Yesbets

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raymond

[Official] Brett Holman Signs

70 posts in this topic

Kendrick says it could be confirmed as soon as tonight. Seems like a done deal, but I have not seen who it is. Any guesses?

Yesbets

I have been told it is Brett Holman from AZ..

What does AM and his route one, cross it into the box style of play want with a 5'9" frontman?

Not confirmed - Just what I have heard. TBH I cant see what he would want in him - very weird signing.

It could be any of dozens..... I will be suspect of any though....as its not long ago January was here and they obviously were not picked up....unless they all came out of contract at the end of january :lol:

Interesting signing to say the least.

Midfield player with boundless energy. Like the sound of this aussie

Quote from a bloke on VT who saw him play in Europa

Actaully i saw him against Udinese in the Europa league last week, And i have to say he didnt look half bad, quite creative.. Might add somthing to the team, please don't judge him by his goal ratio, because he is more of a creative player.. but of the whole half an hour I saw of him, he looked alrite.. so lets just wait before we pass judgment.

Its one of them signings that could turn into a salifou or be half decent for a freebie lets wait and see

At least this shows that we are at least planning for the future and next season, getting in early is a good move as far as free transfers are concerned.

It looks like this Guy has started 22 out of 25 games for the Dutch league leaders! i know nothing of europe's players and teams but thats got to be a good sign of is ability??

One other thing, what role does he play? is he an attacking midfielder or a winger?

It looks like this Guy has started 22 out of 25 games for the Dutch league leaders! i know nothing of europe's players and teams but thats got to be a good sign of is ability??

One other thing, what role does he play? is he an attacking midfielder or a winger?

Don't matter...AM will play him at left back...

It seems he has played almost all season as a RW!! maybe Albrighton will make way for him? but he can also play very well just behind the Striker according to his current coach. "a very important Player for us " is a direct quote.

There is a down side of course, he has a tendancy to rush act rashly thus giving the ball away but this season he has also been a big part of the Aussie national teams world cup qualification.

shows to me the sort of players we after for next season... Free ones..lol.

All sounds promising but after searching youtube he didn't look great to me, but i'll judge him when he plays a few games

could turn out to be a modern day Harry Kewell, or Craig Johnson-inagine the lad will be monitored by compatriot Herdy,-

---wont judge until he,s worn the Claret and Blue a few times--but needs more game time than Michael Bradley was given,

I have seen him play a couple of times for Alkmaar and have never been impressed so was kind of pissed off when it was him that signed. Poor signing as he isnt exactly a step up from Marc on the right. We will struggle if we are going for players of his calibre

well weve got a player, freebie or not hes a player, give the bloke a chance in the prem before shooting him. hes cost nothing, his wages are not gonna be top notch, and who know he may give us a couple of brilliant seasons then get sold off for a decent few million. so give him a chance to proove himself. at least it shows some one is working and trying to find players even if its on the cheap. who cares? becides that, its another nail in the coffin of the selling off brigade as far as im concerned.

well weve got a player, freebie or not hes a player, give the bloke a chance in the prem before shooting him. hes cost nothing, his wages are not gonna be top notch, and who know he may give us a couple of brilliant seasons then get sold off for a decent few million. so give him a chance to proove himself. at least it shows some one is working and trying to find players even if its on the cheap. who cares? becides that, its another nail in the coffin of the selling off brigade as far as im concerned.

Seems hes a bit like Frank Carrodus works non stop for the team......should do well. Couldnt do better on a Bosman!

If this is a sign of the future of the club IMO its championship here we come.

looking at the vid he seems to give something a few of our players dont, EFFORT. and a chance of a few more GOALS.

Seems hes a bit like Frank Carrodus works non stop for the team......should do well. Couldnt do better on a Bosman!

Frankie Carrot --hey there,s a blast from the past, them were the dayzz--------------

---a real workhorse and unsung hero,just like Kevin Richard son thats the mold i see Herdy fitting into,thesedays