FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa Stats And Facts

JustRich

No need to appologise rich, it was a good read.

Maybe the northampton thing was only refering to league games. But we did them in the cup as i will never forget there ground, it is by far the strangest i've ever been to.

Only two and a half stands, we were in the half stand behind one goal and the other half of the end was bowling greens which we were seperated from by a large privet hedge, it's the only time i've gone through a turnstile to be confronted with foliage. And the one side of the pitch opened up into the county cricket ground.

I had been drinking but i don't think i imagined any of this.

yes i was at that match , we won one nil

although i had too much to drink before the match i do remember the cricket pitch on the one side of the pitch/ground

and i burnt my fingers at half time

when some villa fans started rowing with the hot dog bloke

and while they were shouting at each other

i decided to nick some hot sausages

fliegetn0.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i was at that match , we won one nil

although i had too much to drink before the match i do remember the cricket pitch on the one side of the pitch/ground

and i burnt my fingers at half time

when some villa fans started rowing with the hot dog bloke

and while they were shouting at each other

i decided to nick some hot sausages

Lmao

mzjj.jpg

f*ck me sideways, were the 41st highest paying sports club in the world. Over 47k a week average. What kind of a wage are some of them on ? because half the squad are the academy and i bet most of them are on a pittance relatively speaking. Add to that the recent news mcleish is in the top 20 of highest paid managers and you can see why we need to cut costs.

It really is criminal the return we have for that amount of investment. Thanks for trying randy but you really have made a pigs ear of what could of been the start of something special.

The legacy of MON's reckless spending and RL's naivety!

Think the new revised figures should see us drop some way in that particular table!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

The legacy of MON's reckless spending and RL's naivety!

Think the new revised figures should see us drop some way in that particular table!

Right on both counts, but you would expect a billionaire who grew up with his dad owning a handegg franchise to be a little more clued up.

RL is to blame but he trusted Mon's judgement in thinking these players were the real deal the problem is as well that Faulkner is useless!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Right on both counts, but you would expect a billionaire who grew up with his dad owning a handegg franchise to be a little more clued up.

I just think he trusted MON's judgement too much and allowed him to spend on the promise of CL that MON surely assured RL?

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

I just think he trusted MON's judgement too much and allowed him to spend on the promise of CL that MON surely assured RL?

Again i agree, but as chairman he should of looked at the whole picture in turns of the wages been paid to players MON didn't use. Something he did all the time he was here, whilst moaning we had a small squad.

Archived