FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa Stats And Facts

JustRich

Wins:

Record Premiership Win: 12–2 v. Accrington Stanley, 12th March 1892

Record Football League Win: 7–1 v. Wimbledon, 11th February 1995

That's either impossible, or you have them the wrong way around...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong way round - although i thought our biggest win was 13-2 v Derby country?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

The last game was also against Germany, only this time, the German and English governments demanded that the players do the Nazi salute, the Villa players couldn't refuse but after the teams had done the salute the Villa players then proceeded to stick their two fingers up at the German players, who just applauded as they didn't have a clue what they were doing. Villa won the match 1-0.

Haha thats brilliant :P

Good work Rich!

Just a suggestion, maybe you might want to consider also adding a couple of lines about the Villa Academy? Their titles, etc.

I think it is something we are proud of and probably deserves a mention. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies Dorset yes I did include the 2nd and 3rd divisions, i may change it to state as such I think, and ill add the famous fans as I wasn't aware of them 2!

If anyone else spots any faults let me know and ill ammend although the Northampton stat was in the svfc miscellany

Very impressive but Bob Monkhouse certainly was not a Villa fan although he did his shows from the ATV centre in Aston Rd North. However his mate Dave Ismay is a Villa fan.

Noele Gordon (Crossroads) was the Midlands top personality during the 60s and 70s and was always down Villa Park but never made a fuss about it.

POUNTNEY

Hey Poutney on the official website it says that good old Bobby is a Villa fan - http://www.avfc.co.u...1489588,00.html

Well Ive read that and Ive also read both his autobiographies in which you will find no mention of Aston Villa or football for that matter. Its the Villa mafia trying to impress us all with star names but they have left out Noele Gordon the most well known personality in the Midlands for over twenty years. List probably made up by the office work experience kid from the internet!

POUNTNEY

Archived