybe we can steal a point or more. He brings an energy that we need.

I really hope AM doesn't play to draw like we did against City. It won't work and it's not worth it. Forget experience, run the kids out there. It will get the fans behind the club.

HAS TO PLAY GG, AW , EL even give sammi Carruthers a run out ,, it cant be no worse can it ? im 46 ,17 stone but would look no different on there than EH ,,

We have a great opportunity right now to play a mix of youth and experience, if our manager had an ounce of imagination then Daniel Johnson would get a run, Samir Carruthers too. Weimann would start, Heskey would stay at home, and we would attack for 90 minutes and win lose or draw the fans would be content that experimentation is needed.

McLeish has favourites and it isn't based on performance, Heskey is so clearly utterly useless yet he still gets starts, Albrighton should be benched for 60 minutes and play the last half hour to change the dynamic and see how he does as an impact player against a tired LB, Weimann should be stood on that center circle at kick off, Gardner should start, Carruthers and Johnson should start getting time on the pitch, it's ridiculous that it's all taking so long especially when we're so drastically underperforming and with key players out injured. I can't imagine many other managers being so unimaginative, we HAVE to change things up, it's not a luxury anymore to have talented players in reserve, it's a necessity, and this pr*ck needs to understand our current squad are playing like amateurs.

I agree with other post's, It isnt going to be a hiding, but with Chelski pushing for the CL spot and AM being scared of the bigger clubs sorry guys,only 1 result...3 points for them.

We have a great opportunity right now to play a mix of youth and experience, if our manager had an ounce of imagination then Daniel Johnson would get a run, Samir Carruthers too. Weimann would start, Heskey would stay at home, and we would attack for 90 minutes and win lose or draw the fans would be content that experimentation is needed.

McLeish has favourites and it isn't based on performance, Heskey is so clearly utterly useless yet he still gets starts, Albrighton should be benched for 60 minutes and play the last half hour to change the dynamic and see how he does as an impact player against a tired LB, Weimann should be stood on that center circle at kick off, Gardner should start, Carruthers and Johnson should start getting time on the pitch, it's ridiculous that it's all taking so long especially when we're so drastically underperforming and with key players out injured. I can't imagine many other managers being so unimaginative, we HAVE to change things up, it's not a luxury anymore to have talented players in reserve, it's a necessity, and this pr*ck needs to understand our current squad are playing like amateurs.

I can,t disagree with any of that, nice one Sacro,

i imagine "we have to be realistic" about this, after all it is that great top 4 side Chelski --so it would be "unrealistic" of us fans to expect too much!!

in which case i,d sooner be" unrealistic" and happy to pay to watch the likes of G.G Daniel. Johnson, Samir Carruthers,Eric Lichaj, Herdy and definately Andreas Weimann starting and some attacking exciting football played rather -than hoofball to space, 2 right backs, and the dour trite we have been subject to all season.

if we have no chance .lets at least have no chance with some young guns who actually want to wear the shirt and will show guts n passion n pride !!!!!

ite never too late Mr McLeish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You heard McLeish after the Arsenal game, he blamed the players, not the tactics.

I predict another barricade, with Collins hoofing it to our only striker who will have no team mates around him, meaning we will give the ball straight back to them.

put gabby on ivonavic at right back

You heard McLeish after the Arsenal game, he blamed the players, not the tactics.

I predict another barricade, with Collins hoofing it to our only striker who will have no team mates around him, meaning we will give the ball straight back to them.

Thing is he has always said "we" "Us" and now he actually blamed the players....Time to stand up AM and say "I got it wrong, and have done from day 1 "

latest injury news according to Radio W.M.

injury doubts----Collins and---Emule (yet again), illness Stan,

lomg term out Bent,Dunne and Clark

if your going take your boots, you might make the bench!!!!

just going to polish my old Puma 300!!

Come On You Lions,,

Thing is he has always said "we" "Us" and now he actually blamed the players....Time to stand up AM and say "I got it wrong, and have done from day 1 "

The fact is, I'm not even sure HE is aware of that.

Dark times...

I wish i could be postive about this game, i can only see us losing this game :cry:

Hutton is out so we may have a chance

Make no mistake it is a game we should not be thinking is going to be easy, BUT, this Chelsea team are very beatable and we have to have a little shout, we need to get at 'em and not stand back star struck, giving them time on the ball making them look good. A score draw is a good forecast and would not be a bad result. 2-2

Make no mistake it is a game we should not be thinking is going to be easy, BUT, this Chelsea team are very beatable and we have to have a little shout, we need to get at 'em and not stand back star struck, giving them time on the ball making them look good. A score draw is a good forecast and would not be a bad result. 2-2

agreed boldfinger, i would go one further and say if we were set up right and got stuck in we could beat them again.

Maybe with the amount of injured defenders we have even AM might decide attack is the best form of defence.

put gabby on ivonavic at right back

Put Gabby on gardening leave!

Hutton is out so we may have a chance

Hutton's played quite well for the past five games!

Hutton's played quite well for the past five games!

I'd say Hutton had the game of his Villa life against Fulham but Gibbs and Gervinho ran rings around him last weekend. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch but he struggled.

I'd say Hutton had the game of his Villa life against Fulham but Gibbs and Gervinho ran rings around him last weekend. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch but he struggled.

many have struggled against arsenal .. but its true Hutton has done ok in the last batch of games.

. others on the pictch have been so much worse.. ALLBRIGHTON, HESKY , to name 2, why does allbrighton get no stick from villa fans,. he is woefull ,, i cannot understand how on earth he ever became a professsional footballer .

many have struggled against arsenal .. but its true Hutton has done ok in the last batch of games.

. others on the pictch have been so much worse.. ALLBRIGHTON, HESKY , to name 2, why does allbrighton get no stick from villa fans,. he is woefull ,, i cannot understand how on earth he ever became a professsional footballer .

Rocky, I think Hutton was probably our worst player against Blackburn. At least Albrighton started brightly (no pun intended) that day even if he faded later. Each to his own though, eh?

Don't know why Albrighton gets let off the hook with some seriously shoddy play. Maybe 'cause everyone loves a trier? Not sure. Of late, he's been poor and couldn't cross a cheque. I don't think he's going to fulfil his early promise but have to wonder what they do with him in training; whatever it is, it isn't working.

Rocky, I think Hutton was probably our worst player against Blackburn. At least Albrighton started brightly (no pun intended) that day even if he faded later. Each to his own though, eh?

Don't know why Albrighton gets let off the hook with some seriously shoddy play. Maybe 'cause everyone loves a trier? Not sure. Of late, he's been poor and couldn't cross a cheque. I don't think he's going to fulfil his early promise but have to wonder what they do with him in training; whatever it is, it isn't working.

disagree anne,,, not on the hutton front,,he was poor at blackburn. Allbrighton ,, i just dont understand it at all,, he is nowhere near a prem player and within 2 years will be a tamworth player,, sorry if that sound harsh ,, but watch him closely. he is a headless chicken with no skill,tricks,composure ,no postional sense,no shot.no nothing really!!!!!,, he is a local lad so he gets away with it and thats not right in my book

disagree anne,,, not on the hutton front,,he was poor at blackburn. Allbrighton ,, i just dont understand it at all,, he is nowhere near a prem player and within 2 years will be a tamworth player,, sorry if that sound harsh ,, but watch him closely. he is a headless chicken with no skill,tricks,composure ,no postional sense,no shot.no nothing really!!!!!,, he is a local lad so he gets away with it and thats not right in my book

Nah, Rocky, you're right. If Albrighton's current form continues I agree he'll be sliding down the leagues faster than a snake down a ladder.

I was just wondering why he's spared the slack 'cause he hasn't made any progress since becoming a first team regular.

Nah, Rocky, you're right. If Albrighton's current form continues I agree he'll be sliding down the leagues faster than a snake down a ladder.

I was just wondering why he's spared the slack 'cause he hasn't made any progress since becoming a first team regular.

he had two good games that i can remember! as i said local lad, no other reason ,, i tweeted him last week and he gave me dogs abuse back,which ended my support of marc